Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2014

1,736 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Should I submit just my most recent tax return or my last 3 years of tax returns for AOS I-864? any advice is appreciated.

Edited by bk2014

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello fellow vjers,

It's my first time posting something on the monthly thread, and I do need help.

Our scan date for AOS checklist and IV is september 8th and 9th.

We called on this monday(Nov 10th) to see whether our case got completed or not, since it was past 60 days.

However they still hasn't reviewed ours, and the agent that my husband talk to was very kind and asked us to call back on the end of this wk that she will put someone to review ours soon, so we can hear something.

However I just called NVC today(Nov 12th)...

Sorry to hear that. Let us wait for reply of others here because i do not have idea re supervisor reviews.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello fellow vjers,

We called on this monday(Nov 10th) to see whether our case got completed or not, since it was past 60 days.

However they still hasn't reviewed ours, and the agent that my husband talk to was very kind and asked us to call back on the end of this wk that she will put someone to review ours soon, so we can hear something.

However I just called NVC today(Nov 12th) and got a shocking news. The agent i talked to was telling me that our case is waiting for supervisor review and it takes upto 42days of waiting!!! I'm crying and can't think it straight. I called my husband, and he doesn't think that it wouldn't possibly take that seriously long after we have waited patiently our 60 days torture. I requested to talk to a supervisor, but the agent told me that he is not available at the moment. I'm calling NVC again to talk to another agent hoping to hear something different. What should I do??? Does it seriously take another 42 days of waiting?? I can't do this any more. I'm devastated.

That doesn't sound right! Why does it need to be review by a supervisor? did the rep told you? that makes no sense 42 more days? I would say wait till tomorrow and call again..

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

Should I submit just my most recent tax return or my last 3 years of tax returns for AOS I-864? any advice is appreciated.

I submitted my last 3 tax returns with W2s and my last 12 months pay stubs. I also submitted a letter from my employer. My case was closed with no checklists.

Sorry to hear that. Let us wait for reply of others here because i do not have idea re supervisor reviews.

Thank you so much. You are so sweet. I called and talked to another NVC rep, but same answer upto 42 days of waiting...

I'm not sure what to do. I'm frantically crying and don't know what to do.

Hopefully we both will hear something good soon.

That doesn't sound right! Why does it need to be review by a supervisor? did the rep told you? that makes no sense 42 more days? I would say wait till tomorrow and call again..

Thank you so much for your sympathetic reply. I called another rep, and he said the same thing. Upto 42 days of waiting. The rep told me that they put it into supervisor review,since it's past 60days waiting and needs to be reviewed. Although he also mentioned that it usually takes less than that, but still refused to give me a specific time limit other than 42 days. I was crying at the end of the phone conversation and couldn't think it straight. Just can't believe that such a thing happend to us.... Feel so week and vulnarable and not sure whether I can handle this or not...

Edited by neeke816

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Thank you so much for your sympathetic reply. I called another rep, and he said the same thing. Upto 42 days of waiting. The rep told me that they put it into supervisor review,since it's past 60days waiting and needs to be reviewed. Although he also mentioned that it usually takes less than that, but still refused to give me a specific time limit other than 42 days. I was crying at the end of the phone conversation and couldn't think it straight. Just can't believe that such a thing happend to us.... Feel so week and vulnarable and not sure whether I can handle this or not...

hang in there, I'm sure you will hear something sooner than the 42 days :( I know how you feel I got the same way when I got my AOS checklist back on 9/30 after waiting 55 days for nvc to review and I cry for days not to mention telling my hubby that was the worse part... Hang in there and think positive it will get better and soon this nvc nightmare will be over.... I'm going on my 6th month at nvc...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

thats pathetic! ask to speak to a supervisor directly.

Its not your fault they didnt review it in 60 days like their emails states, you shouldnt have to wait another 42 days due to their laziness.

Really, i am at a loss of words as to how NVC reps can justify this? I would ask them: So you guys dont review it in 60 days, then you guys send for superviosr review and will take another 42 days? like how in the world does that make sense!!!

seriously, ask to speak to a supervisor, and have them answer the question about how is it your fault that they cant review it in 60 days and now because of their incompetence you are being penalized for another 42 days. If they did this to me, i would call them non stop until I got a CC within a couple of days.

Its absolutely ridiculous

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just got off the phone with nvc rep case complete nov12. Scan date for both package was sept18.

all scan dates on or before sept18 call now!

