shakurmaria1974

B1 VISA REQUIREMENT

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wanted to invite a friend from Nigeria for a B1 visa , which is visiting Visa . What are the requirement needed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well the main requirement is to apply. Pasport and application fee, funds for the trip and reason to return.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just to add to this - I am a Mexican citizen undergoing an i130 process. I had to renew my B1 due to business travel purposes. I was hesitant they would approve because the non immigrant intent is gone since I am actually in a process to immigrate. I prepared a HUGE binder with supporting documentation.

I went to the photo and finger print appointment. They approved after a week of AP, never looked at a single document I had, never required me to interview with a consular officer.

My point being is, being upfront and honest in the application and having compelling reasons to return to your country/a clean travel history, go a long way.

As Boiler says, all he needs to do is pay for the fee, fill out the application and be prepared to show documents and evidence of his intent to return to his country after the temporary visit.

Keep us posted,

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Unamexicana

Did you have to have a certain amount of money in your account. In order to aa apply for the B1 visa. Are does it not matter if he do or don't.

Timeline

I can answer that. There is no specified amount having said that visiting the US is not cheap and not something many people without adequate funds would consider.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You have to convince them you will return home. things like a spouse/child not travelling, a high paying job, owning property.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wrong visa. B-2 is the visitor visa. Odds are it will be issued as a B-1/B-2 combo visa. You can't do anything to help. Check out the Nigeria consulate web site and they will have country specific instructions for the B-2 visa.

As far as extra documentation on the Vietnam consulate web site it says the tourist visa is an interview only review process by US law and they go so far to say not to bring "extra" documentation for the B-2 visa interview. When my wife got her B-2 visa they only wanted to see her passport and oddly enough my passport. The rest was all interview for 90 seconds. They rely a great deal on profiling and how you respond to a half dozen questions. They want to hear the applicants reasons they will return to their home country.

Edited by XXXYYYZZZ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wanted to invite a friend from Nigeria for a B1 visa , which is visiting Visa . What are the requirement needed.

From Nigeria? Your friend will need:

1. $160.00 for the visa application fee

Additionally your friend may wish to possess:

1. A four leaf clover

2. A lucky rabbit's foot

3. A Horseshoe

Because they will need all the luck in the world to get a tourist visa from the Embassy in Lagos.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What if the applicant doesn't have a wife nor children, no company and no property in his name. just a job, payed vacations, an invitation from a USC friend, and a round trip flight ticket ???

Would that be enough????

No. That's not enough to convince a CO you will come back. What would make them think you will come back? Especially in the climate of illegal immigration its going to be even tougher for people to get visitor visa here.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My male friend is wanting to come this way for a visit. But does eventually want to come and stay but not right now. He is a professional saxophone player in JA. He has a son there, works as a lifeguard, has a bank account but doesn't own no property. What is his chances on getting approved?

Timeline

16.83%

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.