1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I wanted to stop in and say that I have been super busy here. Here is an update on things...

My EAD was approved and I received it 29th of September. Which I got it the first of October as I picked up at the lawyers office. I applied for SSN's the same day as I picked the EAD cards up. I got offered to come the next day to get the SSN's but it be a few days before I got them in the mail. I applied for my first jobs and started working just 3 weeks after my EAD cards were in my Hands. I was hired as part time and only been there for around 3 1/2 weeks and was offered a full time position last week which I accepted. The same day I got hired was the same day I was accepting an apartment. I started working on a Tuesday and moved just 3 days later into our own home. Yes we didn't have anything but little things so we are working our way up. My kids and I (we) are very happy with life even though courts keep letting my ex get away with to much and the divorce has been dragged out way to long. I hope it ends at the next hearing next month.

I don't want you to give up hope and dreams, it may take time with immigration but the freedom of just working and having our own place is so worth it! Keep up your dreams and they will happen.

Thank you for everyone that has been there for me!!!!

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Sandranj and VJ members, I can't express enough my joy.Just want to share good news to you guys. I got my EAD last month and I Finally received the approval of my vawa yesterday after the long wait. I have been waiting 11 months since I applied my i360 and finally I'm almost over. Just start waiting now for the schedule for interview for my pending i485.

I can't thank Sandra enough for being so wonderful person.I Thank God for using Sandra and thanks to this vawa thread and to the members for sharing their journey and for inspiring other vawa members on their cases.

To all the members who are still waiting for approvals, just keep believing and Sandra is a really great advicer. Just hang in there.I hope and pray for all your approvals too.God is good all the time.

Lonelady

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations Linh Luong!

Enjoy your freedom now!

Thank you so much.

Everybody in this forum will find his/her own freedom soon since this forum has a lot of valuable information.

Your day will come.

:D

another anxious and Ling Luong CONGRATULATIONS :joy: !

Thank you Sandra

:D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you freeish15!. Yes, it was a long wait.I'm almost over. I am waiting now for the schedule for my adjustment of status. To all who waited long for their approvals, just hang it there and you'll get approvals soon too. Good luck guys! God Bless you Sanndranj.

Timeline

Omg I just got word that our interviews have been scheduled!!!!! Just got notice and interviews are on the 7th!!!!!! Omg!!!! My son and I both have different days!!!

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Omg I just got word that our interviews have been scheduled!!!!! Just got notice and interviews are on the 7th!!!!!! Omg!!!! My son and I both have different days!!!

Can you please share your AOS timeline? It would be great if you could include these details:

1. When your VAWA case was approved

2. When your case was transferred to NBC (normally you receive a letter in mail notifying about this transfer)

3. When your case was transferred to local office (you probably don't have this info, unless you specifically requested one from USCIS)

4. Did you receive any online case status update when your interview was scheduled or was it just letter in the mail?

This information would really help to those who are still waiting for their interviews.

Timeline

Can you please share your AOS timeline? It would be great if you could include these details:

1. When your VAWA case was approved

2. When your case was transferred to NBC (normally you receive a letter in mail notifying about this transfer)

3. When your case was transferred to local office (you probably don't have this info, unless you specifically requested one from USCIS)

4. Did you receive any online case status update when your interview was scheduled or was it just letter in the mail?

This information would really help to those who are still waiting for their interviews. [/quote

Vawa was approved September 15th,2015

EAD was approved September 23, 2015

I got a letter saying about the i693 and was told to bring it if I got a interview to bring it with me.

Just receive notice interview at the local office for dec 7th! Hope this is not bad news

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

My friends,

Today I finally received my Green Card. 223 Days since the day I sent my AOS paperwork to Vermont or 639 Days since I applied for VAWA.

This journey was a big life test. And without your help and support guys, I would have never passed it.

I still remember how a lawyer with 20 years of experience on Avvo told me that he has never seen a male applicant to win vawa case. I will probably say "Hi" to him one day. "But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength..." 2 Timothy 4-17. Do not lose hope guys! Do not lose hope!

Timeline:

Feb 16, 2014 - Vawa package sent to VSC

Feb 23, 2014 - Package received

May 14, 2014 - RFE (abuse)

Aug 7, 2014 - RFE response submitted

Sep 18, 2014 - VAWA APPROVED

Apr 16, 2015 - AOS package sent to VSC

May 13. 2015 - Biometrics

Jun 01, 2015 - Case transferred to NBC

Aug 26, 2015 - Case transferred to local office (as per Infopass appt, online status still shows case at NBC)

Sep 10, 2015 - Infopass Appointment (was told to expect interview letter in 30 days)

Sep 15, 2015 - AOS interview letter received (online case status still shows case at NBC since June 1st)

Oct 20, 2015 - Interview (No decision, case held for further review)

Nov 18, 2015 - AOS approved (online case status updated...finally)

Nov 23, 2015 - Welcome to America letter received

Nov 25, 2015 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.