Bree N Mike

Relationship ended - How to cancel I-129F - Im the beneficiary

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

Sadly my relationship has ended as i decided i didn't want to move to the USA and leave everything behind.

It hasn't ended well, we are not on speaking terms.

I am wondering how i can (the beneficiary) cancel the I-129F, we have not been approved yet?

Thank you for helping me during this sad time

Why would you cancel it? I am just curious because lately I have seen a ton of "relationship" ended or "divorce" posts. Is there any advice you can give us or what made you not want to live with your spouse? Good luck with everything.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Why would you cancel it? I am just curious because lately I have seen a ton of "relationship" ended or "divorce" posts. Is there any advice you can give us or what made you not want to live with your spouse? Good luck with everything.

I think not speaking to someone whom you were going to marry is a very good reason to cancel the petition.

Also the other question is personal and may be best left to a PM if they choose to answer it.

OP:

You can still travel. The NOA2 has a 4 month expiration.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. As a beneficiary you can't officially cancel the process since the I-129F is handed by the petitioner.

The best you can do is not respond to any requests from USCIS or the embassy if it gets that far. You can respond to them if you'd like with a letter stating that you no longer have a relationship with your fiance and do not wish to continue with the K-1 process. If you do meet someone in the future and they need to file for you, they will have to disclose that another person petitioned for you in the past. Other than that there isn't much you can do. Eventually the application should run it's course and your ex will receive the denial notice.

Hopefully things will change and you two can talk it out. Moving to the USA doesn't mean it's permanent forever. You can always move back to Australia with your then-husband or wife once you receive your permanent green card or citizenship. There's some stipulations depending on how long you can be out of the country with the green card, but the separation from your country might only be short-term.

Good luck

Hello,

I got the similar situation. I was the beneficiary of K1 visa petition. But we broke up during the waiting time for Packet 2, we did not reply RFE. In this June USCIS denied the petition.

My question is does this mean our K1 visa case came to an end? I am free in their computer system? I need to apply for a business visa to the U.S. this December. Will it affect my B1 visa application?

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you do not care, just "let it go".,,..as it will just fade away.,..,,sounds to ME that there is some ""attitude"" on the OP's part wanting to cancel the 129-F.,.,.,probably a nasty break-up..,...,and well ""I will show you""..,..., and thus..,., 129-F's are hard to get, please re-think, what you are trying to do..,..,YOU MIGHT change your mind.,..,,then where would you be?

Think long and hard before acting.,,.,,..or just let it play out.,,.,.then it will go away away on its own!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you do not care, just "let it go".,,..as it will just fade away.,..,,sounds to ME that there is some ""attitude"" on the OP's part wanting to cancel the 129-F.,.,.,probably a nasty break-up..,...,and well ""I will show you""..,..., and thus..,., 129-F's are hard to get, please re-think, what you are trying to do..,..,YOU MIGHT change your mind.,..,,then where would you be?

Think long and hard before acting.,,.,,..or just let it play out.,,.,.then it will go away away on its own!

What do you mean attitude on the OP's part?.you just cant give an advise without the jabs can you?.its sounds like you're the one with "attitude" on here... He/she was just "KINDLY" asking for advise...If she/he wants to cancel the petition thats on him/her...that does not mean She/he's got an attitude...no need for your "nasty breakup" comment either.

USCIS BE LIKE.......WE ARE WORKING AS FAST AS WE CAN GUYS!

snail_mail.jpg

28 Sep 2014 -- Mailed I-129F

01 Oct 2014 -- I-129F Delivered to USCIS

06 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Received via Text/Email

14 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Hard Copy Received

23 Oct 2014 -- Petition Approved as per USCIS website

30 Oct 2014 -- NOA2 Hard Copy Received

07 Nov 2014 -- NVC Received Petition

10 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case Number Assigned

17 Nov 2014 -- Status Update "Ready for Interview" as per CEAC website

20 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case# Notice Received

22 Nov 2014 -- Medical

16 Dec 2014 -- Interview

18 Dec 2014 -- 221(g) Received via email

22 Dec 2014 -- RFE Instructions received via email

05 Feb 2015 -- RFE Requirements submitted

15 Apr 2015 -- Visa Issued as per CEAC Website

17 Apr 2015 -- Received Embassy Email, Visa on the way!!!!

20 Apr 2015 -- Visa OnHand :)

27 Apr 2015 -- CFO Appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What do you mean attitude on the OP's part?.you just cant give an advise without the jabs can you?.its sounds like you're the one with "attitude" on here... He/she was just "KINDLY" asking for advise...If she/he wants to cancel the petition thats on him/her...that does not mean She/he's got an attitude...no need for your "nasty breakup" comment either.

I note level of acerbity changes when one replaces beneficiary with petitioner, in raven52's advice,

so I'll ask you directly -

why you write like this? no need to fight - OP is the beneficiary, is p|ssed off at the petitioner and will not marry him. Since the OP is Australian and participates in the VWP, she wants to be certain not to have problems travelling in the future because of this person's inability to withdraw a I-129F petition with USCIS.

See, if's she's mad and he's mad - all sorts of silliness can ensue, to 'have fun'.. I'll never understand why SO MANY PEOPLE in this thread gave wrong advice, and shared their 'feelings'....

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You imply a lot without offering the OP any of the information that they asked for.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Timeline

n00bs...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I

I think the Beneficiary can cancel it also.

