yailukmuu

I'm terrified--USCIS is giving a blatant scammer a GC and I don't seem to be able to stop them

103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I’m scared sick. I am trying to prevent my wife who clearly scammed me, leaving hours after receipt by USCIS of the Adjustment of Support, to move to Arizona to be with her illegal sister there. She left on January 8th 35 days after our marriage, just hours after USCIS notice of acceptance of Adjustment of Status, never to return. No tears, no explanation--just a calm "thank you," (ticket waiting at the airport send by illegal sister in AZ)

On January 15th I wrote USCIS at NBC, PO Box 648002, Lee’s Summit, MO 64002 asking to withdraw support for pending I-485 application. Sent by traceable mail.

On January 27th, I did an Infopass meeting and handed papers to the agent asking to withdraw my Affidavit of Support. Agent said this will stop the process.

Now:

Today Case Status Flipped to : “On February 21, 2014, we ordered production of your new card.

These jerks are going to give this scammer a GC and I do not seem to be able to stop them.

I will do another Infopass, though the site is now down. Would someone please tell me which option to use in this case?

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following -

Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Just what I need, to be financially responsible for a blatant scammer for a decade. If this happens it’s a death sentence for me. I could not bear such injustice.

Nightmare upon nightmare.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Edited by yailukmuu

Timeline

That isn't nice at all! What a heartless woman!

You should do all the things needed to be done.

You have my support for that..

AOS

7-25-2014 - Sent off the packet I-485 && I-765

7-29-2014 - Recieved NOA's

8-25-2014 - Appointment letter Received (Biometrics) Dated for 8/29/14

8-27-2014 - Early Walk-in SUCCESSFUL!

10-3-2014 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION!!

10-9-2014 - EAD has been Mailed - IN TRANSIT!

10-11-2014 - EAD Received!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Let it go.

The I 864 does not in practice cover much.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Shouldn't the green card come to you in your mailbox?

If you get it, send it back to USCIS with an abandonment paper.

That should be all there is to it.

Edited by jyaku

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Timeline

I did find the answer to my question and the choice is none of the above.

There is a prior screen and I must choose: "Talk to an agent," so I have a meeting Monday.

Can anyone tell me why this is occurring?

The original case was MSN19400XXX6

When I check case status now I now see: MSN19400XXX7 This one now reads: "...We ordered production of your new card."

Note: Their system is down now so I can't go back and look at the XX6

Do case numbers change?

My letter and in hand documents addressed MSN------------6, How is it that there is now an MSN-----------7?

Let it go.

The I 864 does not in practice cover much.

Boiler...........let it go? If I withdraw my Affidavit of Support---which I am allowed to do BEFORE the GC is sent-------I'm off the hook.

Otherwise I am financially responsible for this scammer for the next decade!

In this case the I-864 and it's withdrawal is crucial.

Timeline

Shouldn't the green card come to you in your mailbox?

If you get it, send it back to USCIS with an abandonment paper.

That should be all there is to it.

Thank you jyaku, but a woman smart enough to scam me so adroitly has undoubtedly changed her address with USCIS. And there is no such thing as an "abandonment paper."

There is withdrawal, as allowed, ONLY if withdrawn before the GR is issued.

What we have here is seemingly through incompetence, USCIS, by inaction is aiding and abetting a scammer.

Filed: Timeline

I suggest doing 1 thing to lose your stress.

Forget about the girl.

Sell your home/ car/ everything for whatever you can get for it, now before you get into a divorce court proceeding.

Move to a country with low cost of living, and file again only after living with the girl for a few years and make sure she has no friends/ relatives overseas.

It might sound comical but this is what I did.. in 2006 I was nearly scammed like you were and I managed to get out of it, move overseas and managed to find me someone who doesn't care much about a green card (much less speak English).

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sound advice, be fully prepared and be quick like the wind.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were erroneous VAWA filings against you already though.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You need to read the I 864, you misunderstand what you signed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I did find the answer to my question and the choice is none of the above.

There is a prior screen and I must choose: "Talk to an agent," so I have a meeting Monday.

Can anyone tell me why this is occurring?

The original case was MSN19400XXX6

When I check case status now I now see: MSN19400XXX7 This one now reads: "...We ordered production of your new card."

Note: Their system is down now so I can't go back and look at the XX6

Do case numbers change?

My letter and in hand documents addressed MSN------------6, How is it that there is now an MSN-----------7?

When you apply for AOS, EAD and AP each get their own case number and they are usually consecutive. Did she apply for the EAD? Maybe you are looking at the approval for the EAD not the GC. Check the NOA1s for what was submitted if you have them. Case numbers don't change as far as I know.

When you apply for AOS, EAD and AP each get their own case number and they are usually consecutive. Did she apply for the EAD? Maybe you are looking at the approval for the EAD not the GC. Check the NOA1s for what was submitted if you have them. Case numbers don't change as far as I know.

Agreed. This is probably just the EAD card, based on the timing and the receipt number.

OP, keep your appointment for Monday since you have not received confirmation that the I-864 has been withdrawn, but try to relax a little until then.

Edited by jenafid

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I agree with advice above, when I filed AOS for my husband, we filed and got 3 different numbers, one for EAD (ability to work), one for ability to travel and the 3rd for the actual green card application. the work and travel were approved in 63 days but the GC took over 8 months. biometrics appt was 5/24/13, he got work and travel permits 6/29/13 but didn't get his GC until 1/6/14, definitely keep your Monday appt and double, triple verify that your support information has been withdrawn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.