Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2014

1,736 posts in this topic

Yey, case complete! Called today to confirm it. AOS 22nd aug, IV 8th Oct, no checklists. Happy, happy, happy!!now I just wait to get my interview date!

for current annual income list 2013 income (if it is sufficient) .. if you put different from last year you are required to provide documents for prove it.. you will definitely get another checklist

No :no:

Current annual income is just that, the petitioner's CURRENT annual income. It's not based on previous year's. It's what is being made right NOW. If the petitioner is salary, then put their current salary, as of the filing of the form. If they're paid per hour, then calculate how much they're making right now per hour (hourly wage x hours worked per week x weeks worked in a year).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

No :no:

Current annual income is just that, the petitioner's CURRENT annual income. It's not based on previous year's. It's what is being made right NOW. If the petitioner is salary, then put their current salary, as of the filing of the form. If they're paid per hour, then calculate how much they're making right now per hour (hourly wage x hours worked per week x weeks worked in a year).

My friend just received a checklist for current annual income. They would like to see how he came up with the amount ... what I made last year was enough then its safer to list the same income.. will not get a checklist..

Do NVC sign for Fedex or express shipments ?

Edited by dnp2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My friend just received a checklist for current annual income. They would like to see how he came up with the amount ... what I made last year was enough then its safer to list the same income.. will not get a checklist..

Do NVC sign for Fedex or express shipments ?

Thanks saylin, Supervisor Betsy told me the same which you just mentioned. It is estimated on recent paystubs and I asked her if my husband needs to provide additional proof for hike in salary, she told me we don't ask for any such proof but if you still want to be secured, you can take it to embassy. we don't require any such proofs

My husband is going to send checklist today. Any common mistakes for AOS form? one I know is, leave nothing blank. Put NA. Also I heard few people got checklisted for signing in blue ink and few for black ink? what else needs to be taken care of. We got a checklist just for part 13.a.1. My hubby filed 1040.

Edited by Paavy

USCIS:
Service Center : Vermont Service Centre
Consulate : New Delhi, India.
2013/12/02 : Got Married in India

2014/02/13 : Mailed I-130 application
2013/02/18 : NOA 1
2014/06/04 : Received NOA2

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (NVC):
2014/06/30 : National Visa Center (NVC) received approved I-130 petition from Vermont Service Centre
2014/07/10 : National Visa Center (NVC) Case Number, IIN & BIN generated.
2014/07/18 : DS-261 available. Completed & submitted online.
2014/07/18 : AOS fee bill invoiced & paid online.

2014/08/15 : Mailed AOS package (Scan date-19th August)

2014/09/04 : IV fee bill invoiced & paid online.

2014/09/06 : Mailed IV package (scanned into system on September 10th)

2014/09/10 : Submitted DS-260

2014/11/07: New scan date for AOS checklist

2015/01/05: Case Complete

Called NVC I could never get another answer beside the 60 days story. She said call at the end of the month. Soo easy to say! Any more cc? Scan date 9/24 for both package.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Whean was your AOS and iv scan date?

Aug 22nd for my AOS packet

Sept 11th for my IV packet

I-751 ROC
2016-08-31 I-751 form sent to USCIS
2016-09-02 NOA 1
2016-10-13 Biometrics appointment

N-400

2017-08-31 Filed N-400 online

2017-08-31 Receipt Notice

2017-09-18 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hey Dwarrell.

Thanks for your reply and thank you for this infomration. I have checked out Saylin's Wiki page, but unless I missed something, I was wondering which income do we input on the I-864? Do we put $0 since none of it is US dollars or do we put down the Canadian amount? I believe it is probably latter.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

This depends on which question you're talking about. Part 6 question 5 (current income) is whatever is being earned now - that would be your current Canadian income. My understanding is that you should convert it to US dollars and provide some evidence of how you did the conversion.

