corvusheart

Knightsbridge now denies on past Depression/Self-harm

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Whilst I don't wish to undermine your anxiety, I do agree with the other posters that the Knightsbridge clinic cannot deny your visa. I am pretty sure they would not want the liability of being responsible for that. I also wonder what is going to change between now and Friday if they haven't asked for any new information.

I had cancer but it was 17 years before my medical so ancient history in my mind but the clinic asked for a letter from my doctor. They then telephoned me because there was an (unrelated) issue with my x-Ray. They wanted me to go back to them for a scan but worked with me when I requested that I be permitted to have it done under the NHS, as I had plenty of time and wanted to save on costs. My point is that they were supportive and co-operated with me to get the best outcome.

I think it is possible that they told your fiancé that he would hear from them by Friday if there is an issue and he interpreted that as we will let you know by Friday what the issue is.

Try not to panic about something that hasn't yet happened.

You make some good points here and it's nice of you to reassure the OP but whether your comments will be taken on board is another issue...

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

You make some good points here and it's nice of you to reassure the OP but whether your comments will be taken on board is another issue...

Yes, I have been following the threads. ?

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

I think it is possible that they told your fiancé that he would hear from them by Friday if there is an issue and he interpreted that as we will let you know by Friday what the issue is.

THIS is what I think is the most likely explanation. I did mention this possibility in the other thread. I'm concerned that Friday will come and go with no word from Knightsbridge (if all is well with the medical) and the OP might take that as a bad sign.

Anyone with any kind of medical issue who reads this thread is going to be terrified.

Timeline

I was thinking of asking a mod if they could change the title of the thread as it is misleading and will scare people. Can/will they do that sort of thing?

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Not if they are familiar with the OP's previous posts.

Very true!

Hotter Otter, click 'report' on the first post and make your suggestion. Worth a try.

Edited by rhirhi

Timeline

I'm glad you didn't stay away Nich- Nick, you are an actual gold mine of information!

I'm not trying to scare anyone I'm trying to make them aware or do you want them to believe beautiful lies? My fiance presented himself well with a positive attitude and no social anxiety. He has a clean police report and has never done drugs. He also does not have any disabilities.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I'm not trying to scare anyone I'm trying to make them aware or do you want them to believe beautiful lies? My fiance presented himself well with a positive attitude and no social anxiety. He has a clean police report and has never done drugs. He also does not have any disabilities.

Could it be there is more to your fiance's story than what he has told you? As others have stated, doctors do not grant or deny visas. They make their assessment based on the exam the beneficiary undergoes. I would sooner take the results of the exam as a wake up call, for there may be still lingering effects or symptoms of depression or some other social disability that needs to be addressed. It is hard to even contemplate the idea that something may be our of keel with the person we love, but you need to be aware of that possibility.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

There is nothing else. Stop subjecting yourselves to delusions. The bare truth is there will be people flat out denied for depression and self harm alone

YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES! ITS TIME FOR YOUR WAKE UP CALL

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Any chance your fiance could come on here himself and describe how the medical went and what exactly the doctor said at the end?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

There is nothing else. Stop subjecting yourselves to delusions. The bare truth is there will be people flat out denied for depression and self harm alone

YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES! ITS TIME FOR YOUR WAKE UP CALL

The MDs don't have the power to flat out deny anyone a visa. They only do the exams and submit their findings to the US consulate requesting the exams. If your fiance was denied, you need to consider the chance he has not told you the whole story. You mentioned self-harm that happened 13 years ago. Have you considered doctors can tell the age of a scar ? Have you for one moment considered you may have been lied to by the person you are willing to marry? I am not saying taht was the case, but you would be better off finding out the whole truth before blaming it on the MDs.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I was thinking of asking a mod if they could change the title of the thread as it is misleading and will scare people. Can/will they do that sort of thing?

Excuse me! Are you trying to shove the truth under the rug??? People need to know these things they must be ready in case the worst comes. If you try to hide that you do more harm than good. The truth must be heard.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

The MDs don't have the power to flat out deny anyone a visa. They only do the exams and submit their findings to the US consulate requesting the exams. If your fiance was denied, you need to consider the chance he has not told you the whole story. You mentioned self-harm that happened 13 years ago. Have you considered doctors can tell the age of a scar ? Have you for one moment considered you may have been lied to by the person you are willing to marry? I am not saying taht was the case, but you would be better off finding out the whole truth before blaming it on the MDs.

STOP YOUR SPECULATIONS NOW!!!! OPEN YOUR EYES

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.