SMB22

HELP!!! I don't know what to do anymore….

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hello everybody!

I am just so angry right now and need to vent a little about what has been going on...

My fiancé and I received our Noa2 July 18th and supposably the case was forwarded from USCIS to NVC on August 14th 2013.

It now has been almost 4 months since our approval and we still don't have a case number from the NVC.

We've been calling the USCIS and NVC for weeks now and all we get is USCIS saying they send our case to NVC and the NVC telling us that they have never received it...

I have send an email to the NVCresearch about 2 weeks ago and never got an answer from them either.

About a week ago when we were once again calling the USCIS and NVC to find out what was going on (at this point pretty sure one of them has lost our case…) a level 2 / tier 2 officer at the USCIS told us that she would personally investigate for us a little more and notify the NVC that we have been approved, she said we should hear something within the next 5 days… Well today is the 6th day and still nothing. No letter, no email, no phone call… So once again me and my fiancé (on skype), calling the NVC, the still don't have our case and haven't heard anything from the USCIS either. The lady didn't know how long it would take for NVC research to answer my email, but she wasn't giving us much hope that it would be any time soon.

So we called USCIS back and requested a level 2 officer since the rep could only tell us that our case was send out to the NVC in august, which by now we knew couldn't be true… after over an hour waiting we finally had a level 2 officer on the phone. The man was very nice, but the things he was saying just didn't add up….

Once again we were told that the NVC had our case…after my fiancé told him about 100 times that we just had spoken to them and they never received and that we had spoken to an other level 2 officer a week before and never heard anything back he all in sudden seemed to have an epiphany (kind weird...) and said that they had send out a copy of our approval to the NVC on October 26th and we should also receive a letter in the next days.

Well first of all the 26th was a Saturday and I can not really believe that the Government would work and send out letters on Saturdays?

The next bomb he dropped was that we now have to wait an other 30 days for the NVC to receive that copy! Excuse me?! How can it take 30 days to send a letter… I am just so frustrated with all of this!!! Our case has been missing for almost 4 months and now we have to wait an other one just for the NVC to get the copy they send…

This visa process is really killing me….! All I want is to finally be with my fiancé and spend christmas together.

At this point I just don't even know anymore if they are telling us the truth about what is going on.

The USCIS says the NVC is at fault and they tell us they never received the case, USCIS must have messed up!

Sorry for this long story, but I just needed to vent about all this!

I would really appreciate it if maybe somebody has been in a similar situation and has any tips on what we should do. Is there anything else we can do besides calling everyday and just listening to the same answers over and over again? I really just want this to move forward!!!

HELP!!!! :'(

-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes, get you senator and/or congressperson involved. They can inquire to the NVC on your behalf. Worked for me when after getting a case number and paying the IV bill my case sat in limbo for no apparent reason. Call yesterday!!

Timeline

Yes, get you senator and/or congressperson involved. They can inquire to the NVC on your behalf. Worked for me when after getting a case number and paying the IV bill my case sat in limbo for no apparent reason. Call yesterday!!

Thank you :)

My fiancé already contacted his congressman and senator about 2 weeks ago, but never got a response… But we will try contacting them again, hopefully they will help! :)

-

Thank you smile.png

My fiancé already contacted his congressman and senator about 2 weeks ago, but never got a response… But we will try contacting them again, hopefully they will help! smile.png

Call and ask specifically for the aide who handles this sort of thing. You might to fill out a form giving hem permission to look into it (usually on the website). Good luck.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Timeline

Call and ask specifically for the aide who handles this sort of thing. You might to fill out a form giving hem permission to look into it (usually on the website). Good luck.

My fiancé just received an email from the senator with that form :) Hopefully he will help speeding things up!

-

My fiancé just received an email from the senator with that form smile.png Hopefully he will help speeding things up!

I hope you'll get answer very soon, cross fingers. Waiting without knowing what is going on with your case it is really painful. Good luck and stay strong.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.