espared12

AP Serves No Purpose Very Upset

69 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry this happened espared!

I am sure she feels bad, but she did nothing wrong, she just got a bad officer who didn't know things. I have never heard of anything like this when using AP.

The good news is that she was allowed in and she did see her grandma.

I hate to say this but I think being Same Sex had a lot to do with this whole situation. They all looked like chickens with theyre head cut off running al over the place trying to figure out what was going on.

K-1 Timeline

K-1 Interview Result: APPROVED!

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765: 04/14/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 delivered by USPS: 04/15/2014

Check cashed by USCIS: 04/19/2014

I-485, I-131, I-765 NOA: 04/20/2014

I-485 RFE: 05/12/2014

I-485 RFE Received: 5/21/2014

I-131 and I-765 Approved: 06/28/2014

EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed: 07/07/2014

POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER DATED 07/29/2014

Card/Document Production: 04/07/2015

Welcome Notice Sent: 04/07/2015

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think we have a winner!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Next time you cross the border, either with the AP or GC, notice the CBP name tag and other information and make mental notes of what is going on and then if it is an experience like this one, write to the CBP supervisor at that location and to the main office in Washington D.C. These people need to remember that they work for US and this kind of treatment will not be tolerated. I would still write a LETTER to some one at the POE station you went thru and also see about the CBP main office. This ####### really needs to stop. Too many LEO just big heads and think they can intimidate the average person. This is a small segment of the LEO population, but it gives the rest that do their jobs and respect the people they deal with a big black eye.

REPORT THIS to the CBP ASAP!!

Dave

I am actually filling out the complaint form on their website right now.

K-1 Timeline

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

AOS APPROVAL PREDICTION DATE: April 22, 2015 brought to you by good ol' Mountain Dew!

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I hate to say this but I think being Same Sex had a lot to do with this whole situation. They all looked like chickens with theyre head cut off running al over the place trying to figure out what was going on.

Probably; new laws/rules do mean it's going to take time for the changes to go all the way through the system. You might want to reach out to a local branch of the ACLU or National Gay & Lesbian Task Force and ask them for their recommendation/help.

I have used AP for several trips in the past. Probably around 5-6 trips. I even studied abroad and was in London for about 4 months and returned back to the US.

CBP will hold you for quite a bit. The shortest wait time I had was about 45 minutes and it could take up to 2-3 hours long. They will screen you and ask you questions about your trip. Some of the CBP officers I dealt with were really pleasant and some were very intimidating.

It is true that AP does not guarantee re-entry into the US. But the chances of that are very slim. At least based on my experience.

----

6/12/2016 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions

----

ROC

Spoiler

6/20/2016 (Day 0) - ROC Package (i-761) sent via USPS Priority Mail

6/21/2016 (Day 1) - ROC Package delivered at CSC Laguna Niguel & signed for by J Siplivy

6/28/2016 (Day 8) - Check cashed and NOA dated 6/21/2016 received in the mail

7/18/2016 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment done at Santa Ana ASC

2/28/2017 (Day 254) - Spouse received call from immigration officer verifying if we still lived together at our current address. He ended the conversation by saying we our approved and no need for interview

3/3/2017 (Day 257) - Received approval letter in the mail! 

3/13/2017 (Day 267) - Online status updated - new card being produced

3/16/2017 (Day 270) - Online status updated - new card was mailed to me

3/20/2017 (Day 274) - 10 year green card on hand!! 

----

6/12/2017 - Eligible for Citizenship

----

N-400

6/13/2017 - N-400 package sent via USPS Priority Mail Express

6/16/2017 - N-400 fee cashed

6/19/2017 - NOA date - Priority date 6/15/17

6/30/2017 - Received biometrics appointment letter in the mail for 7/12/17

7/5/2017 - Walked in Tustin ASC for biometrics 

8/10/2017 - Case is in line for interview

1/22/2018 - N-400 interview date scheduled 

1/26/2018 - Received N-400 interview letter in the mail! Interview scheduled on Feb. 28 

2/28/2018 - Naturalization interview - recommended for approval! :)

3/20/2018 - Oath taking ceremony :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Folks, do some research and look at reality please. I cross a very tenuous Mexican-US border monthly. It is NOT a cakewalk in to the USA. They encounter every single day people from many countries, not just Mexican citizens trying to get in to the USA. Many people, every day. Some with weapons and ill intentions. Even wives with sick mothers in foreign countries. CBP are law enforcement officers. The law says, NO VISA, NO ENTRY! Simple as that.

As for dealing with law enforcement, be polite, be patient. They get yelled at, shot at, and take heaps of BS from border crossers of all sorts. I've seen it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_parole

Educate yourselves, gain experience. Opinions are great, so are feelings, but put the shoe on the other foot occasionally.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Uh, I think you you know about AP from a wikipedia page (and one flagged for problems at that), then you don't know very much about it.

AP is permission to enter the US again. If you think that people only enter the US on visas then you are confused.

Espared, that might be a part of the issue. They might not know what is going on, very sad though. File your complaints, etc. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

AP is not for emergencies only. I remember because I checked the "vacation" box, and wrote down the reason fr requesting it as "tourism" or smth similar. You are always pulled into secondary because you are being paroled back in the US, and I think this is something the officer at the normal line cannot do. I had a very pleasant experience in Houston Airport, it took less than 5 minutes for the whole thing, and I wasn't asked any questions.

Border crossings may be trickier, but I would not let that discourage me. If need be, carry a copy of the description of the card.

event.png

I used my AP once, not for emergency. My husband and I had another wedding ceremony in my country, and we also attended my sister's wedding. Our point of entry was in LAX, and I was instructed to go to a holding room for processing (other people were on the verge on getting deported, yikes!). My husband wasn't allowed to go inside. While the wait was over half an hour, the CBP officer didn't really give me a hard time. Just noted that my birthday falls on a holiday, then issued the parole with no sweat. I'm sorry your wife had to go through a difficult time during your last trip. I hope next time all will go well.

I think you are absolutely correct.

I don't know how to fix it, though.

Regards,

Bill

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You do have people fro Mexico claiming Asylum in the US due to persecution, just wonder if this has anything to do with it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I just got off the phone with the POE we used last night and spoke with an officer. She told me to call USCIS, and if they tell me the EAD/AP combo card is for multiple re-entry then we can use it again. She said the officer last night should have never threatened to take away the card, unless he proves that USCIS did not approve the card traveling use. She said he can only take away the I-94.

K-1 Timeline

Married on 03/12/2014

AOS Timeline

APPROVED!!!! 04/07/2015

Good news. Your approval letter should say multi-entry. Might be coded "M."

Not sure if it says that on the combo card. The paper AP had a check box on "M."

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Espared12, I'm sorry this happened to you guys. I've had tooooo many experiences with CBP officers who are a little too full of themselves and act like they are the FBI, Police, Columbo, CSI and everything all rolled into one!!! :)

To think of it, in all my travel I can only think of two CBP officers who've actually been nice. They know you're in a vulnerable position and in some cases your life is in their hands so they take advantage.

That being said, take heart in knowing that at least you two are together right now and she is your wife! Although your experience sounds terrible (and I've had similar experiences to what your wife described, such as being humiliated and belittled so I understand) some of us still wish we had your problems. I dream of the day every day when I can finally call my fiancé my wife and we can go through the rest of this FRUSTRATING process together. She may be crying herself to sleep but at least she's crying on your shoulder and not over the computer or phone. Stay strong.

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.