Lindsey and Bryan

Received a 2nd Checklist exactly the same as the 1st! Help :(

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

All of my paperwork is all done and complete including IV packet everything EXCEPT my AOS packet. I received a 1st checklist for my AOS packet with only one error (I posted checklist below). I responded to the checklist and fixed the one error. Waited 60 days and now I received a 2nd AOS checklist but it's the exact same one as the first one I already responded to! I dont know what else they want me to do. I'm so confused and frustrated. My AOS packet is the only thing I need approved for us to get out interview date :(

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Could it be a false checklist?

XXX Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, & Financial Evidence Checklist)

Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing instructions.

I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist

[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review, we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864 form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.

[x]

In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

[x]

In Part 8, Sponsor's Contract, please correct the following...

[x]

The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you resubmit the form.

[x]

You must submit the following financial evidence:

[x]

NVC Special Instructions

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Do you have a joint sponsor or something for your case? Did you check the name on the 1st and 2nd checklist? If it's the same name then this is just ridiculous!!!

The only option you have is to call and speak to a supervisor and ask what this is all about!!!

USCIS
2013/04/27 : Mailed I-130 petition to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox, Arizona.
2013/04/30 : I-130 PETITION PRIORITY DATE (NOA1).
2013/05/02 : Received (NOA1) hardcopy by mail from National Benefits Center (NBC).
2013/12/04 : I-130 petition transferred from National Benefits Center (NBC) to Nebraska Service Center (NSC).
2014/02/12 : I-130 PETITION APPROVED (NOA2) at Nebraska Service Center (NSC).
2014/02/13 : Approved I-130 petition shipped from Nebraska Service Center (NSC) to National Visa Center (NVC).
2014/02/18 : Received (NOA2) hardcopy by mail from Nebraska Service Center (NSC).
NATIONAL VISA CENTER (NVC)
2014/02/25 : National Visa Center (NVC) received approved I130 petition from Nebraska Service Center (NSC).
2014/03/31 : Case Number, IIN & BIN generated.
2014/04/01 : DS-261 available. Completed & submitted online.
2014/04/01 : AOS fee bill invoiced & paid online.

2014/04/04 : AOS fee payment status appears as PAID.

2014/04/08 : IV fee bill invoiced & paid online.

2014/04/11 : IV fee payment status appears as PAID.

2014/04/12 : DS-260 available. Completed & submitted online.

2014/06/24 : IV packet delivered at National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/07/01 : IV packet scanned into system.

2014/07/28 : AOS packet delivered at National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/07/30 : AOS packet scanned into system.

2014/08/13 : IV packet reviewed & accepted by National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/09/23 : AOS checklist email received from National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/09/24 : AOS checklist correction mailed to National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/09/29 : AOS checklist correction scanned into system at National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/11/17 : CASE COMPLETED at National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/12/03 : Interview scheduled by National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/12/09 : Received interview letter (P4) email from National Visa Center (NVC).

2014/12/19 : Case shipped from National Visa Center (NVC) to US consulate Mumbai. CEAC status says 'In Transit'.

INTERVIEW & POE

2014/12/15 : Medicals completed.

2014/12/22 : Case received at US consulate Mumbai. CEAC status says 'Ready'.

2015/01/05 : Biometrics appointment scheduled.

2015/01/20 : INTERVIEW at US consulate Mumbai.

I don't understand, were all of these boxes checked? If they are, it looks like there is either missing or incorrect info on each of these parts. Could you elaborate as to how you filled out your form?

Edited by Ian H.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Call NVC and get them to explain.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

All of my paperwork is all done and complete including IV packet everything EXCEPT my AOS packet. I received a 1st checklist for my AOS packet with only one error (I posted checklist below). I responded to the checklist and fixed the one error. Waited 60 days and now I received a 2nd AOS checklist but it's the exact same one as the first one I already responded to! I dont know what else they want me to do. I'm so confused and frustrated. My AOS packet is the only thing I need approved for us to get out interview date :(

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Could it be a false checklist?

XXX Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, & Financial Evidence Checklist)

Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing instructions.

