azar

Things went wrong....How do I get her out of my house

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Things have been if'y from the start....I tried and tried and now that she received her 2 year green card on Jan 11th She is unbeariable.....I am sad, crushed and broken hearted but she has to be sent back or removed from my house..... she took my cell phone and is ruining my life and business.....

No one seems to know what to do or advise me.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So if things were iffy from the start why did you go through the rest of the process? And you haven't really said she did anything bad...you said she took away your cell phone and is ruining your life and your business,how so? If she took your phone just replace it and transfer your number to your new phone, I still don't get how taking away ones cell phone can ruin them...I hope you find away to sort things out though....good luck

Filed: Timeline

Find two or three immigration/family law attorneys and make an appointment. The first meeting is usually no-charge. If you truly want her out of your house you need to consider the implications that apply. You stated she just received her two year green card. This is a conditional green card and comes before you adjust status (AOS). If you've given up and see no hope there are several options you need to be aware of, and for this reason you need to talk to a lawyer right away.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Things have been if'y from the start....I tried and tried and now that she received her 2 year green card on Jan 11th She is unbeariable.....I am sad, crushed and broken hearted but she has to be sent back or removed from my house..... she took my cell phone and is ruining my life and business.....

First off go take your phone back.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

You can divorce her. You can not send her back - you have given her a GC! And, she is now a "conditional" LPR! What a web you have weaved so far...

You can divorce her. You can not send her back - you have given her a GC! And, she is now a "conditional" LPR! What a web you have weaved so far...

People are not conditional. A two year green card holder is a permanent resident just like a 10 year green card holder. The difference is they must remove conditions by proving they married for the marriage and not for immigration benefits.

OP Move out of the common residence and file for divorce if that is what you feel you need. You cannot send her back, and most likely, you cannot kick her out of the house unless she willingly goes. You can ask her to leave, but you can't force her to leave. The rest needs to to be solved in the divorce. It will be up to her to prove she married in good faith in order to remove conditions later. If she cannot, she will not get her 10 year green card.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Just because she took your cellphone off?..what are you a child?..

Sorry buddy, there must be something deeper than this that I did not understand...

"Things had been iffy from the start"...what?..are u just taking her here in US as a consolation price?

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Timeline

...dude ...what is the matter with you? ... grow a spine and take your phone back ... and if this this whole thinbg was a mistake, cut your losses and get out. If you are a man of means, I hope you were smart enough to have a prenup

Timeline

...not conditional? ... of course it is ... like you say yourslef, it is conditional on the fact that he/she married for marriage and not for immigration benefits ... that makes it

conditional

People are not conditional. A two year green card holder is a permanent resident just like a 10 year green card holder. The difference is they must remove conditions by proving they married for the marriage and not for immigration benefits.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits, from Philippines forum~~

~~A few post removed, please keep this thread serious, if you have nothing to contribute to the thread do no post~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

"Send her back"? She's not an Amazon delivery you didn't want.

Sounds like you have had a tough marriage, f you have exhausted all of the options to repair the marriage then you can file for divorce. Sounds like the first thing you need to do is to recover your phone though.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The immigration part of this is really secondary. Treat it just like any failed relationship. Do what's necessary to protect yourself, your business and your property. If you've decided the relationship is over, then start the process of ending the marriage. Consult a divorce attorney on the best course of action.

You shouldn't waste time worrying about your wife's immigration status at this point. Get yourself in a good situation first.

USCIS / VSC
3/08/2013: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
3/12/2013: NOA1 Issued
3/15/2013: NOA1 Received (VCS)

7/10/2013: Transferred to TCS

7/25/2013: RFE

7/31/2013: RFE Response Received
8/07/2013: NOA2

NVC

8/16/2013: Sent to NVC
8/21/2013: NVC received
8/26/2013: Case number

US Consulate Guangzhou

8/28/2013: P3
9/14/2013: P3 Sent
9/16/2013: P3 received by GUZ

9/24/2013: P4 received via email

10/22/2013: Interview - Approved

10/24/2013: Visa Issued

10/30/2013: Passport available for pickup.

USCIS California

6/17/2016 I-751 Sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.