1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there anyone here who travelled abroad after filling VAWA but BEFORE AOS approval? I just need to ask some questions.Thanks.

I've had Vawa approved since early summer last year, I am still waiting for my AOS interview (almost a year and a half) but I've pretty much been to every corner of the world in the past few months with my Advance Parole Travel Document.

Edited by blest.but.strest

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for asking for me Sandra. I will appriciate any info about traveling with AP. Please share the story. I'm very interested how did reentry went. Everybody is terrifide of the "room" they bring you in. What are they asking about? Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for asking for me Sandra. I will appriciate any info about traveling with AP. Please share the story. I'm very interested how did reentry went. Everybody is terrifide of the "room" they bring you in. What are they asking about? Thanks.

It's a piece of cake. If you never accrued unlawful presence, you have nothing to worry about. I've used it 6 times already (I've been to Canada, Dubai, Europe and Asia) and I have had no problems at all when coming back. The first time was longer than the 5 last time because they asked me a few questions about my I-485 and my Vawa I-360. They didn't ask me anything too specific but they did ask me the dates of my marriage and divorce and dates of when I applied for my I-485 and I-360. Every other time they simply asked me my address and why I didn't get my GC yet. They then fingerprinted me, took a picture of me, stamped my passport and I was good to go. The first time took about 30 mins (20 mins of typing and 10 mins for the questions, the biometrics and stamping). The following times not more than 15-20 mins max.

If you have had any criminal issues or if you were unlawfully present in the US or if your vawa isn't approved, I highly suggest you not to leave the country. But if you never had any of those issues, go ahead, I have had the time of my life during the past few months, I am not even thinking or stressing about my Case. :joy:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

so today I had my interview exactly 31 days ago, im stil waiting for my letter as well greencard, so im going to open a service request today as well, lets see what they will answer me

good luck to everybody else who is still waiting

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Amika, what questions were you asked at the interview? Did they tell you that you would get a decision letter in the mail?

hey skazzka,

the IO officer didn't really ask me a lot of questions, all she was asking me for was my passport and my ID, and then I just had to confirm things like my maiden name, my address, and she was asking me if I just have two kids since they came with me to the interview,.......and then she asked me the YEs/No questions and that was it, at the end she said I will give you a recommendation of approval, and she printed me a paper out which was marked for recommendation of approval, and that I will get the decision in mail once my case is complete

The IO lady said I will get the decision letter next week but im waiting now 31 days .........

but the intereviw was very good and the IO lady very sweet and nice, so I pray that someone there will take my file in hands soon and sent me my decision letter out

did u have ur interview already? did you get any decision yet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

so today I had my interview exactly 31 days ago, im stil waiting for my letter as well greencard, so im going to open a service request today as well, lets see what they will answer me

good luck to everybody else who is still waiting

Hi Amika,

Did officer give you any notices? Something like: "your file needs further review"?. My IO gave me this notice and it says to wait at least 120 days before making any inquires. If your interview went well, then probably your IO was just a newbie and needs supervisor approval first. People here have said that it can take a couple of months sometimes. So, stay positive :)

I am too waiting for AOS decision although it has "ONLY" been 2 weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Are they now processing Vawa cases like asylum cases? I never heard of people getting a recommendation of approval in vawa before. They usually just get approved or denied.

I've never heard of it either. Did you get one?

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Amika, thank you for sharing your interview experience. I didn't have my interview yet. I recently sent AOS package based on Vawa approval and got scheduled for biometrics next week. So I have long time waiting. I never heard about recommendation of approval either. Why then she couldn't approve at interview then if she didnt send the file for further review?

I hope you will get your approval and green card very soon!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.