1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I am back! I went for my interview this morning and was approved for my green card along with the word it can take up to 30 days before I receive it! I can't believe it!!!! Tomorrow I go back to hopefully finalize my divorce. I can not believe that I have made it thru already! I wish everyone good luck

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations Oti and ForeverAlways!!!

ForeverAlways, could you please share your interview experience here. What questions were you asked and which documents did you bring to interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Forever Always, congratulations. Praise the Lord!

Oti, congratulations! Good luck with your AOS! Hopefully your interview letter comes soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there guys! I just wanna share my story with you. My lawyer applied for my I360, I485 and I765 last Aug 28, 2015. I received my biometrics schedule last Sept 22, 2015. I had my biometrics done last Oct 8, 2015 here in Buffalo, New York. My lawyer said that the work permit is being issued for approximately 90 days from the day of application. It's already more than 90 days since I applied but I haven't received any updates from USCIS. I'm currently having depression because of this issue. I read some post here telling that they usually get their work permit around a month after the biometrics.

I don't know until when should I wait. Sometimes, I'm thinking to just jump on the plane going back home and forget everything. :(

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations Oti and ForeverAlways!!!

ForeverAlways, could you please share your interview experience here. What questions were you asked and which documents did you bring to interview?

I had my lawyer present who had all documents if needed. I brought along our old passport as I haven't renewed ours yet, our EAD cards, our Military ID cards from my ex husband to be to show who we are. The officer ask me for my name, address, ask if I was still married to my ex and then ask what the. And of my kids were and their Birthdays. She ask me if I have ever had to deal with the police (which I did for a failure to register the vehicle, which is in my exs name only. I explained how the da dropped it and she said okay good. Then she looked at my medical paperwork and said everything was fine there too. She then looked at me and said: you are approved, you will get your green card within 30 days but she didn't believe it would take that long and that it would be mailed to my lawyers. I said thank you to her, she then had my minor son come in ask him the same questions and said he was approved as well and again it would be mailed to the lawyers. We both thanked her and waited outside the room for the lawyers to come out...

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Redmango did you lawyer inquire USCIS about your I765? if not then you should inquire to find out about your EAD go to infopass as well.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_lang.php?sel_lang=en

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Redmango did you lawyer inquire USCIS about your I765? if not then you should inquire to find out about your EAD go to infopass as well.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_lang.php?sel_lang=en

Thanks Miss Sandra for replying. I send an email to my lawyer in Seattle but no response. I called the USCIS, they said I can mail them for update because they don't give information over the phone.

Usually how long is the issuance of the I765? I did not get any response from USCIS only the biometrics schedule for I485. Is that good?

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations Oti and *Forever*Always*!!!! So so Happy for you guys!!! Wishing you all the best of luck in the next chapter of ultimate freedom.

Thank you everybody for remembering to post your timelines...it really helps ease the anxiety for those of us who are in wait.....

Thanks again everyone!.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys my case was transferred to NBC on October 4 2015. And since then I havent heard anything. How much longer to my aos interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Amamndla and Geoheaven, nobody can really tell you how long your wait is going to be. Some people wait one month, some people wait 3 months, some people wait 6 months and more. Only God knows why. But one thing I can tell you for sure - you can not speed up the process. You can try to do Infopass and at some point later on, they will be able to tell you that they have your A-file and you will receive your interview letter soon. But until then, all you can do is wait. I know it is painful to hear, but it is what it is.

Since NBC does not post their processing times for vawa AOS, all we can do here is just guess. But let's take my timeline (it is posted on page 93) as an average processing time for an average vawa AOS applicant. So from the day my case was transferred to NBC (received e-notification and a letter in mail) till I received a letter for interview total days = 106 (including holidays an weekends);
- Geoheaven, let's assume you will have similar wait time and add 106 days to October 4, 2015 (date your case was transferred to NBC) and we have Monday, January 18, 2016
- Amandla, your final date is Thursday, December 24, 2015.
Keep in mind, this is only approximate calculation. You may receive you interview letter sooner or wait way beyond those dates. Our processing times can not be similar, we have different local USCIS offices, different backgrounds and etc.
Edited by Dodgertown

Filed: Other Country: Swaziland
Timeline

@dodgertown thank you so much abt the info and this waiting game is killing me but hey im almost at the end of the tunnel its been a long journey i just hope they will reply soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.