875 posts in this topic

Thank you for this thread. Not that I have anything to say really, but i am so frustrating this taking such a long time. When me and my husband started this process I was naive to think if you did everything right it would be approved within a year for sure. I wanted to marry here among my family and friends as me and my husband will live in the States and I was prepared to wait for a year to organize everything here for the move. If I had known we would have received RFE:s even if we done the application correctly and that it would delay our case with months I would have chose the fiance visa instead, because this wait isn't worth having the wedding in your home country. At best it seems like our case will be done in January/February, taking more than 18 months from start. Seeing other people walking past us all the time really feels unfair when there is no reason to restrain us... I am happy our time line isn't the normal, just want the approval to happen to us too soon. Wish everyone Good Luck on their process.

I just looked at your timeline. I can't believe USCIS took 11 months to approve you :( and I saw you had about a month gap for sending in your AOS forms too. I really hope you get done at NVC soon. It really speeds up when the interview date is set. I can't believe I even complained to myself about how my interview was scheduled for mid November because it meant waiting just over a month. Already half that time is gone and it doesn't compare to the uncertainty of the I-130 fiasco with the National Benefits Center we all went through.

I really hope NVC goes back to being a 2 month thing really soon. I had my sights set on being in the US by August at one point before the backlog became apparent o-o

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

7th month at the NVC and 1 year now in the visa process. We completed our I-130 1 year ago today.

We were in the backlog at USCIS and now the same here at the NVC. It seems everyone who started the process a month or two before or after us is moving faster. We were caught in the USCIS backlog, and then the USCIS "dump" to NVC which backed everything up at NVC this summer as well, and now the NVC change to reviewing both AOS and IV documents together which has likely delayed the review of our AOS checklist further. Although we wish nothing but the fastest process for everyone, sometimes we feel that If we didn't have bad luck, we would have no luck at all. My heart goes out to the others here that also seem to be having a hard time as well.

Our AOS checklist (the fault of our incompetent attorney and a total waste of $2,000) has a scan date 9/23. Hopefully this is the month. It needs to happen soon before this horrible process does permanent damage to our marriage. My wife has been very strong so far but now that we pass the one year mark her strength is fading. She has a hard time undrstanding how a process so basic could take so long. I must admit, I am embarrassed as an American in fromt of my Dominican family who all wonders what is taking so long and how broken our system must be.

I am in Santo Domingo as I type this. I made an "emergency" visit here that I really can't afford in order to sooth my wife who is devastated that she will not be in the USA for Christmas due to last month's checklist and the resulting additional 2 month delay. This afternoon we are going to visit la iglesia cerca la casa and pray that we receive good news soon.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Soloenta, I pray November will be your month!! :star: You deserve it so much (F) I don't post much on here anymore, but I still keep thinking of you :)

I finally found this thread! :thumbs:

I checked Saylin's NVC Nov 2014 thread and followed the link on the first page! :star:

I really hope Samreen and Soloenta get CC this month! :yes: Fingers crossed! :whistle:

I too keep checking this thread hoping for a good news from SOLOENTA ! I hope this is your month dear lady!!!!

I-130 Sent: 08/28/2013

I-130 NOA1: 08/29/2013

Xfer to CSC: 01/26/2014

NOA2: 03/27/2014

NVC received: 04/07/2014

DS-261/AOS Bill received: 05/12/2014

AOS Bill paid: 05/12/2014

DS-261 completed: 05/12/2014

AOS packet sent:06/02/2014

AOS packet scanned: 06/05/2014

DS-261 resubmitted: 6/12/2014 (error, but the date was reset)

AOS checklist: 07/18/2014

AOS checklist response scanned: 7/22/2014

DS-261 reviewed and IV invoice email received: 08/06/2014

IV invoice available and paid: 08/07/2014

IV packet sent: 08/08/2014

DS-260 completed 08/12/2014

NVC Case Completed: OCTOBER 2ND, 2014

Interview scheduled: 10/03/2014

Interview in Sofia, Bulgaria: 11/20/2014

POA DFW airport: December 3rd, 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I m out if words by seeing the amount of cheer and support on this thread. Everytime I see my name in a any post I see such heart felt wishes and I m so happy that I made good friends atleast in this horrible process. Thankyou people. Can't tell how much it means to me. I hope I don't disappoint u guys by getting a checklist instead if cc! Praying hard to hear something by Monday or Tuesday!! (L)

Just got back from work that's y replied late :luv:

