869 posts in this topic

You should receive your biometrics notice a week or two after your NOA1. My NOA 1 was on February 21, and I received the Biometrics letter March 4th. Our appointment was scheduled for March 20th, but we did a successful walk-in on March 5th with no problems.

My biometrics appointment is tomorrow, yay!

I would have liked to do a walk in to get the process moving faster but our appointment is in a city two hours away and we didn't feel like chancing it.

AOS:

Green Card Received in 168 Days

ROC

06/17/2016: ROC Mailed via USPS Express in Large Flate-Rate Box to Vermont Service Center (P.O. Box)

06/18/2016: ROC Delivered by USPS

06/22/2016: Check Cashed

06/24/2016: NOA1 Received Dated 06/20/2016

07/09/2016: ASC Appointment Notice Received Dated 07/02/2016 & Scheduled 07/21/2016

07/21/2016: Biometrics Successfully Completed (Birmingham)

05/18/2017: InfoPass Appointment - 1-Year Extension Stamp Received

06/06/2017: ROC Approval Letter Received Dated 05/30/2017

06/14/2017: Green Card Delivered!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So I get the NOA1 in mail for I130, I485 and I765 today, notice date is 26th Feb 2014. Such a relief, I have been so stresses that it took so long. Checked the status online, it says initial review for I130 and i765, acceptance for I485. At least it gets moving.:)

Day1: 2014/02/19: AOS package sent

Day6: 2014/02/24: USCIS got my package

Day16: 2014/03/06: hard copy of NOA1 for I130,485 and 765 arrived. Dated 26 Feb tho.

Day18: 2014/03/08: hard copy biometric appointment letter arrived. Appoinment on the 24th March.

Timeline

I never get notice by mail or text, just hard copy today even i did fill the request for it. So for those who are still waiting, it will come soon, don't worry! Cheers!

Day16: 2014/03/06: hard copy of NOA1 for I130,485 and 765 arrived. Dated 26 Feb tho.

Day18: 2014/03/08: hard copy biometric appointment letter arrived. Appoinment on the 24th March.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I never get notice by mail or text, just hard copy today even i did fill the request for it. So for those who are still waiting, it will come soon, don't worry! Cheers!

Same thing with me, I was checking my cellphone and my mail constantly and never got anything until the hard copy arrived couple of days a go.

Good luck!!!

AOS Timeline:

02/15/14 : Sent

02/25/14 : Checks cashed

03/03/14 : NOA1 Hard Copy & Biometrics appointment Received for 03/20/14

03/11/14: Walk in Biometrics succesfull

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My timeline AOS, AP & EAD

2/19/2014- Packet sent

2/24/2014- Uscis received

2/26/2014- e-notification and cheque encashed

3/3/2014- 3pcs of NOA received by mail

still waiting for my biometrics schedule.. :)

Done with biometrics today. :)

Edited by mitchyyy
AOS/EAD TIMELINE
  • Feb 4----Sent package
  • Feb 7----Delivered
  • Feb 11---Received text/ email receipt number
  • Feb 15---Received NOA1 hardcopy
  • Feb 24---Received biometrics appt
  • Mar 7----Biometrics
  • Mar 18--AOS status to testing & interview
  • --EAD still initial review
  • Apr 3----AOS status changed to appt. interview on May 8
  • Apr 9----EAD change to card/document production
  • Apr 16---Received EAD card
  • May 8---Interview for AOS
  • May 8---Status changed to card production
  • Post Decision
  • May 9---Card Production again
  • May 14--Card mailed
  • USPS pick up card
  • May 15--Received Green Card!!!
STEPCHILD PETITION TIMELINE
  • Apr 20------------Sent I-130 thru Fed Ex
  • Apr 24------------Received a text and email from uscis
  • Petition send to Nebraska Center
  • Apr 30------------Received NOA1 hardcopy
  • July 28----------- RFE
  • Sept 26----------- Sent RFE
  • Sept 28----------- Received RFE
  • Oct 7---------------Received Notif that my Case Approved
  • Oct 13------------- Received Hardcopy Noa2
  • Oct 21------------- Received email from USCIS sent to NVC
  • Oct 28-------------NVC received the papers from USCIS
  • Nov 19------------ Got the case number and invoice
  • Paid AOS fee
  • Nov 24------------AOS show paid and received an email from NVC
  • Paid IV Fee​
  • Dec. 4------------ Sent Civil Documents to NVC
  • Dec. 7------------ NVC received the documents
  • Dec. 10-----------NVC emailed that they received the document​
  • Jan. 15 -----------Case Complete​
  • Jan. 22 -----------Received email that my case is complete and i have to wait for the interview schedule :(
  • Feb. 3 -------------Rceived email of interview letter
  • Mar. 7------------Interview
  • ​Mar. 8------------Ready
  • ​Mar. 11-----------Issued
  • ​Mar. 14-----------Issued change date
  • ​Mar. 17-----------Pick Up Visa
  • ​Mar.18-----------CFO
  • ​Mar.24-----------POE (SFO)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• Feb 16- Sent Package to USPS
  • Feb 18- Delivered
  • Feb 22- Received NOA1
  • ​Feb 26- Biometrics Letter​
  • ​Mar29- Finger Print
  • Aug 31- Ask for Service Request
  • Sept 1- Ordered a new card!
  • Sept 10- Received Green Card on Mail

Timeline

3/7/2014 received my biometrics schedule ? it will be on the 24th of march

3/7/2014 received my biometrics schedule ? it will be on the 24th of march

Hey, we are preety much in the same timeline. I got my biometric appoiment on the 24th too.:)

I'm wondering should I try to get it done earlier by walkin but it's 1 and a half hour drive from where I live so I don't really want to risk being refused...

Same thing with me, I was checking my cellphone and my mail constantly and never got anything until the hard copy arrived couple of days a go.

Good luck!!!

Thanks butterball! Wish u luck too. Got my biometric appoiment scheduled on the 24th March. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey, we are preety much in the same timeline. I got my biometric appoiment on the 24th too.:)

I'm wondering should I try to get it done earlier by walkin but it's 1 and a half hour drive from where I live so I don't really want to risk being refused...

Thanks butterball! Wish u luck too. Got my biometric appoiment scheduled on the 24th March. :)

It depends on the place where you're going to have your biometrics, i live in san jose ca, they said that it's very strict here so ill just follow my appointment.. And having the biometrics earlier will not make the process faster.

Timeline

It depends on the place where you're going to have your biometrics, i live in san jose ca, they said that it's very strict here so ill just follow my appointment.. And having the biometrics earlier will not make the process faster.

Thanks for the advice! So it just gonna follow the appt, I live in Washington and I can't have my driving license until having my I765 approved, don't want husband have to waste time driving me there. :)

Good luck to you!:)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Got my Bio-metrics appointment letter today. Its for this Friday the 14th March. The letter was generated on 24th Feb, 2014 and it arrived today on 8th March, 2014. USPS is crazy. Hopefully my wife gets Friday off from work otherwise I have to walk 2 and half hours to reach there..cray5ol.gif

Timeline from B2 Visa:

02/12/14: I-130, I-485 and I-765 Mailed Concurrently via USPS Express Mail to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/14: Delivery Confirmation Received via USPS Website

02/20/14: Text & Email Notifications Received and Payment Processed

02/25/14: NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/08/14: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received and Scheduled for 03/14/14 in Denver, CO.

03/14/14: Will go for bio-metrics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I sent my AOS package on February 7th and already got a RFE. I don't wanna complain but wasn't that

pretty fast? Or does the long wait start after USCIS is through with it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.