corvusheart

Knightsbridge now denies on past Depression/Self-harm

35 posts in this topic

Knightsbridge has some new doctors on board. And apparently now they can deny you for past depression and self harm even with a doctors note. I just wanted to get the message out there to warn those this effects.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Things have changed since your time at Knightsbridge.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

It might help others if you could share details of the portion of the exam relating to,this.. Was it a series of questions, was it because of physical evidence? Did they send him away with any info if they were recommend g denial (they are not the ones who actually deny, they examine his eligibility medically)

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Doctors provide information, Consulates decide.

Sounds like there is no personal issues that have not been shared.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Nich-Nick read my thread I posted on this thread. I'm sure it will be quite the eye opener for you and might awaken you to how things work these days in Knightsbridge. To tell someone they will be ok with a doctors note is a complete lie; things have changed in Knightsbridge since then.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Ok. I have a better picture now, I have a friend's mom going for her medical there next month and she had a bad case of PPD and was institutionalized after an issues with one of her children when they were babies.... Anyway... Keep us posted for Friday, but I would not be saying that he is denied, from you other post, it was not determined yet, just that there was the possibility. There is also the possibility that they pass him or the possibility they want more documentation or a psyc exam? Lots of possibilities...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Knightsbridge can NOT deny a visa. They are contracted to perform a medical exam and report the results to the embassy. Knightsbridge is not the American government. They have no jurisdiction over visa decisions.

If something in the medical report indicates a medical condition that makes a person inadmissable, then the officer at the embassy will make the decision on approval or denial of the visa.

You have no idea unless you were present at the exam what you fiancé said or how he acted. You don't have the REAL story, only what your fiancé chooses to tell you. He could have acted in a manner that made the doctor think he was unstable. They are evaluating his demeanor, reponses, and actions from the minute he walks in the door; all the time making it sound like thay are chatting about the weather or something. When coupled with his scars, and a report from another doctor, it could have made the doctor wary of giving him a clean bill of health. You also said months ago he had no doctor that treated him for his condition or a regular doctor that knew him well. You said there was no way he could get a doctor report. If that was true, then anything he took in from another GP was maybe not convincing.

This thread and your post are irresponsible given you have no facts.

This is what me and my husband thought. This story is highly unusual and these two have been panicking about the medical since they sent off their I-129F package. He probably looked/acted incredibly nervous/shaky and it made them wary.

Also, I've been PMing her loads today telling her Knightsbridge cannot deny visas and the results are sent to the Embassy, but all I get is "Well apparently now they can".

This thread IS irresponsible as it will scare other people who have had depression and your story, corvus, is not the norm. I still think something is off with it and unless you were there, you don't know the ins and outs of what went down. My doctor told me loads of people go to Knightsbridge and have had depression before. They've not changed since my time at Knightsbridge. Only for your fiance it seems, as someone else pointed out.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

I just re-read this topic XD Wow.

Nich-Nick read my thread I posted on this thread. I'm sure it will be quite the eye opener for you and might awaken you to how things work these days in Knightsbridge.

Yeah Nich Nick, read her post, you clearly don't know how things in Knightsbridge work nowadays and you don't know anything 'cause you did all this years ago!

...... Said no one to Nich in the UK forum, ever. Nor would they dare. ;p

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

I think I have all right in doing this seeing as this apparently didn't happen before.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Whilst I don't wish to undermine your anxiety, I do agree with the other posters that the Knightsbridge clinic cannot deny your visa. I am pretty sure they would not want the liability of being responsible for that. I also wonder what is going to change between now and Friday if they haven't asked for any new information.

I had cancer but it was 17 years before my medical so ancient history in my mind but the clinic asked for a letter from my doctor. They then telephoned me because there was an (unrelated) issue with my x-Ray. They wanted me to go back to them for a scan but worked with me when I requested that I be permitted to have it done under the NHS, as I had plenty of time and wanted to save on costs. My point is that they were supportive and co-operated with me to get the best outcome.

I think it is possible that they told your fiancé that he would hear from them by Friday if there is an issue and he interpreted that as we will let you know by Friday what the issue is.

Try not to panic about something that hasn't yet happened.

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.