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I m out if words by seeing the amount of cheer and support on this thread. Everytime I see my name in a any post I see such heart felt wishes and I m so happy that I made good friends atleast in this horrible process. Thankyou people. Can't tell how much it means to me. I hope I don't disappoint u guys by getting a checklist instead if cc! Praying hard to hear something by Monday or Tuesday!! (L)

Just got back from work that's y replied late :luv:

I'm praying this will be the month for CC'S all June 2013 and those who started the process before June 2013. I'll be praying just as hard with you that your CC comes next week. :goofy: P.S. thank you for mentioning that removal of conditions and it not being necessary for those married 2 years. Brought a smile to my face knowing we possibly wont' have to deal with immigration in the immediate future after all of this. May God Bless us all to be done with this process sooner rather than later.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been reading the NVC threads for months and thought now was good time to post. Samreen and Solenta I remember you all from the June I1-30 thread. Our timelines are similar. I too am on my 7th/8th(Time is moving too fast :clock: )month at NVC :cry:. I thought by now we would be finished with the process. And to have to sit and wonder if our spouses/ family will be here for the holidays is kinda like a slap in the face :ranting: Samreen, I read your post about how if we have to wait until Jan for an interview, we won't have to do a removal of conditions, which would save us $600. To be honest, even if my hubby get's a December interview, I would almost rather wait for him to come until Jan.It would be so worth it to wait until our 2 years anniversary to come which would be Jan. 31st. At his point I don't feel like Immigration deserves any more of our hard earned money considering what they have put us through. Let us stay in prayer one for another and continue to support and be strong for one another. I love seeing the amount of support on this thread.

Another June, 2013 filer!? :wow: OMG! :wow: Sorry to hear that you've been waiting for a long time. :cry:

I'd wait until you have your 2-year anniversary to move to the US if I were you too! :star:

However, some people might argue that the opportunity cost of waiting to move to the US may be greater (saving $600 vs. moving to the US ASAP and getting a job and making more than $600). Well, nobody knows the future. :wacko:

Our AOS checklist (the fault of our incompetent attorney and a total waste of $2,000) has a scan date 9/23. Hopefully this is the month. It needs to happen soon before this horrible process does permanent damage to our marriage. My wife has been very strong so far but now that we pass the one year mark her strength is fading. She has a hard time undrstanding how a process so basic could take so long. I must admit, I am embarrassed as an American in fromt of my Dominican family who all wonders what is taking so long and how broken our system must be.

I remember reading a posting of someone spending $7,000 to hire a lawyer and getting a checklist. :cry:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline

I'm praying this will be the month for CC'S all June 2013 and those who started the process before June 2013. I'll be praying just as hard with you that your CC comes next week. :goofy: P.S. thank you for mentioning that removal of conditions and it not being necessary for those married 2 years. Brought a smile to my face knowing we possibly wont' have to deal with immigration in the immediate future after all of this. May God Bless us all to be done with this process sooner rather than later.

Yes I had this discussion with hubby as well since he didn't know about this ROC stuff. We decided that if we get dec interview then I will go cux I would be too depressed to miss another New Year's Eve plus second anniversary to save 600. But if I get early Jan interview then I definitely would wait and go after our Anni. So let's see :) depends on my cc and interview date. Right now just having a cc would be a big big relief :)

NOA1- 6-6-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

I just looked at your timeline. I can't believe USCIS took 11 months to approve you :( and I saw you had about a month gap for sending in your AOS forms too. I really hope you get done at NVC soon. It really speeds up when the interview date is set. I can't believe I even complained to myself about how my interview was scheduled for mid November because it meant waiting just over a month. Already half that time is gone and it doesn't compare to the uncertainty of the I-130 fiasco with the National Benefits Center we all went through.

I really hope NVC goes back to being a 2 month thing really soon. I had my sights set on being in the US by August at one point before the backlog became apparent o-o

Yes, it it the USCIS thing that makes me disappointed, because their RFE:s were completely wrong and made it take 11 months to be approved and on top of that we arrived at NVC when they were in the backlog so time seems not to be infavor for us even if I know there are other people having it even worse. Sending in the packages two-three weeks after the AOS/IV payments we have a reason for and nothing we blame NVC for or this process. Husband called NVC when it was 60 days since they received the AOS package and was given the information that they will review it at the same time as the IV package. Were yours approved individually? Know the feeling of hoping for the best and then see the date pass by and look for another. Kind of hard to plan things, like job, place to live and so on, but sooner or later luck must shine on us too :star: . Wish you Good Luck with your upcoming interview!!

