Tired of wait

Anyone here that already got married and wanna share the story?? pls only if you met online

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I met my fiance online and will get married on 30th May. He visit me twice because it's hars to get tourist us visa from my country.we have such wonderful time together online and offline.

Use your instinct when you meet for the first time.do not rush anything before both of you feel ok to step forward.you will know why it never work with anyone else when you meet "the one" for you ;)

Our timeline heart.gifheart.gifheart.gif : December,21st 2013- Sent our I-129F packageDecember,23rd 2013- Texas lockbox received the packageDecember,27th 2013- Email Notification for NOA1January,2nd 2014- Alien Registration number changedJanuary,3rd 2014- NOA1 hardcopy receivedJanuary,29th 2014-NOA2 mailed(26 days)!*got information from USCIS at 8.30 pm (GMT+7)February,3rd 2014-NOA2 on handFebruary,19th 2014-NVC left!!!February, 25th 2014- NVC hard copy notif on hand (ask to fill in DS-160)February,26th 2014-DS-160 completed+Packet 3 sentFebruary,27th 2014- Package 4 received (email). Approved interview dateFebruary,28th 2014- Medical examMarch,3rd 2014-Medical exam pick up (approved)March,15th 2014-$240 visa payment done (Permata Bank)March,25th 2014- Interview date with my fiance rose.gif March,27th 2014- Submit his paystubs and my original birth certificate (APPROVED VISA!)April,3rd 2014- VISA ON HAND (L) :goofy: April,10th 2014- My fiance back to US for prepare our new lifeMay,19th 2014-Fly to Chicago! Total time until interview: 81 daysThe BIG PLAN:May,30th 2014- Officially mrs. Stephens wub.pngJune,4th 2014-Apply SSNJune,9th 2014-SSN card receivedJune,11th 2014-AOS package sentJune,16th 2014-EAD and AP initial reviewJune,18th 2014-Got Michigan State ID! can use this to join bank accountJune,18th 2014-Got text from USCIS for 3 of my applicationsJune,25th 2014-got 3 mails from USCISJuly,11th 2014-Biometric appointment at Grand Rapids, MI :dancing:July,26th 2014 Our reception! star_smile.gifAugust,13th 2014-Interview date scheduled for greencardAugust,22nd 2014-USCIS sent my EAD/AP card!woohoo!August,22nd 2014-USCIS sent interview cancel letter because we moved to Ohio<p>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Moving Here and Your New Life In America , from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It will be my one and half anniversary of wedding, three years of knowing each other. We met online... he went to visit me nine times!!! each visit was better and better... at least I believe you need face to face time before you jump to a decision but you can certanly met in any way and use time to know and check is real... Always be cautious and verify deep intentions and feelings. Now I can tell everything is awesome and he is the best guy ever!!! My true match!!!

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Although we knew each other as kids, I had not seen my (now) husband for over 20 years before we re-connected online. So many people the globe over meet their true love this way now.

We have been together exactly 3 years and married for just over 1 year. It works, and I know dozens of successful love stories that started off on-line. Im sure a HUGE number of VJ members met their significant other this way too :)

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Anyone here that already got married and wanna share the story?? pls only if you met online, I am a bit insecure about this online meeting thing and wanna read some sucessfull stories, thank you

I just got married last week to my fiancé. We first met on YouTube in 2008. He watched my videos about Indonesian cultures and suddenly set up an account so he could send private messages - he never have had any social networking accounts -. We dated over 5 years before he filed I-129F for me back in August 2013. We communicated via video calling on Skype everyday and emails.

I think you need be careful when you meet someone online specially when you have started dating them in short period of time and they started bugging and asking your money for unreasonable things. I never had asked money from my then-fiancé in the period of our courtship.

The first time I saw his paycheck when we started gathering supporting documents for I-134. He actually wanted to give some support financial to me which was I highly refused. I had a good job at well-established company in my country before I met him and quit right after my visa was approved.

We are now happy newly married couple and we couldn't be happier. My advise, it is easy to fall in love to someone. You saw their looks, pose on different pictures with make up on, always well- behaved because it is easy to do that online. But, stay in love needs a lot work and effort to make it happens. Just because someone is pretty or handsome it doesn't mean they are comparable to you. Most important things that made our relationship survived are truly committed to each other, we were not yelling and calling out of names when we were fighting, respect other's feelings, and stay faithful no matter how strong the temptation is coming after us.

But, what it worked for our relationship it doesn't mean it will work to others. To each their own. Honesty, respect, constantly communicate to each other are some of the keys that definitely will make a chance a long distance relationship will success, survived, and lasted.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We both posted on a poker forum, and I got an xbox, added people from that site, he was one of them. Talked all the time, then one day, I took off to Canada, moved in with him (without meeting him IRL and this was very fast), and we got married about 9 months afer I got to Canada. That was back in 2007. He is a citizen now, and have little less than 2 weeks till I deliver our son (hopefully soon).

I think my story is a bit crazier than most, and I don't really recommend just taking off to another country to live with someone, but I felt it was right, so I did it. We had some tough times, but everyone does. Seems to have worked out for me at least :)

Edited by wowswift

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We met on fb,replied to same post and started talking via text. Some time later we began to talk by cell.

After about two months we enjoyed skype, cell,text and email every morning and every night plus :)

He than asked me to marry him (L) I said yes (L)

For the following months we planed my travel to India to meet his family.

After approval from his parents and entire family,we were married Oct 30th 2013

Most beautiful Indian Wedding and ring ceremony.

I have shortened our love story for this post ,but many beautiful days and years are still to come!

