Hamzah and Amna

Never Met My Fiance

178 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She is in Pakistan, he is in Florida.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

yes we mentioned that we are cousins and I know this condition doesnt run in families being a doctor so, i am good at that point. If I get denied then idk what i am gonna do

ROC Packet sent: 08/17/17

NOA1: 08/21/17

Biometrics: 02/01/18

Green card received: 03/15/18

N-400 sent (online): 06/19/19

Timeline

yes i am the girl in Pakistan and my fiance lives in US (Florida)

Timeline

I didnt get it thats why we could never meet atleast I tried to visit him :(

Timeline

once I applied for B1/B2 along with my parents and I got denied on the fact that my fiance is in US he should apply for me, second time I applied for a clerkship in some hospital in Florida and I got approved so, I applied for B1 visa because it was hospitals requirement and again I was denied on the fact that I am definitely going for my fiance. Now what?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't know how you are going to be a doctor in America if you are having trouble understanding this.

You file for a K1 with a waiver because you have not met.

If you get approved, that is great.

If you get denied, you will have to meet in person if you want to get married in America and live here.

That is it.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

As someone mentioned earlier, why did you apply for a visitor's visa if your purpose of being in the US was for an internship? Did you get denied because you applied for the wrong visa? When you visit the US on a vistor's visa, it's very clear that you cannot work during your visit.

You should try to apply for a visa, and show ties that you plan to return to Pakistan once your visit is finished (a lease, proof of employment, things like that).

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Waivers are difficult, expensive and near impossible to get for not having met. There have only been two cases approved that I have seen, where petitioner and beneficiary never met. One was where the petitioner was bed ridden and could not travel at all, not even out of state, and the beneficiary tried to get a tourist visa several times and failed. Several times, not just once or twice.

The other was where their religion expressly forbid SEEING each other, even with family/ chaperone present.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Country: Moldova
Timeline

Sorry, it was confusing as to who was where...

You first applied for the tourist visa and denied because you has a fiance in the states. This is common, consular officer's response was standard. Since it seems you didn't know about the requirement to meet abd probably didn't tell the officer about his medical condition, then you should apply again, with all the documentation showing you will return AND the documentation showing the details of the medical condition that prevent you fiance from visiting you. Be clear you need to meet as a condition for the visa and why he can't visit you. It will only cost you $160 to try and will be a lot easier than the waiver.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Having a trail of denied visas behind you, being cousins, and having never met, the chance of denial is quite high.

Even if, somehow, USCIS approves the petition and you get an NOA 2, which is highly unlikely in itself, what's the interview going to be like?

The interviewing officer is going to see past attempts to get into the country, having never met each other, and you as an aspiring doctor are going to to US to do what, sit with him and knit while half a day of medical treatments are going on each and every day? Have you considered what life will actually be like if on the highly unlikely event you actually got the visa?

Edited by Avery Cates

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Timeline

If your finance is on a dialysis machine for 24/7 that means he is waiting on a kidney transplant. If that is the case than you'll may need to wait for the patient to be eligibly for the medical treatment. This may mean that you'll may have to make the decision to wait until the patient is healthy enough enter into the marriage

Filed: Timeline

Waivers are difficult, expensive and near impossible to get for not having met. There have only been two cases approved that I have seen, where petitioner and beneficiary never met. One was where the petitioner was bed ridden and could not travel at all, not even out of state, and the beneficiary tried to get a tourist visa several times and failed. Several times, not just once or twice.

The other was where their religion expressly forbid SEEING each other, even with family/ chaperone present.

Many years ago, someone linked to a database that had hundreds of waiver applications that had been submitted to the USCIS. Chances of the waiver being approved under extreme medical circumstances were actually pretty good as long as the petitioner provided comprehensive medical documentation by a doctor/medical team that stated why traveling anywhere was impossible (truly impossible -- there were some submissions for migraines, one for poorly managed schizophrenia...yikes...) and the beneficiary's failed attempts at a visitor's visa were also included.

Although 12 hours a day of non-perotineal (the OP mentions a "machine") dialysis is A LOT. Like, top of a transplant list lot. Does this guy have long to live? Is he transplant-eligible? The severity of his illness may help get a waiver but probably won't play in the beneficiary's favor for getting a visa...

They have been sticking to the criteria pretty closely lately. And while only a small percent of applications are represented here in VJ, in 6 years I have seen two. On the other hand, I have seen a great many who fail to gain the waiver.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.