2,664 posts in this topic

We got an RFE on July 11 2019 for an updated medical. Since our case was originally submitted September 2016, the medical is only good for two years. We submitted this 3 weeks later. Our waiver was approved on July 11th 2019 as well. Our adjustment of status was approved on October 8th and got our green card in the mail on October 15th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, mhcrashx said:

We got an RFE on July 11 2019 for an updated medical. Since our case was originally submitted September 2016, the medical is only good for two years. We submitted this 3 weeks later. Our waiver was approved on July 11th 2019 as well. Our adjustment of status was approved on October 8th and got our green card in the mail on October 15th. 

congratulations!Did you include I601waivier approve notice when you apply Adjustment of Status?

4 hours ago, mhcrashx said:

No interview?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 11/5/2019 at 9:20 PM, mhcrashx said:

We had an interview in June 2017. Took forever to get them to make a decision. 

Wow that’s a long wait! My husband is here in the states with me and we’ve filed a 601 along with his AOS back in April of this year. I guess we should buckle in for another 2 and a half years of waiting...

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, SW21 said:

I also applied for 601 for misrepresentation and I haven't gotten a reply it's still too soon. Can you tell me what the misrepresentation was exactly? 

slied to consular or immigration officer.such as single person claim he or she has married ,but he or she didn.t.who claim has a great  job with high income,but not.or forged documents.ectand they were found out by consular or IO

Hi there, I need some advise here, 

My BF was deported in port of entry (expedited removal i guess)  for multiple entries in short period of time., he never overstayed his tourist visa, He was going back and forth because we met overseas and tourist visa was our first option to see where to go with the relationship...  CBP checked his phone and they found he was dating me and they advised him to ask me for the FIANCE VISA OR 1-130 petition. Long story short his Visa was cancelled and they put him on the next plane to his country. the only paper they gave him was the Record of sworn statement I-867 and they never handled him any discharge paper. We are getting married next January in his country in order to me to file a I-130 petition, we don't even know if we need to file only the i-212 or the i-212 and i601 together. Does anybody knows if people deported in port of entry (airport) get a paper showing the ground of inadmissibility ? is there anyway to know before the consulate interview if he really will needS a waiver? I would like to know before hand so we can be prepared to send it out right away.

if anybody can provide any little info it will be very appreciated.

This situation is about to kill us!

God bless you all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He should know if he was deported or allowed to withdraw his application for admission.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.