cheesecake_A+J

K1 September 2014 Filers (TSC)

3,309 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Know your rights and then state your case and demand the service you expect. Many employees, regardless of where they work, are not familiar with the rights of the customer/consumer. When you are the end user, paying for a service and abiding by your end of the agreement, you have strong ground from which to fight for your cause.

Someone posted a link to this in the last week or so. It was not me and I point this out because I cannot take the credit for sourcing the information. Take 5 minutes and read it before you call next time.

http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter6.html

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Know your rights and then state your case and demand the service you expect. Many employees, regardless of where they work, are not familiar with the rights of the customer/consumer. When you are the end user, paying for a service and abiding by your end of the agreement, you have strong ground from which to fight for your cause.

Someone posted a link to this in the last week or so. It was not me and I point this out because I cannot take the credit for sourcing the information. Take 5 minutes and read it before you call next time.

http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter6.html

That was me Lee.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You guys told your work? How long before would you have to put in your notice?

I never even applied for mine until after I was back in my country and realized how seriously long this might take. My job is all thats keeping me sane and healthy right now.

I am not planning on quitting until I have my visa in hand. Noone outside my family and closest friends knows I am even engaged, or that my partner is in a different country. It makes me feel like lying, but they are not allowed to ask and I have no obligation to tell them.

I have seen people talk about this issue before so I was wondering.

Hopefully it will turn out alright for you guys! Also, I hope none of us are stuck at TSC much longer... fingers crossed!

Right with you, if I didn't had work I would seriously lose it!

I told my work back in February because I thought we were going to get our approval in March.. rookie mistake.

I did my waiting! 9 months of it.. IN TSC!

NOA2 or the story of the Holy Graal.

Timeline

That was me Lee.

Yes, it was! I was looking for the post but couldn't remember where I'd seen it. Thank you for that :)

Lee & William

8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

Right with you, if I didn't had work I would seriously lose it!

I told my work back in February because I thought we were going to get our approval in March.. rookie mistake.

Hey, don't knock yourself. We saw the week before us getting approved in January and I gave notice on my house for early March, thinking I could sleep on the floor in my parents' living room for a few weeks until the interview. Well ..... I'm still sleeping on the floor over 2 months later. Not such a rookie mistake. Just the victim of a disorganized and unfair system.

There is nothing wrong with you. You are not coping badly. You've survived 8 months of this and you're still here.

So what if you need to vent? Considering what you and everyone else waiting this long have endured, I think I'd be afraid of you if you weren't crumbling just a little. This is the place to share your frustration because let's face it, nobody in your everyday life has a clue. The people here do get it. And it's allowed.

You aren't upset over nothing. This is not nothing. This is your life and your future. This is your everything and nobody will tell you anything about your own case. This is about you and the person you love.

You are not negative.

You've earned your right to be upset.

Be kind to yourself. You've had a rough ride and you wouldn't be as harsh on anyone else as you are on yourself. That's all I'm saying. Be nice to yourself. You deserve it (F)

Lee & William

I found this, not sure how helpful it is because its a bit out dated but it an instruction manual for Congress on how to handle service requests from constituents and it provides contact information for the USCIS and clearly states that it is most likely a waste of time to contact them.

http://www.congressfoundation.org/storage/documents/Misc/2005constituentservicesmanual.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You guys told your work? How long before would you have to put in your notice?

I never even applied for mine until after I was back in my country and realized how seriously long this might take. My job is all thats keeping me sane and healthy right now.

I am not planning on quitting until I have my visa in hand. Noone outside my family and closest friends knows I am even engaged, or that my partner is in a different country. It makes me feel like lying, but they are not allowed to ask and I have no obligation to tell them.

I have seen people talk about this issue before so I was wondering.

Hopefully it will turn out alright for you guys! Also, I hope none of us are stuck at TSC much longer... fingers crossed!

Edit: I just saw your post Mewbear! I also work with kids so I would def prefer to leave before the new school year starts so I dont run off on them after a few weeks. I totally get how you feel, I am sure a lot of us do.

My job knew, as soon as I got engaged in July, that I'd be going through the process. I wasn't going to lie to them. I figured if I was honest, and assured them that they'd receive plenty of notice, things would be okay. So, I am assuming that my boss just wants to follow up. And hey, rightfully so.

Unfortunately work creates more frustration and insanity for me. It's a toxic environment, so I am looking forward to putting in my notice. Most people in my position would probably just up and quit, but I'm not wired that way. I guess that is both good and bad. haha. Blah.

I'm glad you and Mewbear have a good working environment to keep you going.

[ Spring 2005 ] Met online, in-game (WoW)

[ February 2012 ] Finally admitted our true feelings after years of staying hush hush!

[ March 22, 2012 ] Made things official!

[ April 13, 2012 ] Met for the first time in real life and fell in love!

[ July 8, 2014 ] Got engaged!

[ September 10, 2014 ] Filled out paper work

[ September 19, 2014 ] Receipt Date

[ September 23, 2014 ] NOA1

And after 246 hellish days (8+ months) of being trapped in TSC purgatory....

[ May 27, 2015 ] NOA2 :)

[ September 16, 2015 ] Interview at the US Consulate in Montreal!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey, don't knock yourself. We saw the week before us getting approved in January and I gave notice on my house for early March, thinking I could sleep on the floor in my parents' living room for a few weeks until the interview. Well ..... I'm still sleeping on the floor over 2 months later. Not such a rookie mistake. Just the victim of a disorganized and unfair system.

There is nothing wrong with you. You are not coping badly. You've survived 8 months of this and you're still here.

So what if you need to vent? Considering what you and everyone else waiting this long have endured, I think I'd be afraid of you if you weren't crumbling just a little. This is the place to share your frustration because let's face it, nobody in your everyday life has a clue. The people here do get it. And it's allowed.

You aren't upset over nothing. This is not nothing. This is your life and your future. This is your everything and nobody will tell you anything about your own case. This is about you and the person you love.

You are not negative.

You've earned your right to be upset.

Be kind to yourself. You've had a rough ride and you wouldn't be as harsh on anyone else as you are on yourself. That's all I'm saying. Be nice to yourself. You deserve it (F)

You have a beautiful soul :) thank you for your words, considering we don't know each other, they had a lot of impact!

I hope your sleeping situation will soon change too, I know it can weight a lot on your mind. I'm so grateful for this forum, it has been a life savior :)

You be good darling, we'll kick this process in the butt! <3

I did my waiting! 9 months of it.. IN TSC!

NOA2 or the story of the Holy Graal.

Filed: Timeline

I know some of you have received NOA2, but for those who haven't: A light at the end of the horrible TSC tunnel perhaps? I've started tracking all TSC 129F petitions electronically and updating them in real-time to provide a more comprehensive and accurate picture of TSC processing times: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/548621-finally-real-time-data-on-tsc-129f-receipt-numbers-src/. Please let me know if you want to get the updates.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ethline was referring to his actual Visa - interview was today :)

Hopefully you will still hear something this evening when USCIS approvals go out later today :)

I got my email at 5.30 am and that's 6 or more ahead of California time ..so idk they approve later as well ( yes I know it's TSC thread here but I just wanted to tell everyone who's not approved they might also approve before midnight)

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Wbeem and Yuna beat you to it. This is Yuna's design lol

LOVE it! Where can we get one?

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Timeline

LOVE it! Where can we get one?

Just wait 'til I get my EAD :D

Lee & William

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.