miriny

Visa denied

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

wow.. Im having such a hard time understanding whay religious differences and recent divorce age difference that is not significant is such an issue?all these things are so common these days people meet online al the time.have video and phone time and if they meet in person once or twice why deny them if its a real relationship. we were denied the visa and told the application is under processing.We had SO MUCH PROOF!!! so I cant understand why they would have said they dont believe we are really in a relationship.Do you buy bedroom furniture with strangers?have 2 hour phone conversations daily? video chats a few times a week? Hes certainly not my business partner,,, My children even wrote him letters and drew him pictures telling him how much they cant wait until he is here.. so what is the issue??Im so confused by this stupid process..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

.We had SO MUCH PROOF!!! so I cant understand why they would have said they dont believe we are really in a relationship.Do you buy bedroom furniture with strangers?have 2 hour phone conversations daily? video chats a few times a week? Hes certainly not my business partner,,, My children even wrote him letters and drew him pictures telling him how much they cant wait until he is here.. so what is the issue??Im so confused by this stupid process..

Maybe you had a lot of evidences BUT when all put together it was not of sufficient content to convince the CO that you had a legitimate relationship worthy of having a visa issued for permanent immigration to the US.

They want quality not quantity.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Maybe you had a lot of evidences BUT when all put together it was not of sufficient content to convince the CO that you had a legitimate relationship worthy of having a visa issued for permanent immigration to the US.

They want quality not quantity.

what exactly would they want? our lawyer reviewed what we had and said it was more than enough.. now I see they look for different things in different places.I just hope we can do something still....hope they nask for more info or evidence..then Ill send letters from family who sent engagement presents,my mother will send a letter attesting to her plans for our ceremony and reception this summer.We wanted to do the legal thing 1st and when my family can get together at our family reunion we wanted to do the real wedding..He told the CO this.. she didnt seem to like that answer.. I had receipts for my bridal jwelry too..so really I ask what is quality.. and what the hell would someon be in such close contact with eachother if they arent in a real relationship??

Timeline

Yes, you do seem confused. It's easy to say, with privilege, that in the US, people are breaking norms and getting married and divorced, and age is but a number, etc. But in much of the rest of the world, that is not the case. In many places, these sorts of things are sources of shame, embarrassment, these sorts of marriages are not acceptable. So when you find someone from a traditional place suddenly want to marry someone who in their own country would be completely unsuitable as a partner, and in fact the only thing going for the person is that they are a US Citizen, then you should begin to wonder.

It is easy for scammers to prey on USCs and other western folks who don't realize this. Thus a consul who sees someone from a very traditional place, who has led a traditional life, suddenly find a woman online to marry, and this relationships is completely untraditional, it raises some eyebrows. Of course, this can be overcome with good evidence, but the beneficiary needs to prove they are not in the relationship just for a Greencard.

Do some research on lonely hearts scams and you will become better informed.

Also, if you fill in your country and timeline, people could help you. Good luck.

Edi: It is not about YOU, the USC, it is about the beneficiary. Showing that you got your kids to write cards to a stranger just makes you look like easy pickings for a scammer.

Meshugah,my own mother is an immigrant.My brothers wife is polish.. why would i think anything is strange about me wanting to marry someone from another country?My family didnt think this is strange at all.BTW We did not "suddenly" want to marry..it was over a year after knowing eachother we became engaged.

He wanted to live in India but I share joint custody with my x so it is not possible as of now.If he was a scammer i dont know why he would waste the time and effort and deal with all this hassel..we are a normal couple who has occasional misunderstandings, fights makeups and all..Its just long distance...I dont think the CO gets to decide if it will work out or not..besides.. a spouse can get a greencard revoked if they divorce..Its happened here many times in my area in Ny..

I didnt get my kids to write him..they do it because they speak with him regularly and see him as their stepdad..My parents call him their son in law.. he calls them mom and dad when they talk on the phone..My confusion isnt because I am naive..Its because Im an AMERICAN citizen and expect the US Consuklate to follow american anti discrimination laws..

Edited by miriny

So good, start to look at your case from an outsider's perspective and plan accordingly. Consuls use local cultural norms and a "reasonable person" standard to evaluate cases. The COs don't decide if it will work or not, but they do decide if the parties are sincere, and they determine whether or not the relationship was entered into purely for immigration benefits.

The story I told was not about you; I don't know you or your case. It was just a theoretical story. I wasn't saying you suddenly decided to marry at all.