Thank you vj for the prayers and support!

thebigo,

i never computer for the cc because i'm too lazy to do it. But, i based mine on others' scan dates and computations. And guess what? It was within the range i gave myself as end of 1st week (just being optimistic) until whole 2nd week.

Thank you very much!

CONGRATS!!

USCIS

Date I-130 Sent : Dec-09-2013 | Date I-130 NOA1 : Dec-11-2013| Date I-130 NOA2 : June-16-2014 |Date Sent to NVC: June-19-2014|

Service Center: Texas Service Center (TSC)

Lawyer: Yes

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : June-30-2014 |Date Case # assigned : July-29 -2014 | Received AOS & IV Bill : July-29-2014 |

Paid AOS & IV Bill : Aug-02-2014 | AOS & IV Payment Cleared in bank: Aug- 05-2014 | DS-260 Available: Aug -05-2014 | Submit DS-260 : Aug-21-2014 |

Sent AOS & IV Package to lawyer: Sept -04-2014 | Lawyer sent AOS & IV Package to NVC: Sept - 16-2014 | AOS & IV Package Delivered to NVC : Sept -18-2014 |

Received email from NVC Confirming they received AOS & IV Packages: Sept -19- 2014 | AOS & IV Package Scan Date(s): Sept -18-2014 | 60 Days Deadline for AOS & IV Package: Nov -18-2014 | Scan Date for Police Certificates: Oct -7-2014 | 60 Days Deadline for Police Certificates: Dec -7-2014 |

Case Completed at NVC : Nov-18-2014 :dancing:

Interview & POE

Interview Date Provided by NVC: Dec -15-2014 | Interview Letter (P4) Received: Dec-16-2014 | Date Package Left From NVC : Dec -17-2014 |

Date Package Arrived at Cairo Embassy: Dec -21-2014 | Medical Appt: Dec-18-2014 | Received Medical Results: Dec -25-2014 |

Interview Date: JANUARY 11, 2015 at 7:30am | Interview Result:: APPROVED!!! :dancing: | CEAC Website changed to AP: Jan-12- 2015 |

CEAC Website changed to ISSUED: Jan-13-2015 | Date IR-1 / CR1 Visa Received: Jan-18-2015 | Date of US Entry : Jan 30-2015 |

ROC

-Sent I-751 Form: Oct-11-2016

-Arrived at USCIS (Per USPS Tracking): Oct-13-2016

-USCIS Returned I-751 Form & all documentation: Oct-17-2016 (Date of Letter: Oct-13-2016) Reason: Filed more than 90days before GC Expiration Date

Let's try again....

- Re-Sent I-751Form: Oct-31-2016

- Date Received at USCIS: Nov-01-2016

- NOA1 Received:

- Biometrics Appointment:

- Date Approved:

Hi everyone,

When I sent my affidavit I only sent my recent one in the form it tells u it optional. I already have my interview and they did not ask me for any more paper work

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Called NVC & spoke with Rep: Max and he told me they've received all my documents and are currently under review but they go by the last scan date. ? i guess i have to wait moorreee ?

IV & AOS: Sept 18th

Scan date for police check: oct 7th (we got police check for lebanon late)

Edited by Maria&Abdo

USCIS

Date I-130 Sent : Dec-09-2013 | Date I-130 NOA1 : Dec-11-2013| Date I-130 NOA2 : June-16-2014 |Date Sent to NVC: June-19-2014|

Service Center: Texas Service Center (TSC)

Lawyer: Yes

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : June-30-2014 |Date Case # assigned : July-29 -2014 | Received AOS & IV Bill : July-29-2014 |

Paid AOS & IV Bill : Aug-02-2014 | AOS & IV Payment Cleared in bank: Aug- 05-2014 | DS-260 Available: Aug -05-2014 | Submit DS-260 : Aug-21-2014 |

Sent AOS & IV Package to lawyer: Sept -04-2014 | Lawyer sent AOS & IV Package to NVC: Sept - 16-2014 | AOS & IV Package Delivered to NVC : Sept -18-2014 |

Received email from NVC Confirming they received AOS & IV Packages: Sept -19- 2014 | AOS & IV Package Scan Date(s): Sept -18-2014 | 60 Days Deadline for AOS & IV Package: Nov -18-2014 | Scan Date for Police Certificates: Oct -7-2014 | 60 Days Deadline for Police Certificates: Dec -7-2014 |

Case Completed at NVC : Nov-18-2014 :dancing:

Interview & POE

Interview Date Provided by NVC: Dec -15-2014 | Interview Letter (P4) Received: Dec-16-2014 | Date Package Left From NVC : Dec -17-2014 |

