Just_Me00

Second AP - After 8 months of Initial AP - Please help!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Please help! We are beyond depressed and considering giving up soon since it has been over 20 months (since March 2012) since we applied for the visa. We can't believe that we are in this situation after we finally thought the end of this journey was near for us. Here is what happened:

My fiance had his interview on January 10, 2013 and was placed in Administrative Processing. We finally got the call that we were waiting so anxiously for over 8 months later, on September 3, 2013, informing him that his case was complete and to submit a new medical report and police report since the initial ones had expired. He quickly completed both documents and sent them to the US embassy in Cairo on September 14, 2013. The documents were received by the embassy on September 15 and our case date on CEAC was updated. Since September 15, 2013, our date has not been updated on CEAC and I decided to contact my Senator for help on November 5. My Senator inquired on my behalf and received the following information from the US embassy in Cairo:

"According to our records, new information became available at the time of adjudicating Mr. ------'s visa. This information stipulates that our office obtains a new administrative processing for him. New administrative processing may be requested for a second time after an initial one.

While we understand the personal inconvenience that the present process can cause, we are certain that your constituent will agree that we must exercise due diligence in ensuring that US national security is enhanced, not compromised, by our visa processing. We strongly recommend that Mr. ----- continues to check our website for a status update on the case.

We hope the above information is helpful in responding to your constituent's inquiry."

What new information could they possibly have when they have had his passport since his interview and he hasn't traveled outside the country? Has anyone been in this situation before? What should we do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Was your fiance ever involved in any political rioting? It could be something like that , or maybe his name is the same as someone involved in something along that line. It really can be anything, and you will probably never know unless they deny him. Keep positive thoughts that this will pass quickly!! I don't think there is anything you can do but wait , unfortunately. So sorry for your situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

It may not be hime personally. Every day thousands of names are added to the terrorist watch list. If a name similar to his was added then they have to check that before issuing the visa. The good news is they only have to check the new names/information this time so it shouldn't take long. Hang in there, it will end.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear this but with the volatile political situation in Egypt at the moment, it's just not a surprise, unfortunately. I really feel for you; I know this all seems so random and unfair. I was a bit surprised my husband wasn't put into AP; we are both Muslim but converts and he is from Jamaica which of course is a Christian-majority country. I will keep you guys in my prayers; it's very hard when you are just wanting to start your lives together and there are so many stumbling blocks.

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel your pain sister! waiting is no fun especially when we thing the process is almost over! My advise to you guys is to be patient and wait! Hopefully it will be quick! Don't give up! and in chaa Allah, when this is all over, it will be just a souvenir!!!!!!

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My question is, why would you give up? That isn't going to bode well with the embassy if they find out you are ready to give up before he even arrives. If you think AP is difficult, how difficult do you think moving to a new country, getting married, learning a new culture and everything about it will be? Trust me, AP will end, we went through it. The real work begins after he arrives, and every minute of waiting is worth it. That is, if you are even WILLING to wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your support! It has been a really difficult journey for us and we cannot wait for the day that it will be over and we can finally be together!

My fiance was not involved in any protests or any political activity at all.

Mimolicious - When I mentioned giving up, I meant regarding the visa, not our relationship. We just want to start our life together and are tired of being separated. We have been extremely patient despite having applied in March 2012 and being in AP for over 8 months. To be placed in AP again after getting the approval call is extremely depressing and worrisome. Also, we are ready for all the things that come after AP and have talked about it extensively in the last year or so while we have been waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husband was in AP 16 months before our visa was denied. We appealed and won and our case was sent back to the embassy for another interview. We have been in AP again for another 16 months.

I understand your pain but 8 months is not that long compared to what some couples are facing. Hang on and be strong. Sounds like they want to give him the visa they

just need to do a little more checking.

Filed: Timeline

My question is, why would you give up? That isn't going to bode well with the embassy if they find out you are ready to give up before he even arrives. If you think AP is difficult, how difficult do you think moving to a new country, getting married, learning a new culture and everything about it will be? Trust me, AP will end, we went through it. The real work begins after he arrives, and every minute of waiting is worth it. That is, if you are even WILLING to wait...

You are absolutely freaking right on.

Folks, USCIS/DOS is a piece of cake. The real work started upon the arrival of my Wife. I thought I was prepared (8 months to be prepared) but I wasn't.

My advice is for folks waiting is to use the time constructively.

In this case I believe that the AP will end favorably since the first one ended so. Be positive, ensure that your Husband is following a straight path still.

Wishing you good luck, you're almost there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your support! It has been a really difficult journey for us and we cannot wait for the day that it will be over and we can finally be together!

My fiance was not involved in any protests or any political activity at all.

Mimolicious - When I mentioned giving up, I meant regarding the visa, not our relationship. We just want to start our life together and are tired of being separated. We have been extremely patient despite having applied in March 2012 and being in AP for over 8 months. To be placed in AP again after getting the approval call is extremely depressing and worrisome. Also, we are ready for all the things that come after AP and have talked about it extensively in the last year or so while we have been waiting.

