Hamzah and Amna

Never Met My Fiance

178 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Many years ago, someone linked to a database that had hundreds of waiver applications that had been submitted to the USCIS. Chances of the waiver being approved under extreme medical circumstances were actually pretty good as long as the petitioner provided comprehensive medical documentation by a doctor/medical team that stated why traveling anywhere was impossible (truly impossible -- there were some submissions for migraines, one for poorly managed schizophrenia...yikes...) and the beneficiary's failed attempts at a visitor's visa were also included.

Although 12 hours a day of non-perotineal (the OP mentions a "machine") dialysis is A LOT. Like, top of a transplant list lot. Does this guy have long to live? Is he transplant-eligible? The severity of his illness may help get a waiver but probably won't play in the beneficiary's favor for getting a visa...

I think it is peritoneal dialysis. Hemodialysis are done 3 times a week even when kidneys are almost non-functional. He can probably switch to hemodialysis for short period of time to visit Pakistan. if he comes to Pakistan they can get the marriage certificate and apply for Immigrant Visa directly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think it is peritoneal dialysis. Hemodialysis are done 3 times a week even when kidneys are almost non-functional. He can probably switch to hemodialysis for short period of time to visit Pakistan. if he comes to Pakistan they can get the marriage certificate and apply for Immigrant Visa directly.

He would not need to go that far, just to somewhere where they could meet.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Actually, traveling on peritoneal dialysis is a lot easier and possibly doable in this case.

I have cared for patients who were on daily dialysis in a hospital setting -- usually a last-ditch effort before transitioning them over to CRRT. Usually acute-on-chronic renal failure patients who were on the top of a transplant list.

Me and my fiance were engaged through parents back in 2004. We were too young to accept the relationship we never talked till 2010 and now we talk 24/7 and are in Love, unfortunately I could never meet my fiance because of his medical issues he cannot travel at all as he is suffering from Chronic Renal Failure and needs everyday 12 hours dialysis. If he traveled he would die sad.png we have proof of online conversations, facetimes, pictures taken through webcam, presents he sent me on different occasions but not even a single picture together though I have few pictures with his family as his mother came multiple times.

Is this issue gonna affect our case? We already submitted a waiver from his doctor with the I129F application?

Also I am a Doctor recently graduated and pursuing my career in States, does any of the listed things can affect our case?

Thank You so much...

You will NEVER get a visa without having met face to face within two years prior to the submission of any documents.

Edited by David & Zoila

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post that adds nothing constructive to the op's question removed, along with one quoting.
save the sarcasm for the lower forums.

You will NEVER get a visa without having met face to face within two yeras prior to the submission of any documents.

not entirely true. there are some exceptions, which one poster already covered.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

one post that adds nothing constructive to the op's question removed, along with one quoting.

save the sarcasm for the lower forums.

not entirely true. there are some exceptions, which one poster already covered.

Okay maybe a one in ten thousand chance. Not good odds in my book.

Edited by David & Zoila

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Sounds like she has already applied for the K-1 and sent papers for the meeting waiver. Now all she can do is wait. If the waiver is approved she will need boat loads of evidence of the relationship. If it is denied she will need to apply again for a tourist visa.

I know you were trying to be helpful here but, please do not try to give me a lesson in medical care. If this gentleman is on dialysis 12 months 24 hours 7 days a week, this means his entire kidney organ is not functioning. If he is in that of a critical state that also means there are a lot more issues(health wise)the OP did not disclose. Not to be insensitive to the OP or the readers, my post did not go into the all of the issues the OP would needs to consider in all of her choices.

He is NOT on dialysis 24 hours a day. READ the OP. 12 Hours a day, 7 days a week. If you would like to help, try paying attention to what is being said.

Our opinion on the man's medical issues or personal issues, undisclosed, are not a part of the OP's question. AND none of our business.

Edited by cdneh

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you so much everyone for the tremendous response though it made me extremely sad but it's okay. My fiance is on peritoneal dialysis set up at home and it is done everyday for 12 hours like I mentioned earlier. Noway I can apply for visitor visa now as we have already filled a petition for k1 and received noa1 but all I can do now is wait and see what happens still I'm hoping for the best. I need prayers and good wishes. I was too busy with medical school past few years couldn't think how difficult it would be for me and now I guess my marriage is an impossible thing :( I'm not hiding anything as per fiances medical condition he is on transplant list but waiting for years :( idk wish me luck

ROC Packet sent: 08/17/17

NOA1: 08/21/17

Biometrics: 02/01/18

Green card received: 03/15/18

N-400 sent (online): 06/19/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You submit the waiver with supporting medical information. I am not one to judge the extent of his inability to travel, I am sure the people reviewing the case have access to such resources.

Having just one B2 application declined may not be enough.

If successful you then have the issue with the Consulate who may have issues with the nature of your relationship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

As per our relationship is concerned I have alot of proof phone calls, emails, chats, skype anr facetime calls, presents by him also we share a diary that we exchanged everytime whoever visited from his family.

ROC Packet sent: 08/17/17

NOA1: 08/21/17

Biometrics: 02/01/18

Green card received: 03/15/18

N-400 sent (online): 06/19/19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.