Timeline

Another June, 2013 filer!? :wow: OMG! :wow: Sorry to hear that you've been waiting for a long time. :cry:

I'd wait until you have your 2-year anniversary to move to the US if I were you too! :star:

However, some people might argue that the opportunity cost of waiting to move to the US may be greater (saving $600 vs. moving to the US ASAP and getting a job and making more than $600). Well, nobody knows the future. :wacko:

I remember reading a posting of someone spending $7,000 to hire a lawyer and getting a checklist. :cry:

Lol I told u April to June 2013 filers had 'unlucky' written on their files from the beginning of the process :) be it DACA petetion or philippine auto expedite, or Nvc dump hole, we have just been pushed back at every step. Don't be so surprised :) Edited by samreen23

NOA1- 6-6-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't believe I even complained to myself about how my interview was scheduled for mid November because it meant waiting just over a month.

Good thing you didn't post any whining posting on the Interview thread that you'll need to wait for your interview for a month! :content:

I'd have definitely replied to your posting saying, "Oh, you'd rather get a checklist and wait for 60 more days?" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hope I don't disappoint u guys by getting a checklist instead if cc! Praying hard to hear something by Monday or Tuesday!! (L)

I hope NVC doesn't screw you again! :star: Fingers crossed! :thumbs:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline

Awww StrawberryKiss thank you so much I'm honored you would think of me. I need prayers so badly not only to get out of NVC but God willing to not be put in AP.

Again thank you and your always in my thoughts and prayers. t4582.gif

Of course! (L) I hope you won't have to undergo AP. This unfair process of tearing up couples and families needs to stop :angry:

Thankyou so much ebu! And all other who just prayed for both of us! It means a lottt to us. And yes I m praying it's the last month for us at Nvc!! It's getting unbearable now. Thankyou VJ family for remembering and rooting for us. Luv u all! (L):luv:

You are in my thoughts as well. I am really hoping for good news for you this week!!

PS: I LOVE coriander! :P:rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well we have a full list of mistakes ... I really hope this will not cause any delays and its just formal cause for one week I was so happy and making tons of plans.... Hubby will call on monday as well to ask what is going on and hopefully this is not bad !

Lots of luckiness ot all of us- hopefully this nightmare will end with this year and 2015 we will all be with our spouses celebrating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God I hope so if you have any problems post or have your husband post the pages that have supposed mistakes and post them here with OUT personal information you don't want anyone to see and someone might be able to help you out. :) Praying for everyone to speed thought this mess. t0803.gif

Hey Guys,

I've been reading the NVC threads for months and thought now was good time to post. Samreen and Solenta I remember you all from the June I1-30 thread. Our timelines are similar. I too am on my 7th/8th(Time is moving too fast :clock: )month at NVC :cry:. I thought by now we would be finished with the process. And to have to sit and wonder if our spouses/ family will be here for the holidays is kinda like a slap in the face :ranting: Samreen, I read your post about how if we have to wait until Jan for an interview, we won't have to do a removal of conditions, which would save us $600. To be honest, even if my hubby get's a December interview, I would almost rather wait for him to come until Jan.It would be so worth it to wait until our 2 years anniversary to come which would be Jan. 31st. At his point I don't feel like Immigration deserves any more of our hard earned money considering what they have put us through. Let us stay in prayer one for another and continue to support and be strong for one another. I love seeing the amount of support on this thread.

HI Tag Team graphics-welcome-010883.gif to the tread.

Welcome to the club and God willing it will be dissolved soon (doesn't mean we wont keep in touch. :) ) About the removal of conditions I would take what ever comes first. I would pay twice that to have my husband home early and by my side. Also if you wait just about anything can happen I just wouldn't risk it. Take what ever comes first would be my advise, immigration doesn't deserve one cent, but you deserve your loved on. t4582.gif I agree, only prayer will get us out of they and we need to pray for each other to make this happen. How can God not hear our cries and see our bleeding hearts!

Yes, a little understanding from others can soothe the frustration and a little cheering from others can give a person some new energy. Compare to your example with dying relatives I guess I have nothing to complain about, as both me and my husband doing fine, just want to do super fine together in a not too distant future. Hope that will happen to you too very soon :star:

I agree and I pray the same for you and very soon God willing. Thank you for your good wishes and beautiful thoughts. :)t4582.gif

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Timeline

You may be right about the opportunity costs. But my peace of mind over getting a break from our lovely government officials is worth more than a few extra dollars in household income, Tnks for weighing in.

Timeline

By the way I was fortunate to have a lawyer for the first part to get me through USCIS with no checklist for $500.

Edited by TagTeam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.