N and J

Got married on a K1 in March, filed for an annulment and husband took off.

96 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah I didn't marry him the day I met him. I did talk to him for quite a while before I entered a relationship with him and before I decided to bring him here. I wasn't going to meet someone online talk for 2 months go to another country and meet them to file paperwork. My the marriage itself was one month...not the relationship. Didn't know I had to be so specific for you. Sorry I'll make sure to be detailed next time....however I didn't ask for advice on the relationship I asked for advice from anyone that's either been in my position or if anyone knew what I could do about him jumping.

Filed: Timeline

everyone advised Order of Protection, which sounded (including to my ear) great, at first. But then came mixed feelings...You never mentioned him hurting anyone or threatening anyone. This may mean that in order to secure such Order, you might have to lie(?) Also, you're following him closely, including with devices. Seemingly stalking. You've stated here (four pages long) that you intend to continue to pursue him, daily. Also you've described him actually avoiding you. Complicated picture - and that's told by one side only.

I agree with Belinda that safety is paramount. It's just not clear how threatened anyone is by the human under the microscope

Timeline

It's not that he threatened my life...he avoids me but does not avoid my daughter. I don't stalk him or look for him, if I go outside to take my daughter out and I see him sneaking around I do record him and I say "just documenting he still hasn't left with the day and the time" it's not like I see him every day. He hides. He makes my neighbor pick him up in the driveway next to him. I came home late Sunday night from my family's house and he was peeking out of the corner of the window. I don't fear for me. Why is it that he finds it necessary to talk to my daughter? That doesn't seem odd to you? I live in a 5 family house it's not like I can take her into my own yard, my neighbor lives in the next apt in the house. He has changed in front of her numerous times after me asking him not to. The last time was on a Sunday. I went to school Monday sick to my stomach because he was always trying to touch her or tickle her and she would tell him to stop. After me telling him over and over please don't try and make out with me in front of her he still did over and over. He always was taking pictures of her but never once took a picture of me or me and him. It was just weird! After that Sunday I decided I was way too uncomfortable with him being in a house with my daughter. It was just the final straw. I became more aware of what he was doing. Along with how he changed as a person, it just wasn't going to work. So I went and filed the annulment papers. I feel he is a threat more to my daughter than me....I'm sorry you don't find it odd? My daughter is 5. No one should be undressing in front of a 5 year old child. And if he is going to stay around he shouldn't be trying to talk to her and wave to her after I've asked him not to.

Timeline

My biggest fear is he is going to try and be friendly to her and either hurt her or take her to get back at me for messing up his plans. I'm assuming he isn't happy since I have his family and friends messaging me to tell him that he has all rights to be here because he married me so just leave him alone and give him his papers. I'm sorry I don't trust anyone around my kid I'm always watching child molesters and kidnappers don't come with a label. But I really don't trust someone who is backed into a corner.

You don't need to respond to SingleDad, OP. The police will decide if you qualify for a restraining order, not him.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Single Dad, what are you contributing to this discussion? She has filed for annulment. She is attempting to protect herself and her child. What does it matter how she met the person? I am glad to see you are finally working so you can support yourself and your children rather than the taxpayers like they have for the past 12 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Single Dad, what are you contributing to this discussion? She has filed for annulment. She is attempting to protect herself and her child. What does it matter how she met the person? I am glad to see you are finally working so you can support yourself and your children rather than the taxpayers like they have for the past 12 years.

He's just waiting for the prime time to march through the thread like a would-be Jesse Jackson telling us about how it's somehow her ex's right to stay here illegally and how great it is to be a criminal.

Pay him no mind.

Edited by Avery Cates

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

and expose one self to a 5 year old?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thank you for all your help everyone. I see single dad is ignorant and obviously has no idea what's going on. Harpa you are right because it was already recommended by the police themselves to put one on him and the court after they read my letter. It was explained that my life doesn't have to be in danger it's the fact that I have the FEAR and he has not stopped even when told to do so.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

And I don't see why the fact that his friends, family are harrassing you and your neighbor who is right next door is harboring him, thus keeping him right there next to you, aren't reason to file a restraining order. It isn't too hard to get a restraining order by the way. I had to get one before. Although it was equally as easy for the other person to go to court to have it taken off later. In this case, might not be so easy if you have proof that his presence is intended to coerce you into not reporting his illegal presence to the government, which you have a right to do..

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

OP: have you considered getting a restraining order against him?

Also, it was stated earlier, but don't be alone with him. Just don't see him in general, that would be good.

Harpa when I called the police the other day they told me to go file an order of protection. I'm going to do that. I have his friends and family contacting me daily telling me to let him stay here and leave him alone. Some have gotten very nasty. I wouldn't be alone with him, I don't even look at him when he is trying to sneak by. However I started recording him walking all the way around to the other neighbors driveway so no one sees him coming in or out. Just as proof he is trying to hide.

Get on this yesterday and make sure it includes your daughter. It should also stop his friends from contacting you on his behalf or the neighbors.

I would very clearly outline his inappropriate behavior towards your daughter in the petition. No judge is going to chance refusing it.

Yes, as a mother of a 5 year old, I can tell you that it is absolutely not normal for a grown man, especially a man who is not the child's father, to be changing clothes in front of a child.

I met him online. However before I even thought of getting involved with him I asked certain questions over and over at different times in different ways. Does it matter where I met him? Even if I met him traveling or if I lived in another country. He laid a great line of BS on me and so did his family. I figured after almost 2 years a person would have showed some kind of true colors that he was dishonest but his "story" was consistent. Everyone has seen a change in him. It's just not normal to go from a normal happy person to a weird controlling creeper with no personality what so ever. I was played and I accept that...yes I met him on line and he played me well. However I threw a wrench into his plan because I started to pick up on weird things that he did (which I might add in his culture public affection in front of children is not normal and changing in front of kids is not normal either I've asked others from that culture) him trying to change me and control what I do was not normal and not the person I met. I never would have brought him here if I knew that was his intent. You don't try and change someone you love. What's the point of marrying someone to change them?

Don't worry about the naysayers. I met my husband online and he is perfectly normal and a good husband and step dad. You did the right thing by getting rid of him, so pat yourself on the back for that.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I say you are right to contact USCIS on the 90th day....however U

should have reported him disrobing B4 your kid (that was very telling)

the type of person he is, if he communicate with your daughter even

with a wave call the cops, he might just be a perv. report him and move

on, hopefully the neighbors who took him in have no kids...good luck

Thanks for special appearance; so where is a crime in this topic?

He's just waiting for the prime time to march through the thread like a would-be Jesse Jackson telling us about how it's somehow her ex's right to stay here illegally and how great it is to be a criminal.

Pay him no mind.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.