I don't know your fiance and I am sure he is a good person, but FYI, scammers will spend years and years at this, to get a GC. So the fact that anyone has been at it for a while doesn't mean anything. Scammers play a long game. And no, if they get divorced, the GC is not taken away. They can stay and bring over their real wife from home country. That is many scammers' plans.

Edit: Is the OP your fiance? If you want specific help from the forum, fill in your country, timeline, etc, and lay out the details of your case.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, who is this miriny person and what relationship are they to varunnn ?

absolutely love the thread crossing with the quiet hijaak. SCORE !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

what exactly would they want? our lawyer reviewed what we had and said it was more than enough.. now I see they look for different things in different places.I just hope we can do something still....hope they nask for more info or evidence..then Ill send letters from family who sent engagement presents,my mother will send a letter attesting to her plans for our ceremony and reception this summer.We wanted to do the legal thing 1st and when my family can get together at our family reunion we wanted to do the real wedding..He told the CO this.. she didnt seem to like that answer.. I had receipts for my bridal jwelry too..so really I ask what is quality.. and what the hell would someon be in such close contact with eachother if they arent in a real relationship??

The evidence you mention just proves that you are good at planning a wedding and pay attention to all the details. It does nothing to attest to the legitimacy of your relationship. Yes one would believe that spending time together to go over these details is a signal of a real relationship.....but then again.....it could also be a ruse by two people to circumvent immigration laws just to gain permanent entry to the US.

I'm just saying; I don't know your details. I do know that the COs are highly trained and that they usually don't go about denying folks unless they are good reason to. I do also know that certain countries have higher incidence of fraud and that certain Embassies key on different things (and seem to issue more denials) than others.

Maybe all this wedding pre-planning actually hurts your case because it seems presumptive that you'd actually be successful for the visa....if that makes any convoluted sense? All are told to make no plans or purchase any airplane tickets until you have the visa in hand.

I don't know the content of the evidence you provided but wedding planning does nothing to speak about the relationship. Your evidence obviously wasn't sufficient enough.

Maybe draft an "Evolution of Our Relationship" letter that describes how your relationship came into existence and how it blossomed into a real relationship and how the evidence describes the different steps of the evolution of a relationship that leads to marriage and the desire to remain that way.

Timeline

The evidence you mention just proves that you are good at planning a wedding and pay attention to all the details. It does nothing to attest to the legitimacy of your relationship. Yes one would believe that spending time together to go over these details is a signal of a real relationship.....but then again.....it could also be a ruse by two people to circumvent immigration laws just to gain permanent entry to the US.

I'm just saying; I don't know your details. I do know that the COs are highly trained and that they usually don't go about denying folks unless they are good reason to. I do also know that certain countries have higher incidence of fraud and that certain Embassies key on different things (and seem to issue more denials) than others.

Maybe all this wedding pre-planning actually hurts your case because it seems presumptive that you'd actually be successful for the visa....if that makes any convoluted sense? All are told to make no plans or purchase any airplane tickets until you have the visa in hand.

I don't know the content of the evidence you provided but wedding planning does nothing to speak about the relationship. Your evidence obviously wasn't sufficient enough.

Maybe draft an "Evolution of Our Relationship" letter that describes how your relationship came into existence and how it blossomed into a real relationship and how the evidence describes the different steps of the evolution of a relationship that leads to marriage and the desire to remain that way.

I was told by our lawyer wedding plans are helpful to an Indian Embassy.They seem to only consider the relationship valid if you have plans there.They asked him a lot of questions about wedding plans..they actually wanted reciepts for our plans..dress,jewelry..etc.our"love story" was the evolution of our relationship.

Timeline

I was told by our lawyer wedding plans are helpful to an Indian Embassy.They seem to only consider the relationship valid if you have plans there.They asked him a lot of questions about wedding plans..they actually wanted reciepts for our plans..dress,jewelry..etc.our"love story" was the evolution of our relationship.

OK....but still there was something there....or something missing.....in your relationship evidence to cause the CO to deny the petition.

I'd focus on that and determine if you should refile after this case is closed or marry and then file CR-1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread split, it is better to start your own thread as the asking your questions in someone else's thread can become confusing for all.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

This is true of Indian consulates. I have seen many RFEs get issued to K-1 applicants regarding wedding plans.

To the OP, how much time have you spent with your fiance in person? The consulates in India do not consider time spent chatting on Skype or talking on the phone as equivalent to time spent physically together. How many trips have you made to India and what was the length of your trips?

