pimp by 14

deported with a lifetime ban on reentry

41 posts in this topic

Because the purpose of this forum is to offer immigration help and answer legitimate questions, not to pass judgment.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Timeline

I will not waste any more money after him.

Better you send that $ to him in india where you get $1 to 60Rs. There are way more opportunity in India now then before.

But if he not responsible person to use that Rs wisely I will just ignore him.

Tell his wife to take divorce and move forward with her life or move to India. I know these are tough but I do not see any chance him coming back.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There seems so many cases of mis trials. Seems to get justice you need a big bank balance. So to assume he is say a big dealer in crack may be jumping to conclusions.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Albania
Timeline

I wouldn't be too quick to judge this "drug trafficker". That is defined by the INA and does not necessarily mean that he is a drug dealer. That aside, there are no waivers available. You could take another run at vacating the charge. He does not need an immigrant waiver for a non immigrant visa ie. a visitor's visa. I have seen many people return on these for visits. He shuld get his life squared away in a way that is demonstrable to the US Consul and he might be able to get one after a couple of years.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge this "drug trafficker". That is defined by the INA and does not necessarily mean that he is a drug dealer. That aside, there are no waivers available. You could take another run at vacating the charge. He does not need an immigrant waiver for a non immigrant visa ie. a visitor's visa. I have seen many people return on these for visits. He shuld get his life squared away in a way that is demonstrable to the US Consul and he might be able to get one after a couple of years.

You are right that there are no waivers for a felony criminal conviction for a controlled substance. According to the INA, he is completely inadmissible to the US...this is under an immigrant OR non-immigrant visa. The ONLY way he would be able to come back to the US is if the conviction was overturned and all charges dropped. Not sure what you mean by the latter part of your post, as the only thing to "get squared away" in his life would be to get the conviction off his record. Leading a good honest life, keeping good morals, setting a good example, etc. are nice things to do, but that won't get you a visa to come back to the US. Currently at this point there is no "he might be able to get one after a couple of years", its likely he won't ever get one for his lifetime.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Hi everyone, my brother was deported back in Jan. 2014. He was convicted of a aggravated felony for drug trafficking. he was detained by ICE for about 10 mnts and i had tried to vacate the case, (with no success) . my question now is, is there any way i can bring him back to the states? he is married and his wife is a USC with 2 USC kids. He was LPR since 1994. He applied for his citizenship back in 1999 and 2005 but failed the exam both times. When he as detained i hired a lawyer and wasted nearly $25K but at the end he was deported. SO what are his next options. Please guys if anyone out there knows anything about this please let me know thank you

So there is justice after all? With all due respect I am sure many Americans are happy that he has been deported. To be convicted of such a serious crime there should be deportation. Might I suggest he is fortunate that he was only detained for 10 months? Had he been a US citizen he might have been imprisoned for 20+ years at the expense of the US government.(That's you and me) Perhaps his wife and family will be better off and safer with this drug dealing criminal out of the country. It's too bad but I have ZERO sympathy for drugs dealers. I have witnessed first hand how these scumbags have destroyed family after family. This deportation will undoubtedly save many families from the evils of drugs. Of course, I'm sure as with 90% of the criminals accused of drug dealing he is innocent.

Good luck to your family. And I will pray for hiswife and children that they live happy and safe lives.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

D3 for a non immigrant visa can waive just about anything.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I am curious if the brother failed to get citizenship by actually failing the exam/interview or failing the background check.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

D3 for a non immigrant visa can waive just about anything.

I stand corrected. In the case of a non-immigrant visa a waiver can be applied for even if the inadmissibility is based on a criminal conviction based on INA 212(d).

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Regardless of his criminal history; people have been wrongly convicted in the past, and with how "hungry" our legal system is to put drug-related criminal behind bars, I always raise an eyebrow at a quick conviction. This will require a large investment of both time and money. Your sister-in-law and her children would likely be better off moving to India where he is than to wait for a waiver. Even if you're successful I don't expect it to last less than half a decade. You would have to prove your brother's innocence, expunge or seal his record, provide documents proving that his record was expunged or sealed, then apply for the waiver and the visa for him to return to the US, which would be a CR1/IR1. All of which is a process taking several years each.

Lawyer fees would likely be another 50k, 70k if you get a really good one... and you still have your sister-in-law and her children without him.

If you're determined in pursuing this, I'd advise her and the children to move to India to be with him, while you process the criminal aspect so she's not alone, and for her to return to the US once you're ready to file for a waiver, if she even wants to.

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

That is exactly the problem, people are too quick to judge. I agree with Boiler, we don't know the particular circumstances in this case. I saw something like this in the news not too long ago. They are coming up with the tiniest excuses now a days to deport LPR's, even something as stupid as getting on the citizen line at the airport. Our justice system is not only broken, but corrupted, and it's always the minorities that pay the price.

A lot of people like to talk smack and what they don't realize is that karma is a b!tch. I may not be a religious person anymore, but "Don't judge, lest ye be judged," and "let he who is free from sin, cast the first stone" are two examples that I still firmly believe in. I first hand know that those that like to judge others always pay the price of their transgressions.

That said convicted for "drug trafficking" in and of itself might have been simply him getting caught with a certain amount marijuana or something. Many states have these ridiculous possession laws that the tiniest amounts could get you a drug trafficking charge, but I'm not going to get into that.

I also don't want anyone to get me started on these are illegal "drugs" argument and the whole "war on drugs" BS. What about legal drugs like alcohol, I'm sure everyone on here drinks, but hey since it's legal no one can judge you or deport you if you own a liquor store, OH THE IRONY!

Did you know that alcohol is responsible for more deaths and crimes than other drugs combined? Probably not. Yet if he would have owned a liquor store and sold alcohol to a minor, he would have only faced a simple misdemeanor, may be even a fine. Understanding the irony here? I hope so.

I'm not trying to justify anyone's actions, but I cannot and neither should anyone else judge a person they don't even know, and more so, the untold circumstances surrounding his case. People are too quick to judge, humiliate, denigrate, and a whole bunch of other words, and that is exactly what is wrong with this world today.

He may pay for his actions by never being able to see the US again or what have you, but I think I know who is going to pay more. I will say this again and mark my words, that karma is a b!tch and no one here is free from any guilt, everybody lies, and everybody's got a skeleton or two in their closets. On that note, rant over, and good day!

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Other Country: Albania
Timeline

You are right that there are no waivers for a felony criminal conviction for a controlled substance. According to the INA, he is completely inadmissible to the US...this is under an immigrant OR non-immigrant visa. The ONLY way he would be able to come back to the US is if the conviction was overturned and all charges dropped. Not sure what you mean by the latter part of your post, as the only thing to "get squared away" in his life would be to get the conviction off his record. Leading a good honest life, keeping good morals, setting a good example, etc. are nice things to do, but that won't get you a visa to come back to the US. Currently at this point there is no "he might be able to get one after a couple of years", its likely he won't ever get one for his lifetime.

The US consul has the authority to give a visitors visa without a formal waiver. It is an unreviewable act of discretion. That is why he must make himself known to the consul and establish that he is a changed man. Don't have time t look up the cite but I have seen many of them granted over the years. As to immigrant visas, you are correct, he will never get one without a vacatur of the sentence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.