espared12

AP Serves No Purpose Very Upset

69 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So my wife and I went to Mexico, we live on the border. She just received her EAD/AP combo card. At the Customs inspection no one knew what the card was. Everyone was asking everyone else what it was and how it works. A Customs officer talked down on my wife as we were showing them all the supporting documents that we took with us. They took her inside, and would not let me accompany her. They came back and told me we were free to go but we should not be using AP to get back into the U.S. I explained that when we requested AP I requested multiple re-entry and he said that we should reserve card for emergencies. He noticed I was upset because he mistreated my wife and told me he was the authority to which I said I will call Immigration tomorrow and he said I AM IMMIGRATION and he said youre free to go but dont cross again until you have green card. My wife said while inside a customs officer talked down to her as well and bluntly told her either you stay in U.S. or in Mexico. The first customs officer we spoke to understood that every time she crosses she has to be taken inside to ask for Parole but he passed us off to this officer that made my blood boil. What is the point of USCIS issuing AP is Customs has no idea what theyre doing? Now my wife is freaked out because they scared her straight inside. She has a grandmother that is poor of health in Juarez which is why I requested multiple re-entry. HELP! What do I do?

K-1 Timeline

K-1 Interview Result: APPROVED!

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765: 04/14/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 delivered by USPS: 04/15/2014

Check cashed by USCIS: 04/19/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 NOA: 04/20/2014

I-485 RFE: 05/12/2014

I-485 RFE Received: 5/21/2014

I-131 and I-765 Approved: 06/28/2014

EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed: 07/07/2014

POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER DATED 07/29/2014

Card/Document Production: 04/07/2015

Welcome Notice Sent: 04/07/2015

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why would Customs know anything much about immigration?

Make sure you deal with immigration in future.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I'm sorry the officer wasn't civil enough when he was communicating with you guys. Advance parole are issued for emergencies only and are not to be used for pleasure trips. That's the reason you are asked in the forms to provide the reason an AP is desired and the dates of intended travel .

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Timeline

Not so

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

It is a combo card, all included in the price.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Don't worry about it is what to do. You can use your AP as you please.

Some people in positions of power get a little full of themselves, no use in getting worked up. Kiss their ### and make the whole process smoother.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife is very upset, she even cried herself to sleep. She was telling me the Customs officer threatened to take away the card if the tries to cross again with it. She said she felt humiliated. This is very upsetting for both of us. These "officers" dont even know what they are doing and then when you try to politely correct them they feel insulted. We dont know what to do.

K-1 Timeline

K-1 Interview Result: APPROVED!

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765: 04/14/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 delivered by USPS: 04/15/2014

Check cashed by USCIS: 04/19/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 NOA: 04/20/2014

I-485 RFE: 05/12/2014

I-485 RFE Received: 5/21/2014

I-131 and I-765 Approved: 06/28/2014

EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed: 07/07/2014

POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER DATED 07/29/2014

Card/Document Production: 04/07/2015

Welcome Notice Sent: 04/07/2015

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm sorry the officer wasn't civil enough when he was communicating with you guys. Advance parole are issued for emergencies only and are not to be used for pleasure trips. That's the reason you are asked in the forms to provide the reason an AP is desired and the dates of intended travel .

An adjustment applicant applying for AP does not have to answer any questions about why they want AP. No reason is ever needed to be given, and you can also put Unknown for the date and length of travel. Can you point out where on the form you need to provide a reason you desire AP?

OP, sounds like you ran into some folks on the border with a power trip. They are also pretty ignorant of their jobs if they do not know what an EAD/AP combo card is. They have been issuing them for over 3 years now. Of course she should be using AP to enter the US. That is the whole point of it.

This post is people giving details of their AP experiences. The first one is about entering from MX > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/345637-entering-the-us-with-an-i-512-advance-parole/

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to Working & Traveling During US Immigration - topic is travel ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Advance Parole are for emergencies ONLY...CBP can

even deny one entry after using it once, please get informed

on that, also get use to traveling since 9/11 ppl have had to

take some ####### in the name of security, I prefer the security

however an agent don't have to be unpleasant but some ppl

are like that....maybe not traveling until having GC is the best

thing to do, and even then anyone USC or otherwise can run

into a power tripping agent....continued crying ..oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

OP, there is no guarantee of re-entry with AP. There is no guarantee of re-entry with a green card either, but the chances of getting hassled with the green card are much lower.

As for all this talk of emergencies only... even if you did need to stick to using AP for certain reasons only, the OP has a reason that is exactly what is stated in the I-131 instructions > “urgent humanitarian reasons” and Humanitarian purposes include, but are not limited to, travel to obtain medical treatment, attend funeral services for a family member, or visit an ailing relative.

The OP is visiting her sick grandmother.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The OP is visiting her sick grandmother.

Which I would play up if any CBP person says anything.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I have used my AP 3 times since March for business trips, nothing to do with emergencies.

Were you referred for secondary inspection each time you returned to the US?

Edited by BBCC

Done: I-130/CR-1, I-751/ROC

Done: I-327

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.