Hamzah and Amna

Never Met My Fiance

178 posts in this topic

I never understood peoples comments and criticisms when people are trying to get a waiver to bring their hunni over.

Really its just a change in venue. I mean read all over VJ and you see women, men flying all over the world to meet and marry first visit (Yes I did it). So how is that different the beneficiary coming here and marrying first visit?. It's same thing but different venue.

People need to just stop. Shut up, help, not throw stones. I mean of all the websites in the world we should be the most caring and unified folk ever (Okay maybe I am too Pollyanna here) But dang can't we just believe Love is grand and sometimes it doesn't even makes sense. Life is a risk. (Okay speech over lunch time now)goofy.gif

God bless you dwheels76!!!

You took the words right outta my mouth.

Every VJ members has gone to hell and back to be with the one they love and have gone through the stress and hardship of immigration to be together. I would imagine a fair amount of VJ members formed a relationship and solid deep feelings with their significant others online before ever actually meeting.

I admit... I DID know my husband as a child... but he moved to America when I was 13 and I never heard from him again until I was 34. So in essence we were strangers. However we were engaged and in love before I flew to America to see him for the "first" time. Prior to flying out, I was ostracized by my co-workers, bullied and was referred to being "insane" on numerous occasions just because we had not met in person. I went home many times from work in tears. But I never doubted our love which is why, I guess, that particular post insulted me deeply. We have been in a relationship 3 years now, and recently celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary. Nothing insane with that.

That's my speech over with too!... also lunch time........goofy.gif

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, these folks have some challenges ahead!

Unfortunately, I'm a huge advocate of PD as it DOES enable people to live close to normal lives. I spent a YEAR travelling with my 16 year old son, and all his PD equipment. Suppliers can and will ship supplies to most any destination. You can drive and take your stuff with you. You can do the exchanges manually and don't need to plug in. We went hunting and had to warm the bags of fluid in our sleeping bags. It's as close to freedom as you get with kidney disease.

Hopefully whoever makes the final call on their case doesn't know this.

I agree, the petitioner maybe should consider a short trip to see his lovely fiancée, sounds like a great excuse for a romantic getaway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hopefully whoever makes the final call on their case doesn't know this.

wow.gif

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks again for support I really appreciate it , I'll be sure to fill you guys in with our status of the visa , but my fiancé (OP) doesn't want post on the forums anymore :( she felt disheartened by the response she got initially , and It made her cry :( but I'll still fill u guys in and post questions that may arise during the process.

As for her visiting halfway in third country, we always did want to do that but her schedule made it impossible to do it while in medical school and they didn't give her a long enough break. We tried one visiting visa which got denied and a b1 visa for an observer ship she could attend for her school credits which was also denied , so we did try just not in a third country.

ROC Packet sent: 08/17/17

NOA1: 08/21/17

Biometrics: 02/01/18

Green card received: 03/15/18

N-400 sent (online): 06/19/19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

but her schedule made it impossible to do it while in medical school

You may be denied...and you may not. If yes, the you might want to wait until the schooling is finished so she has the time to travel.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

She finished med school last week and is graduating within a month

ROC Packet sent: 08/17/17

NOA1: 08/21/17

Biometrics: 02/01/18

Green card received: 03/15/18

N-400 sent (online): 06/19/19

I admit... I DID know my husband as a child... but he moved to America when I was 13 and I never heard from him again until I was 34. So in essence we were strangers. However we were engaged and in love before I flew to America to see him for the "first" time. Prior to flying out, I was ostracized by my co-workers, bullied and was referred to being "insane" on numerous occasions just because we had not met in person. I went home many times from work in tears. But I never doubted our love which is why, I guess, that particular post insulted me deeply. We have been in a relationship 3 years now, and recently celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary. Nothing insane with that.

Not dissimilar to our story.

We met in 1991 but it was not the right time in either of our lives to start a relationship with each other.

We re-met via Facebook late in 2011. He asked me to marry him just six days later and I flew out to spend 2 weeks with him around six months later. He got down on one knee with a ring in the Chicago O'Hare airport parking lot on that visit. My best friend tried to persuade me not to go - she said 'How well do you really know this man?'. Many of my work colleagues thought I was 'insane' to take this 'risk'.