Even so, 8 months in the whole scheme of things isn't long to wait. There are many who have waited much longer and are still waiting. I have a friend whose husband is from Egypt, after they filed their I-130, she returned to the US she found out she was pregnant, she went through the entire pregnancy and birth alone here in the US, got the approval for the I-130 3 months after the birth only to go to the interview and her husband was put in AP, that was 14 months ago. She decided to move to Cairo to wait it out with their daughter, but never once have I ever heard her say she wanted to give up. If you truly love each other, you need to be patient and remember in the end it is 100% worth the wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i file in march/13 then he had inter view he answer ever thing right but they sent it back to uscis from morocco it finally got there sept 12/12 they i call they said morocco wanted them to review over and u have to alowed 120 days well its been pass 120 its been over 1 y an 4 monyhs so uscis sent me this? please give 30 to review and find out where its been ok its been 32 days now? i call they sqy the sqme thing its bees to be look at ?U.S. Department of Homeland Security

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER
75 LOWER WELDEN STREET
SAINT ALBANS,VT 05479

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Thursday, October 24, 2013

Emailed to SHYGIRLNY33@AOL.COM

e:

On 10/22/2013 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I130

Filing date:
-- 06/07/2011

Receipt #:

Referral ID:

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

The Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) was returned to this office from the American Consulate and is currently pending review. Our office processes these cases as our resources and priorities allow. We are currently experiencing a rather large backlog in this type of case.

If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 1 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.

We hope this information is helpful to you

Edited by trust in God

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Please help! We are beyond depressed and considering giving up soon since it has been over 20 months (since March 2012) since we applied for the visa. We can't believe that we are in this situation after we finally thought the end of this journey was near for us. Here is what happened:

My fiance had his interview on January 10, 2013 and was placed in Administrative Processing. We finally got the call that we were waiting so anxiously for over 8 months later, on September 3, 2013, informing him that his case was complete and to submit a new medical report and police report since the initial ones had expired. He quickly completed both documents and sent them to the US embassy in Cairo on September 14, 2013. The documents were received by the embassy on September 15 and our case date on CEAC was updated. Since September 15, 2013, our date has not been updated on CEAC and I decided to contact my Senator for help on November 5. My Senator inquired on my behalf and received the following information from the US embassy in Cairo:

"According to our records, new information became available at the time of adjudicating Mr. ------'s visa. This information stipulates that our office obtains a new administrative processing for him. New administrative processing may be requested for a second time after an initial one.

While we understand the personal inconvenience that the present process can cause, we are certain that your constituent will agree that we must exercise due diligence in ensuring that US national security is enhanced, not compromised, by our visa processing. We strongly recommend that Mr. ----- continues to check our website for a status update on the case.

We hope the above information is helpful in responding to your constituent's inquiry."

What new information could they possibly have when they have had his passport since his interview and he hasn't traveled outside the country? Has anyone been in this situation before? What should we do?

Looks like something went wrong with the embassy in September (I have some doubts that as September is the due date for lottery cases and they need to close all of them, they called some family based cases by mistake) :S

I’m having a similar case (even worse), I had my interview on Jan 02, 2013 then AP then called me on Sep 18, 2013 asking for renewed medical test, I submitted it along with my passport (my passport was with me) on Sep 25 then I got my status changed to issued on Sep 26 but no passport received, I sent many emails to the embassy and the replies were confusing (while the case status is till issued), in one reply said you are still in AP, in another they said you visa is issued and you will receive it shortly, in another one they said the visa is issued but there are still some further procedures required, I tried calling the DOS they advised that my case is still in AP and not cleared and never cleared and when I asked them (the DOS)why it’s showing issued, they said no, there’s no visa issued.

I had to travel so I asked for my passport back, the surprise is that I found that had a visa printed on the passport (since Sep 26) with a “cancelled without prejudice” stamp on it . . . . . . .

I sent an email to the embassy after receiving my passport asking for an explanation on this and this is the reply I received:

“You asked for your passport to travel that is why we sent you the passport, your visa was not cleared yet to send it to you, still pending administrative process, you can send us your passport when you finish your travel plans, and when we finish our procedures, we will process your case to conclusion.”

My father is the one who applied to me, he’s going to ask for the senator help on this, now I’m expecting to get the same reply back as yours though.

I have doubts that our cases were not cleared, they made a mistake and called us and now they are trying to hide what this mistake.

My case is worse than yours as I’m living in Dubai, I had to fly to Egypt to get my medical renewed (with all the travel expenses), as I didn’t have my passport, I missed an arranged booked holiday and lost money in returning the tickets in addition to all of that (which is more worse) I’m going to get married in a month, if I didn’t get my visa and land before marriage I will have to change my case from single to married which means additional 4-5 years of waiting (I already started my journey 8 years ago since 2005) :S

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.