I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist

[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review, we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864 form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.

[x]

In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following...

[x]

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

[x]

In Part 8, Sponsor's Contract, please correct the following...

[x]

The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you resubmit the form.

[x]

You must submit the following financial evidence:

[x]

NVC Special Instructions

its seems its a false checklist.

Edited by Penguin_ie

I-130 Sent : 4-Jun-13
I-130 NOA1 : 28-Jun-13
I-130 Approved : 25-Mar-14
NVC Received : 11-Apr-14
AOS Bill : 17-May-14
Submit DS-261 : 17-May-14
Pay AOS Bill : 19-May-14
Send AOS Package : 3-Jun-14
AOS Package Scanned 21-Jun-14
Receive IV Bill : 10-Jul-14
Pay IV Bill : 10-Jul-14
DS-260 FILLED 18-Jul-14
IV PACKET SENT 24-Jul-14
AOS Check list received 28-Jul-14
IV PACKET Delivered 29-Jul-14
AOS Check list sent 1-Aug-14
AOS Check list Delivered 1-Aug-14

2nd Checklist received 23-Sep-14

Case Completed 26-Sep-14

Medical 05-Nov-14

Interview 26-Nov-14 :dancing:

Visa Issued 28-Nov-14 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

I think a false checklist would not have any checks in front of the items and would not mention the first checklist. I would call. Who knows what they are doing over there. Maybe the first one was a false check list and you responded unnecessarily which caused them to review your response and cause the delay. They told me they go by the last submitted document because its a contract

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

It's not a false checklist , you should call NVC and try to get to supervisor if possible

USCIS
June 01, 2013 I-130 Started

June 10, 2013 Priority Date
June 14, 2013 NOA 1
September 10, 2013 NOA 2

NVC
October 21, 2013 AoS Fee Paid
December 22, 2013 DS261 Submitted
December 27, 2013 DS261 Accepted ( via email )
December 28, 2013 IV Fee Bill Invoiced
December 29, 2013 AoS Package Sent
December 30, 2013 IV Fee Paid & DS260 Submitted
January 11, 2014 IV Package Sent
January 07, 2014 AoS Package Received ( call NVC )
January 15, 2014 IV Package Received ( call NVC )
January 27,2014 Received AoS Checklists ( email )
January 27,2014 Received IV Checklists ( email )
February 25,2014 Sent IV Checklists back
February 28,2014 IV Checklists Package Delivered
March 5,2014 Sent AOS Checklists back
March 10,2014 AOS Checklists Package Delivered
March 19,2014 Case Completed ( call NVC )
March 22,2014 Case Completed ( CC email )

Consulate
February 05,2015 Interview Letter
March 12,2015 Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** OP edited to remove full name. For your privacy and safety, please do not post real names or case numbers publicly. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

The only specified item/line in the checklist is "In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...: Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.", so it seems like it has something to do with your sponsor's I-864.

But definitely call NVC about it if you have received and corrected this checklist before. Good luck!

It's asking you to fix items specifically so in two sections along with sending ALL the pages again. This is not a false checklist. I would go over your math again and household counts, including that of a joint sponsor if you have one, with a fine tooth comb.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

i just got that same similar checklist the night before last and as soon as they emailed it to me i mailed it right back to them to cut down on the delay. i am not sure of your situation but I do admit when i sent it in the first time to begin with it was not the best information provided. There was some things I didn't know like for instance I didn't know I had to do two AOS for both my step son and wife and I couldn't list any of them on each other AOS (vice versa) I another good tip is to read the instructions that come with the AOS with a fine tooth and comb cause I also claim someone on my last recent taxes and didn't know I had to count them in the household number cause they don't live with me anymore but still had to count them, another thing I did was print out the last 6 months of my pay stubs from both of my two jobs and sought of estimated for the rest of the year the current annual income for this current year something I didn't do the first time. Another copy of my most recent tax returns 2013 and also my w2s from 2013 something I didn't do the first time. I did this for both AOS for stepson and wife with cover bar coded sheet and checklist. I separated the two AOS. Another thing I did was write the case number for both AOS on every sheet (separate of course).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.