Lee&Ana

Motivation behind bringing a foreign woman to your country

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

For those that know me, they considered me bachelor for life (including my family). I was introduced to my wife from a colleague at work (I became friends with her and her family), and was in a stage of my life to visit different countries. I was actually on vacation in Peru when my colleague asked if I would like to be introduced to my wife. I said yes, and the rest is history.

The reasons on why I wanted to marry my wife was for her honestly, sincerity, how she took care of me when I visited (I always stayed at her place from the first day I visited her), her intellect (she was a teacher), and of course physically. My wife also had her reasons for picking me (this is what she told me) which included being taller than her, wanting children, not drinking much (I only drink when I visit her brother), taking care of her medical needs (she had thyroid cancer), and being a family man. I imagine she probably would have preferred an older gentleman than I (I'm two years older than her) because I can be childish at times, but she knows I am responsible when it counts the most.

We had dated for over a year, before I felt I was ready to propose/marry. I don't think there is a magic number on the length of time/visits before you should be ready, but the more/longer you are able to visit/stay it only benefits the both of you. What ever you choose OP, just be honest to yourself and fiancée. If you don't feel it's right, don't rush into it is my only suggestion.

I'll second eieio's resposne, for the most part.

I was also a lifelong bachelor and had tried bars, friends and local dating sites like Match and E-harm with fairly bad results. I have seen shows on Russian/Asian/Latino dating and had been curious for quite some time. A discussion one day at work led to me clicking on an asian dating site to see. My wife picked me out on the 2nd day and it has been nothing but smiles since.

The transition for a filipina is easier to an American lifestyle because the cultures are not that dramatically different, as well as the tremendous use of english in the Philippines. I found most women to be more traditional in their attitudes...not to say submissive either, but consirvative in their social life.

I had met sooooooooo many american women that are brash, nasty acting and spoiled. I heard a lot of "what do you have for me" in my attempts at dating. I even had one tell me about the large custom house she was going to insist on having....during our first date.

I can't speak for all, but I entered this a bit under prepared. Once I started seriously thinking of dating someone from the Philippines, I began learning all I could about the culture, history, language and customs of the country. I have fallen in love with the people of the most beautiful place I have ever had the privilage of getting to visit and can't wait to return. The whole epierence of meeting and marrying my wonderful wife has changed me forever into a better person. I am just waiting for that day she can walk through the dor of our house, here with me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A great number of off-topic, flippant, and derisive posts have been removed from this thread, and several currently surviving ones are at risk of removal because they fail to reach the heart of the matter. The OP is asking a serious question and has clarified the breadth of response that he is looking for. Please refer to the opening post and the OP's clarification of it, and confine your response narrowly to the question that he has asked.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My assumption is that the dynamics can be very differentiate depending on the country's concerned.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I am pondering the same thing.

What is your motivation? What are your ideas as to what life will be like and what do you envision your roles to be in your marriage?

Thanks for sharing.

I am pondering the motivation that a man has when he decides to look outside his country for a wife. I have my own thought process but I am interested in hearing what other men have to say on the subject. Perhaps this would be an opportunity to examine the phenomenon that is occuring now where many men are bringing foreign women to their country for marriage. I am about to start the k1 process for my girlfriend. I have my ideas as to what life could/would/should or will be like and what our respective roles in the marriage will be. Let the conversation begin.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

T, s/he has done no such thing.

If you want to open a cogent discussion you fist set out the topic, you offer your own views so that everyone knows what line of though you are following and you, as the 'owner' of the topic set the tone of the conversation. Leaving it open shows a disinterest in participating in the very discussion one is proposing. With that rationale I can offer many explanations which may be considered derisive, yet be true and represent my opinion. Leaving it open invites responses that may fall outside the TOS.

Furthermore, it should be considered against TOS to even suggest that a certain topic can only be replied by men, because the subject can - and IMHO must be looked at from both sides. For all we know the phenomenon [sic] is not being originated by men and in all fairness, in America, in the XXI century, the question also applies to all women who have brought their fiances over on K-1 visas.

I don't mean to be rude or question your actions as a mod, so much as I question your rationale in this topic. The entire premise of the topic, as the OP intends is a violation of TOS for he explicitly states women were not supposed to comment or answer.

A great number of off-topic, flippant, and derisive posts have been removed from this thread, and several currently surviving ones are at risk of removal because they fail to reach the heart of the matter. The OP is asking a serious question and has clarified the breadth of response that he is looking for. Please refer to the opening post and the OP's clarification of it, and confine your response narrowly to the question that he has asked.

VJ Moderation

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I know I'm not the smartest guy in the room - so I clearly am misunderstanding this part of the TOS:

you agree that when using the Service, you will not: Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two posts have been restored to the thread, and one (in which only replies from men were asked for) has been removed, for treading on the TOS as has been very correctly pointed out.

The OP has said that he wants "to gather input of what made you choose a foreign woman to marry." He also says that he wants "to learn other people's reasoning for getting a partner from another country," which implies that women's responses can be valuable, too.

He can clarify whether he wants "how we met" stories along with pure "why" stories.

As an early participant accurately noted, threads like this can easily head south and be locked, often to the detriment of genuinely helpful information that appears amidst the distraction/detraction. Therefore, please stick to his topic. Blatant stereotyping is a no-no, please, so let's try hard to view people's responses as their personal experience rather than as a slam at "all" women (or men) of a given nationality.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

I like cute young asian spinner babes that are a lot younger than I so I went and got one.

I guess I can only assume that they like old white men sugar daddy in return. It's a mutual agreement then, nothing wrong with that. I'm being sarcastic for those who may take what I wrote serious.

I would also like to hear the OP motivation or thought process.

Timeline

Hey that babe today signed to buy her 1st house on her own and she plans on doing the renovations and rent that place within months. Pretty soon she won't need her sugar daddy. I am proud of her.

I guess I can only assume that they like old white men sugar daddy in return. It's a mutual agreement then, nothing wrong with that. I'm being sarcastic for those who may take what I wrote serious.

I would also like to hear the OP motivation or thought process.