azar

Things went wrong....How do I get her out of my house

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Take all her stuff and put it outside, change the locks and tell her you are not putting up with her being mean and rude. I don't think you can send her back, being she didn't come with a receipt but you can make her leave. Tell her to screw.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Take all her stuff and put it outside, change the locks and tell her you are not putting up with her being mean and rude. I don't think you can send her back, being she didn't come with a receipt but you can make her leave. Tell her to screw.

That would be about the stupidest thing he could possibly do. She is legally entitled to live in that house and if he tries to illegally evict her it will bite him in the ### in divorce proceedings.

07/14/2012: Eloped in Texas Hill Country
08/11/2012: Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
08/13/2012: Package received by Chicago Lockbox
08/14/2012: Priority Date
08/17/2012: Notice of receipt sent
08/21/2012: Biometrics appointment notice sent
08/27/2012: Walk-in biometrics completed
09/19/2012: Interview scheduled for October 26
10/24/2012: EAD production ordered
10/26/2012: Interview in San Antonio. AOS approved!
11/5/2012: USCIS claims green card delivered, nothing in mailbox.
12/5/2012: Service request filed for non-delivered green card.
12/7/2012: Service request replied to (but not delivered).
1/4/2013: Filed I-90, paid another $450
1/24/2013: Biometrics again...
4/1/2013: First Green Card from November finally arrived...

4/22/2013: Replacement Green Card arrived.

8/9/2014: Filed I-751

8/14/2014: Received NOA for I-751

3/12/2015: ROC Approved!

7/18/2016: Sent in N-400 to Texas lockbox

7/21/2016: N-400 delivered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP appears to be a long-time VJ member. He's had plenty of response to consider. Let's let him come back before accusing him of anything or repeating advice already given.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

The OP appears to be a long-time VJ member. He's had plenty of response to consider. Let's let him come back before accusing him of anything or repeating advice already given.

Good advice. I'll give some advice not already given.

Wangari Maathai, the Nobel Peace Prize winner, said "The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now." Yes, azar has been on here for close to four years. And he and Marivel have been living together for about a year and a half. But I don't see any posts before this one! Waiting until things are bad enough (or seem so after a few drinks, perhaps) to make one post this sort of rant is obviously far less desirable than seeking advice much earlier. But at least he's asked now - better late than never.

Second, I am sure there are plenty of us on here who - especially early on - had days whether both partners thought "my god, what have I gotten myself into?!" Our previous lives on opposite sides of the world (or whatever) didn't really give us the time to get to know each other, each other's cultures, and each other's surroundings, all that well. Sometimes the process is delayed a couple months, as it was for azar - and for us. I certainly remember some conversations along the lines of "well, yes, you told me what your life was like, in detail, but I didn't think you were serious." It can take a lot of time to really sort things out. If the first six months were okay, then the next six months were worse, and the six months after that even worse, then things may not be going in the right direction. But if things are gradually improving, I'd say work at it.
Finally, if you are going to work at it, instead of lawyering up, seek advice or counsel, not just on here, but from marriage and family counselors, therapists, priests, other people you know who've been married a long time, etc.
Edited by HI-UG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where or where did Azar go...or where oh where can he be???? You guys all fell for it.... He dropped a seed and is laughing watching it grow...like this.....rofl.gif

I said almost the exact same thing 13 posts ago... jest.gif

Brett & Annaliza

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent: 1/21/2014

I-129F NOA1: 1/30/2014

I-129F NOA2: 2/12/2014

NVC Recieved: 2/18/2014

NVC Left: 2/18/2014

Consulate Received: 3/07/2014

Interview: 6/26/2014

Approved: 6/26/2014

Visas Received: 7/3/2014

Seriously?

Sure, you could file a report, but it would be frivolous and the police would do absolutely nothing about it.

As far as the police will be concerned, the phone is communal property and she has every right to the cell phone as he does. She can take his wallet … sell the car … empty the contents of the home … get rid of the clothes he wears … etc. There is no theft between spouses as far as the law is concerned (assuming there are no Orders of the Court in place protecting one's self or assets).

Interestingly, if the phone was acquired prior to marriage and used solely by one spouse, then that spouse may be able to claim it as pre-marital property during the division of assets in a divorce, but the police aren't going to be concerned with that #######.

My colleague at work had to file a police report for a stolen phone in order to get her insurance company to pay out for a new one. That would be one reason for doing it.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Timeline

My colleague at work had to file a police report for a stolen phone in order to get her insurance company to pay out for a new one. That would be one reason for doing it.

If it was taken by a spouse, then it wasn't stolen.

My ex-wife broke three of the windows of our home after she had moved out but before I had a Court Order keeping her out - and my insurance company refused to pay … why? … because they were her windows too and she broke them intentionally, which was her right.

Could have secured the payout if I just reported that they were broken and I didn't know who had done it … but that would have been dishonest.

Edited by novedsac

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why does he 'have' to leave? He has as much right to stay in the marital home as she has.

Well, he wouldn't have to leave. But he can't make her either. You are right- they both equally have the right to stay in the marital house. So if he does not want to be in the same house with her, he would have to leave. At least until something got worked out down the road with the divorce, etc....

Lara

heart.gif "You will never be completely at home again,

because part of your heart will always be elsewhere.

That is the price you pay for the richness of loving

and knowing more than one place." España heart.gif

you didnt see this coming before you got her the GC????

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

If the locks are changed and she's still legally his wife is she not allowed to call a locksmith and change them as well?

To the OP: if it is 'marriage fraud' - and if you have proof - report her, if it is 'marriage failure' - either get couples counseling or file for a divorce. If it was a marriage entered in good faith by both of you you have no business sending her back. Divorce, split assets, move on.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

2) People are not commodities to be "sent back" if you don't like them.

We can always count on a bad-intentioned poster making this infantile comment. People are not commodities? Really? What tremendous insight into humanity. Since he said no such thing, the only purpose of saying this is to kick someone that is already down.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.