I canceled a K1 last year after NOA2, and when I got a letter back from the Embassy in Manila it was a form letter and it said Visa was withdrawn by Petitioner and or Beneficiary, and they had circled the Petitioner with a pen. I was Petitioner

For the OP

I would send a letter to USCIS, DOS, NVC and US embassy in your country and wait for feedback, it took me about 3 months to get withdrawl letter.

That cancellation was after USCIS approved the petition, thus it was cancelled at the embassy - and at the embassy phase either can cancel ... different from what the OP is asking

Hello,

Sadly my relationship has ended as i decided i didn't want to move to the USA and leave everything behind.

It hasn't ended well, we are not on speaking terms.

I am wondering how i can (the beneficiary) cancel the I-129F, we have not been approved yet?

Thank you for helping me during this sad time

Can't do much at the USCIS stage of the process, but once it reaches the embassy it is very easy for you to notify the embassy you are cancelling the visa application.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have not ever cancelled a K1, the only one I had filed, is for my now-husband, however I am very familiar with the US Government and how the offices are run, as prior military.

But my advice, for what it is worth, is this:

1. Give it some time, let things cool down and try and talk things through with the petitioner. Make sure you both do not want to go through with this process. This is a big decision to make, and I think you both need a very open, heart-to-heart.
  2. If you're still solid in your decision to not move to the US, write a letter to USCIS informing them that the relationship has ended and you do not wish to pursue the K1 visa any further, keep a copy for yourself. They will not cancel the petition but it will be added to your file. Be sure to include your Case # on the letter, and mail it with a return receipt requested - keep the receipt.
  3. If your petition is approved and passed along to the embassy, you can cancel it at that point. I would contact the embassy if your petition has made it to this point, and inquire as to how to go about cancelling the application.

Having the letter informing them that you no longer wish to pursue the K1 Visa in your file may help you in the future if you wish to visit, or pursue another visa of any kind for the US. There isn't much you can do at this stage other than make sure there is a solid paperwork trail. And the US Government is particular* (evidently a n a l, is not allowed) about paperwork trails, so make sure you have all the evidence you may need on hand in case this rears its ugly head again in the future (such as that return receipt and a copy of the original letter you mailed). Any mailings you make to the USCIS or embassy, you should be sure to have it certified with a return receipt if at all possible. You want verification that the mail was, indeed, delivered.

Good luck, and I hope everything works out how it was meant to be for you.

Edited by d3adc0d3

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Why do i have an attitude?

I have decided to end my visa journey for the following reasons…. Fiance is SUPER controlling… Demands to see my bank statements to track my spending, Tells me when i move to the USA i have to make a good effort to fit in to his life and he doesn't want to hear me complaining, numerous times i have had to wire him across money, refuses to make a trip to australia because its "to expensive" so i have to take the trips to the USA and cover the expenses. Tells me it would be "pointless" for me to finish my studies…. and the list goes on!

so there is is… the juicy details!

THANK YOU to everyone who took time to give me PROPER answers, much appreciated

I have decided to end my visa journey for the following reasons…. Fiance is SUPER controlling… Demands to see my bank statements to track my spending, Tells me when i move to the USA i have to make a good effort to fit in to his life and he doesn't want to hear me complaining, numerous times i have had to wire him across money, refuses to make a trip to australia because its "to expensive" so i have to take the trips to the USA and cover the expenses. Tells me it would be "pointless" for me to finish my studies…. and the list goes on!

So horrible. Good for you to leave him!

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Smart woman getting out before it got too far. Good for you. Good luck in your future endeavors too.

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Timeline

I have not ever cancelled a K1, the only one I had filed, is for my now-husband, however I am very familiar with the US Government and how the offices are run, as prior military.

But my advice, for what it is worth, is this:

1. Give it some time, let things cool down and try and talk things through with the petitioner. Make sure you both do not want to go through with this process. This is a big decision to make, and I think you both need a very open, heart-to-heart.
  2. If you're still solid in your decision to not move to the US, write a letter to USCIS informing them that the relationship has ended and you do not wish to pursue the K1 visa any further, keep a copy for yourself. They will not cancel the petition but it will be added to your file. Be sure to include your Case # on the letter, and mail it with a return receipt requested - keep the receipt.
  3. If your petition is approved and passed along to the embassy, you can cancel it at that point. I would contact the embassy if your petition has made it to this point, and inquire as to how to go about cancelling the application.

Having the letter informing them that you no longer wish to pursue the K1 Visa in your file may help you in the future if you wish to visit, or pursue another visa of any kind for the US. There isn't much you can do at this stage other than make sure there is a solid paperwork trail. And the US Government is particular* (evidently a n a l, is not allowed) about paperwork trails, so make sure you have all the evidence you may need on hand in case this rears its ugly head again in the future (such as that return receipt and a copy of the original letter you mailed). Any mailings you make to the USCIS or embassy, you should be sure to have it certified with a return receipt if at all possible. You want verification that the mail was, indeed, delivered.

Good luck, and I hope everything works out how it was meant to be for you.

I also forgot to add, I'd recommend that you have the letter notarized, as it will hold more weight to them knowing that you most definitely did send it, and it wasn't sent by someone else pretending to be you. :)

Useful Links:

Timeline

since the beneficiary has no input into USCIS during the I-129F petition adjudication stage, why are you suggesting this stuff?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.