Have you met his family? Do they approve of your relationship? Do you understand any Hindi? (or other regional Indian language?)

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

This is true of Indian consulates. I have seen many RFEs get issued to K-1 applicants regarding wedding plans.

To the OP, how much time have you spent with your fiance in person? The consulates in India do not consider time spent chatting on Skype or talking on the phone as equivalent to time spent physically together. How many trips have you made to India and what was the length of your trips?

Have you met his family? Do they approve of your relationship? Do you understand any Hindi? (or other regional Indian language?)

I agree time face to face in real life is key. My husband and I had many red flags, but we spent a tremendous amount of time physically together. Between the time we filed the I130 and the interview was 7 months, out of those 7 months alone I took 4 trips and spent 4 months with him in his country. I too have children who I have custody of, but I found a way to be with my husband. As others have said you can send as many chats, and receipts and wedding plans as you want, they want to see more of a commitment. Anyone can sit behind a computer or talk on a phone for hours each day. I am not trying to say that what you have isn't real, you have to be realistic and look at it from the CO's perspective. India is a high fraud country, it's a fact, they need more solid proof. Instead of being defensive( we are only trying to help you see the reality of it)you need to take a step back and re- evaluate everything and decide whether or not you will continue on the track of k1 or return to India, marry him there and file an i130 for a cr1. Either way you need to spend more time with him in real life if you plan to be successful. I wish you both the best. Edited by mimolicious

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We wanted to do the legal thing 1st and when my family can get together at our family reunion we wanted to do the real wedding..He told the CO this.. she didnt seem to like that answer.. I had receipts for my bridal jwelry too..so really I ask what is quality.. and what the hell would someon be in such close contact with eachother if they arent in a real relationship??

This here is the issue ^^. and I can attest to this. Seen it so many times for Nigeria and other places and have talked to couples denied because what the CO is concluding is you are undecided.

Your lawyer should have known better.

The "I want them to meet my kids first thats why we did a K1" won't file shows undecisiveness. I want my family to know them all that no way. People need to stop using the K1 as a meet and greet the family. You have 90ndays immigration wants to see "we are getting married soonest they get here we love each other. We will go back blah blh to their country and get married.

You are divorced with kids. I assume you are at least 10 years older than your husband?

I ask because I have really done some research and older women younger men K1's are hard to come by. Think like a CO "why is a older woman playing the finacee' game when she is grown don't she know what she wants."

I urge you to look at what you submitted through a CO's eyes. Stop the can't they see we are in love. They don't know you dear.

And yes someone in a fake, fraud marriage will but and do anything to keep up the facade. Whole families have been hired to stand in and deceive a petitioner. So whats buying furniture. No big deal.

Think like a CO. Does your lawyer even know your embassy or they just a immigration lawyer.

My suggestion (since your K1 will be returned and expired) is to go to India and marry and file a I-130. Right now you could maybe be approved in a few months and have him home by summer.

Sorry this all happen but its just a delay.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

OK....but still there was something there....or something missing.....in your relationship evidence to cause the CO to deny the petition.

I'd focus on that and determine if you should refile after this case is closed or marry and then file CR-1.

If there was something missing they could have asked and we would have provided.. getting married in India is not a quick thing.I would have to leave my job and children for almost 2 months..she made a huge issue out of his and my religion...

This here is the issue ^^. and I can attest to this. Seen it so many times for Nigeria and other places and have talked to couples denied because what the CO is concluding is you are undecided.

Your lawyer should have known better.

The "I want them to meet my kids first thats why we did a K1" won't file shows undecisiveness. I want my family to know them all that no way. People need to stop using the K1 as a meet and greet the family. You have 90ndays immigration wants to see "we are getting married soonest they get here we love each other. We will go back blah blh to their country and get married.

You are divorced with kids. I assume you are at least 10 years older than your husband?

I ask because I have really done some research and older women younger men K1's are hard to come by. Think like a CO "why is a older woman playing the finacee' game when she is grown don't she know what she wants."

I urge you to look at what you submitted through a CO's eyes. Stop the can't they see we are in love. They don't know you dear.

And yes someone in a fake, fraud marriage will but and do anything to keep up the facade. Whole families have been hired to stand in and deceive a petitioner. So whats buying furniture. No big deal.

Think like a CO. Does your lawyer even know your embassy or they just a immigration lawyer.

My suggestion (since your K1 will be returned and expired) is to go to India and marry and file a I-130. Right now you could maybe be approved in a few months and have him home by summer.

Sorry this all happen but its just a delay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.