Part 6 question 13 (federal income tax return information) must match what is on your US tax return. A lot of people get check listed on this question, so read the I-864 instructions and ensure you're using the correct figure for the type of 1040 you submitted. If all of your income was foreign earned, the figures you enter here may be very small (even 0) - it doesn't matter, it must exactly match what's on your US tax return,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Aug 22nd for my AOS packet

Sept 11th for my IV packet

Enhorabuena! :dance:

Our Relationship
11/06/2010: Met in Spain
11/21/2010: Officially became an item
08/12/2011: A moved to USA

09/09/2012: A moved back to Spain
01/26/2013: I proposed in Barcelona
07/19/2013: WEDDING DAY! (L)

USCIS
05/16/2014: I-130 package scanned

05/19/2014: I-130 NOA1 electronic copy received
05/27/2014: I-130 NOA1 hard copy received
05/23/2014: I-130 NOA2 ELECTRONIC COPY RECEIVED! :dancing:

NVC
06/03/2014: NVC received case
06/23/2014: NVC Case Number and Invoice ID Number assigned
07/09/2014: DS-261 completed online & accepted
07/10/2014: AoS bill invoiced & paid
08/05/2014: AoS package scanned
09/08/2014: IV bill invoiced & paid
09/10/2014: IV package scanned
09/28/2014: DS-260 completed online & accepted
10/17/2014: AoS checklist email received

10/21/2014: AoS checklist package scanned

12/13/2014: CASE COMPLETE! :dancing:
12/29/2014: Interview scheduled

12/30/2014: P4 email received

12/31/2014: Case file shipped to the Embassy (In-Transit)

Embassy

01-05-2015: Case file arrived (Ready)
02-10-2015: Medical appointment in Madrid
02-12-2015: Interview in Madrid:
APPROVED! :dancing::dance:

02-13-2015: Visa issued

02-17-2015: Visa in hand

02-25-2015: POE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Enhorabuena! :dance:

¡Gracias!

I hope your case gets completed very soon

I-751 ROC
2016-08-31 I-751 form sent to USCIS
2016-09-02 NOA 1
2016-10-13 Biometrics appointment

N-400

2017-08-31 Filed N-400 online

2017-08-31 Receipt Notice

2017-09-18 Biometrics Appointment

Called NVC I could never get another answer beside the 60 days story. She said call at the end of the month. Soo easy to say! Any more cc? Scan date 9/24 for both package.

do not think about that I called Friday morning and they told me 60 days from last scan date which was 10.6.14 and that same day I got approved. They are trying to catch up due to the holidays to start clean. So call them every week lol I used to call almost everyday.

My IV 10.6.14 & AOS 9.3.14.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

do not think about that I called Friday morning and they told me 60 days from last scan date which was 10.6.14 and that same day I got approved. They are trying to catch up due to the holidays to start clean. So call them every week lol I used to call almost everyday.

My IV 10.6.14 & AOS 9.3.14.

Congrats on your cc!!! :)Nvc is reviewing packages together now so your Iv got review with your AOS on 9/3 they are taking any where from 50 to 60 days to review.. hopefully they pick up the paste before the holiday, Any one know if they be close for one or two days for Thanksgiving?

Timeline

Congrats on your cc!!! :)Nvc is reviewing packages together now so your Iv got review with your AOS on 9/3 they are taking any where from 50 to 60 days to review.. hopefully they pick up the paste before the holiday, Any one know if they be close for one or two days for Thanksgiving?

I think most of the offices are closed for 2 days... They should start review checklist within 30 days... :idea:

I think most of the offices are closed for 2 days... They should start review checklist within 30 days... :idea:

NVC follows federal holiday closures. This means they're only closed on the Thursday for Thanksgiving. Although I'm sure there will be a few workers missing on Friday due to taking vacation.

Since people seem to have a hard time looking up federal holidays, I'll start including what days NVC will be closed on in the first post, starting this month. So, for those too lazy to go to the first post (:P), there are two federal holidays this month: November 11th and 27th. So, unless they have some bad weather and close due to that, they'll be open all other business days.

Timeline

NVC follows federal holiday closures. This means they're only closed on the Thursday for Thanksgiving. Although I'm sure there will be a few workers missing on Friday due to taking vacation.

ya 99% :cry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.