Tee and Megan

Babysitting: Violation of not working till filing the EAD? URGENT, please advise??

9 posts in this topic

My fiance and I will be filing for AOS soon, but he is a very industrious person and would like to get to know the community in which we live.

Several of our close family friends are looking for a very part time babysitter. It would DEFINITELY not be enough to file taxes or anything like that, but it could be around $50 a week.

Could he take this position? Would this be a violation of not working before his EAD is filed? I just wanted to get him out of the house, have a chance to play with some wonderful kids (he really misses our young nieces and nephews), and make a little money as a result.

What do you all think?

All that we are and all that will be we dedicate to the One who brought us together

Timeline:

K-1 Journey:

Petition sent: 03/27/2014

Interview date!!! 10/06/2014

AOS:

Packet received at Chicago Lockbox: 2/2/2015

EAD approved! 2/26/2015

AP approved! 2/26/2015

Green card received!! 09/24/2015

ROC: 

I-751 sent off to CSC: 7/25/2017

NOA1: 7/27/2017

Filed Inquiry into Biometrics status: 9/18/2017

10 Year Green Card Approved!!! 10/22/2018

Next Stop, Citizenship! 

My fiance and I will be filing for AOS soon, but he is a very industrious person and would like to get to know the community in which we live.

Several of our close family friends are looking for a very part time babysitter. It would DEFINITELY not be enough to file taxes or anything like that, but it could be around $50 a week.

Could he take this position? Would this be a violation of not working before his EAD is filed? I just wanted to get him out of the house, have a chance to play with some wonderful kids (he really misses our young nieces and nephews), and make a little money as a result.

What do you all think?

Babysitting and get paid for it is considered as working. He needs to wait at least his EAD in hands. I had received many job offers before but I refused since it is illegal to work without an authorization.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Bad idea to work without the EAD in his possesion. Even when you do submit the AOS, he has to have the doc in his hands. Babysitting is self employment, which is still considered work in the same way as if you work for an employer.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Though babysitting seams so innocent and helps out someone working and you or someone else charges less and the extra income helps. The bad is:

You get caught. The child gets hurt and or lost and requires assistance which involves city, county help. CAN YOU SEE WHAT CAN HAPPEN HERE.

If a Daycare for profit learned you taken away business from them, would they turn you in...? Of Course they would.

Not worth it is it. Do what my wife did: She just sells my stuff. :dancing:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

As everyone else has said, working is working and this would be a terrible idea.

Also note that babysitting is a form of self-employed income, and the minimum yearly amount that requires you to file taxes is $400. It's not the same as regular employees working at a company, for example.

Thanks everyone!

It was just a thought. I am worried he'll get bored or feel lonely while I am at work all day. Wasn't trying to break or bend the law in any way, of course.

All that we are and all that will be we dedicate to the One who brought us together

Timeline:

K-1 Journey:

Petition sent: 03/27/2014

Interview date!!! 10/06/2014

AOS:

Packet received at Chicago Lockbox: 2/2/2015

EAD approved! 2/26/2015

AP approved! 2/26/2015

Green card received!! 09/24/2015

ROC: 

I-751 sent off to CSC: 7/25/2017

NOA1: 7/27/2017

Filed Inquiry into Biometrics status: 9/18/2017

10 Year Green Card Approved!!! 10/22/2018

Next Stop, Citizenship! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

got any land? make a garden!

handy with tools? get reclaimed wood and lumber on heavy trash day in your area, build stuff.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two posts advocating illegal activity have been removed, along with quotes of them. Administrative action has been taken against two members' accounts, for this violation of the VJ Terms of Service:

"Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method."

One post is returned to the thread without the quoted material, as follows:

Eeek!! Sorry guys!! I didn't mean to imply we were thinking of doing something illegal, or that we were trying to sneak around the law! We're just new to this experience and needed advice. Honestly, sometimes it is just so overwhelming, I don't realize how silly something sounds till you all help me think it through in a variety of different ways. My apologies to everyone! I didn't mean to cause any problems.

Thanks to all who responded and discussed my foolish question. :)

OP, it's fine; you meant no harm, and the process can indeed be overwhelming. Your question wasn't foolish. You've received the correct information, and Darnell has given you some good ideas above.

Because you're satisfied with the input, let's go ahead and close this thread.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.