As long as we keep all faith in God through these visa processes :energy:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Anyone here that already got married and wanna share the story?? pls only if you met online, I am a bit insecure about this online meeting thing and wanna read some sucessfull stories, thank you

Hi, can I ask what country your loved one is from. We have a support group for those whos loved one is in Africa. Our ladies have many success stories.

The link is in my signature.

Congratulations!

I met my husband on facebook we were in a group for a game we played together. Him and I had a bad experience in that particular group (but we didnt know cause we didnt really talk) and he created his own group for the game and added me since I was one of his neighbors for the game. When I saw I was in another group I emailed him to find out if some particular ppl where going to be in his group and he asked me why I was asking, I told him about my experience and its funny he told me same thing happen the him and no they were not going to be in his group, Since then we talked everyday for hours getting to know each other. I started to look forward to our talks and well I started to develop feelings for him and I felt he had feelings for me but when I asked him he said he didnt want a relationship he just wanted a friend. I was crushed but we kept talking and I still felt there was something btwn us. One day we were talking on the phone and he finally told me how he felt. I was so HAPPY!. We talked about our future and we even talked marriage, since it was not possible for him to get tourist visa to USA cause we had talked marriage and we didnt want to lie, we decided it would be best if I went to his country, i was scared to go to an unknown country by myself as a woman and everyone I knew was telling me terrible things. When I came out of the airport there were so many ppl waiting for their loved ones so i was confused who was who but I saw him he had my favorite flowers in hand and he was waving them in the air at me he knew instantly that was me, he said the sweetest words I have ever heard to me. When we saw each other face to face I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man. My visa was only for 30 days so we made the decision to marry while I was there in his country. I love this man so much, I came back to the states and I have not been with him since then. This processes of immigration is so hard and trying on a relationship. Make sure that you know each other and that you both are ready for a difficult road ahead. I never thought I would ever fall for someone online but here I am married and we met through a facebook game!

a95km9y.png
event.png

event.png

We briefly met one night in a Christian chat room. She messaged me first. I was leery of talking with anyone from the Philippines. She said hi and I said hi. Then we didnt talk much more. Then she said bye as she was going. Only after she had gone I looked at her picture. As soon as I did I knew immediately that she would be the most important person in my life. But I couldnt find her again. Six months later she messaged me from Indonesia where she was teaching abroad.

She tried to get a visitor visa, but was denied. So we decided to just go ahead and get married so no one could keep us apart. She paid for me to come there, and she paid the hotel (I couldnt afford it at the time). We got married on that first visit.

When she came here to the USA she had to give up a great career. She was the youngest school principal in her district of Metro Manila. That was a pretty good job. And the Superintendent wanted her to become the superintendent. Welll... I guess God had other plans.

Now I am home schooling preschool for our almost 4 year old son. We will be married 7 years this coming January... Wow...I had to count - I didnt realize it is going on 7 years.... Wow. What happened to the time? She is an Airman First Class in the Air National Guard. She is going to school again and working on becoming a registered nurse. We live in Tennessee, and I thank God for her, and for my son.....

Brian in Tennessee

Edited by Brijo

My husband and I met on a dating site last year. We dated for 3 months and he decided to come and visit. Not only to visit but to ask me to marry him. He was here April 2013 and we got married June 2013. I didn't thought it was possible but YES it is!

We've been married for 11 months now. Happy and in love!

Hi! Hubby and I met online back in 2003...just in a chat room, before chat rooms became creepy. We spoke for 9 months before meeting in person, when he flew to Boston for a couple of weeks. We did the whole long distance relationship for more than three years when we finally got married at the end of 2006. Has it been easy? No....but that's not unexpected when you have family on two different continents. Would I do it again...in a heartbeat. We've been married for just over 7 years now and I love him more and more every day.

10/26/03 Met in Yahoo chat room
06-2004 Glyn flies to Boston for 2 week holiday with me in White Mountains
06/07/2006- HE PROPOSES!!
12/13/2006- Glyn and Simon the best man fly in for wedding.
December 16,2006- Happiest day of my life
12/25/2006- Best and worst Christmas ever. Glyn flies back to England at 6 pm Christmas Night.
02/19/2007- UK spousal visa approved in NY after only 4 days.
March 2,2007- Reunited in England with Glyn.
01/21/2008-mailed I-130 to USCIS in London
01/24/2008-NOA1
04/13/2008-Panic. RFE received
April 17, 2008-Mailed off again.
April 22, 2008-NOA2 received dated April 21, 2008.
April 26, 2008-Packet 3 received
April 28, 2008-Mailed off DS-230
May06,2008-Packet 3 sent
May 08, 2008-Medical scheduled
May 22,2008-Packet 4 received
June 03,2008-Interview APPROVED!!!!!

June 04, 2008-Visa in hand
June 20, 2008-Shippers come for our things.
June 25, 2008-Flying to the USA
November 15, 2010-Sent off VERY late I-751 along with many prayers.
04/09/2011-10 year GC arrives in mail.
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued

04/16/2013-I-130 sent off-----04/19/2013 NOA1

05/15/2013-NOA2

Never received packet 3 although it was mailed to us on May 29th

07/17/2013-Sent off packet 3 after finally getting ALL our documents together

08/19/2013-Medical scheduled (there were earlier appointments but unfortunately, we couldn't get there for them due to hubby's work)

09/24/2013-Interview APPROVED

11/01/2013-POE BOSTON

01/13/2014-10 Year green card received

03/09/2019- Sent I-130 to Chicago lock box for step-son

03/20/2019- NOA 1

08/10/2019-NOA 2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.