Date Package Arrived at Cairo Embassy: Dec -21-2014 | Medical Appt: Dec-18-2014 | Received Medical Results: Dec -25-2014 |

Interview Date: JANUARY 11, 2015 at 7:30am | Interview Result:: APPROVED!!! :dancing: | CEAC Website changed to AP: Jan-12- 2015 |

CEAC Website changed to ISSUED: Jan-13-2015 | Date IR-1 / CR1 Visa Received: Jan-18-2015 | Date of US Entry : Jan 30-2015 |

ROC

-Sent I-751 Form: Oct-11-2016

-Arrived at USCIS (Per USPS Tracking): Oct-13-2016

-USCIS Returned I-751 Form & all documentation: Oct-17-2016 (Date of Letter: Oct-13-2016) Reason: Filed more than 90days before GC Expiration Date

Let's try again....

- Re-Sent I-751Form: Oct-31-2016

- Date Received at USCIS: Nov-01-2016

- NOA1 Received:

- Biometrics Appointment:

- Date Approved:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

Hello fellow vjers,

However I just called NVC today(Nov 12th) and got a shocking news. The agent i talked to was telling me that our case is waiting for supervisor review and it takes upto 42days of waiting!!! I'm crying and can't think it straight. I called my husband, and he doesn't think that it wouldn't possibly take that seriously long after we have waited patiently our 60 days torture. I requested to talk to a supervisor, but the agent told me that he is not available at the moment. I'm calling NVC again to talk to another agent hoping to hear something different. What should I do??? Does it seriously take another 42 days of waiting?? I can't do this any more. I'm devastat

After 57 days of waiting for a case complete, we got a checklist instead, and we too were devastated. I called the NVC and after speaking with a CSR our case was forwarded for supervisor review. The 1st CSR told me they did not know how long it would take. I called back the next day & was told by another CSR it could take up to 30 days for a supervisor review. After 9 days I got a voicemail from NVC, when I called them back it was not good news. After speaking with another CSR & another supervisor, my case ended up being forwarded again for another supervisor’s review. This time I got a call back in 2 days with a case complete. After waiting 57 days & getting a checklist, then being told it could take another 30 days for a supervisor’s review, we also felt we could not do this anymore. This process is draining but you can do this. You just hold on, your day will come.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow vjers,

However I just called NVC today(Nov 12th) and got a shocking news. The agent i talked to was telling me that our case is waiting for supervisor review and it takes upto 42days of waiting!!! I'm crying and can't think it straight. I called my husband, and he doesn't think that it wouldn't possibly take that seriously long after we have waited patiently our 60 days torture. I requested to talk to a supervisor, but the agent told me that he is not available at the moment. I'm calling NVC again to talk to another agent hoping to hear something different. What should I do??? Does it seriously take another 42 days of waiting?? I can't do this any more. I'm devastated.

Take a breath....

Ok, I would guess that they have put in for a supervisor's review as your case was obviously overlooked. They will not tell you anything different than the '42 day' thing now, not even a supervisor will say anything different until they locate and review your files. But you can bet your booty they are reviewing it. I would even hazard a guess that it will be a priority. Give them 3 to 5 working days then call back to follow up and see if they have made progress. It won't take 42 days (I will wager on it). This doesn't mean you won't get a checklist either, but I am sure they are moving you to the head of the queue. It took them 2 days just to find my DS260 which is filed in their system!! There are 10s of thousands of files to sift through.

Of course this doesn't make it less aweful that it happened to you. Try to remain polite as they may be more inclined to go the extra distance for you.

Keep us posted.

Trust, but verify!

I130 Sent: 2014 03 10

I130 NOA1: 2014 03 14

I130 Approved: 2014 08 19

NVC Received: 2014 09 11

Case # Assigned: 2014 09 18 (operator tells hubby to call back in 4 weeks for IIN... called back next day)

IIN # Assigned: 2014 09 19

DS261 completed: 2014 09 19

AOS Billed & Paid: 2014 09 22 (shows as 'paid' 09/23)

expedite approved: 2014 10 03

IV invoiced & paid: 2014 10 03

IV and AOS docs

(submitted electronically): 2014 10 03

DS260 submitted: 2014 10 06

Case Complete: 2014 10 31 (following a supervisor's review ... took 2 days to locate lost DS260)

interview scheduled: 2014 11 18

Approved: 2014 11 18

Passport arrived/POE Sarnua: 2014 12 01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.