We have had plenty of challenges in the last two years - some to do with immigration and some to do with the strangeness of conducting a relationship across 4000 miles. And we now have further challenges as my now husband battles bladder cancer. But I have never, ever regretted saying 'yes' to his proposal. He is 65 and I am 51 - and I can't believe how happy we are in our relationship. It goes from strength to strength.

You may not be physically together but communication technology nowadays mean that you can almost feel like you are physically together.

To the OP - or just now to her fiance who is still in this thread. I wish you the very best in your live together. I am sure that you will make this work somehow and you will be together whatever it takes.

Not dissimilar to our story.

We met in 1991 but it was not the right time in either of our lives to start a relationship with each other.

We re-met via Facebook late in 2011. He asked me to marry him just six days later and I flew out to spend 2 weeks with him around six months later. He got down on one knee with a ring in the Chicago O'Hare airport parking lot on that visit. My best friend tried to persuade me not to go - she said 'How well do you really know this man?'. Many of my work colleagues thought I was 'insane' to take this 'risk'.

We have had plenty of challenges in the last two years - some to do with immigration and some to do with the strangeness of conducting a relationship across 4000 miles. And we now have further challenges as my now husband battles bladder cancer. But I have never, ever regretted saying 'yes' to his proposal. He is 65 and I am 51 - and I can't believe how happy we are in our relationship. It goes from strength to strength.

You may not be physically together but communication technology nowadays mean that you can almost feel like you are physically together.

To the OP - or just now to her fiance who is still in this thread. I wish you the very best in your live together. I am sure that you will make this work somehow and you will be together whatever it takes.

Anna... your story nearly brought me to tears!

So very similar to mine its scary! we reconnected on FB in 2011 also. I waited 9 months before flying to America to visit for 2 weeks, but like your husband, my husband proposed within weeks of us reconnecting on FB. He made it official when we met in person with a diamond ring.

Sending prayers your way and wishing your husband a full recovery with his battle. You deserve many more years of happiness together.

Thanks again for support I really appreciate it , I'll be sure to fill you guys in with our status of the visa , but my fiancé (OP) doesn't want post on the forums anymore sad.png she felt disheartened by the response she got initially , and It made her cry sad.png but I'll still fill u guys in and post questions that may arise during the process.

As for her visiting halfway in third country, we always did want to do that but her schedule made it impossible to do it while in medical school and they didn't give her a long enough break. We tried one visiting visa which got denied and a b1 visa for an observer ship she could attend for her school credits which was also denied , so we did try just not in a third country.

I feel her. When I first posted on this forum. It's not very welcoming either. I complaint it to my fiancé and then I learned from all the problems people posted judging me and saying that I will not get approved. I am siting here approved and be flying in 2 weeks. Stay strong. Keep up with this forums and learn from the bad comments. Haters are always out there to get you.

secret7vf.gif

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I feel her. When I first posted on this forum. It's not very welcoming either. I complaint it to my fiancé and then I learned from all the problems people posted judging me and saying that I will not get approved. I am siting here approved and be flying in 2 weeks. Stay strong. Keep up with this forums and learn from the bad comments. Haters are always out there to get you.

secret7vf.gif

What was the basis of your waiver application?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You are totally fine! As a Pakistani there is a low % of visiting before a k1 visa. Since your fiance cant travel just show the medical records

no they are not totally fine. The REQUIREMENT is that they have met at least once within 2 years of filing the petition, they have not. If you don;t know the correct answer to something it's best to not say anything at all. You are misleading people and giving them false hope.

You are totally fine! As a Pakistani there is a low % of visiting before a k1 visa. Since your fiance cant travel just show the medical records

Your making me want to tear my hair out. Pease don't provide false information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we applied through the lawyer he didnt say anything regarding this problem that we never met even we didnt have this in mind till I read that everyone met and was asked for pictures :(

internship thing is over it was last year now i am a graduate. For now we have applied for K1. My fiance lives in Florida and I had an accommodation at his place as were related his dad is my uncle

I don't think they will issue a visa to people who are related to each other?

Wow. So many judgmental and negative people on here.

The waiver exists to be used in cases like this. None of us know what will happen at the USCIS or consulate stages. It is foolish to say they will definitely be denied. I for one think they have a good case for not having met. Please don't discount the OP's fiancé's medical condition when he is basically telling us he cannot travel. No, not even to Mexico.

Hamzah and Amna, good luck to you both! Keep us posted!

Edited by Zergrush

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.