YangP

Fiancee visa denied after AP... Please read

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah of course something triggered this. It appears that the woman/girl falsified her age and name on Lao government documents. There is no indication that the op was invloved with that. And perhaps she is under the age of 18. But we don't actually know that yet, now do we? Concerns being raised...the word concerns. This could indicate that they don't even know how old this girl is. Many people in these countries have no birth certificate. It is possible that she fabricated the entire scheme. Is it not?

Aloha Ke Akua

It doesn't matter. If he doesn't take this seriously (he is not), he will be in deep.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

How many men in the US have been prosecuted for statutory rape because the girl lied about her age? More than a few. Granted the fact that she attempted to use false documents to obtain immigration benefits is a big plus for him as fas as proof she lied when he is sitting in a jail cell awaiting trial this won't be much comfort.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

This is a terrible thing that happened. I am from Laos and I know that people who sponsor music video are doing a good thing for the people in Laos. The people in Laos are one of the poorest in the entire world. Most of them have no work opportunity so having in opportunity to make some money using their singing or musical talent is not illigal at any age. Do we not allow minors to audition for American Idol so they can become stars and make millions? I buy music CDs and movie CD made in Thailand and Laos because I want to support them. I am sure other nationalities do the same.

Accusing the OP for sexually exploiting minors because he is in the business of making Music Video in Laos is ignorant and irresponsible accusation.

Now what he is being targeted for is very serious and he should follow the advice of many on this Forum. Get a criminal attorney not an immigration attorney to help you get out of this mess before thinking about going back to Laos.

Marrying a wife from the old country of Laos and brininging her here to the US is not uncommon within our community. Unfortunately there are families who take advantage of the situation to con for money. There have been many instances where young girls and their families have gone through marital engagement solely for the purpose of extracting money. Some even engage their daughters to 2 or 3 at the same time and have the engagement celebrations at restaurants or places away from their villages or town districts so their neighbors cannot alert the poor fellow getting engaged that he is being conned. Unfortunately foreigners have no legal recourse from fraud or being conned in Laos. As a matter of fact during my first and only visit to Laos I was led to the left corner of the airport away from all other travelers and forced to pay a $10 bribe to the custom agents so they would let me out of the airport in Vientiane.

The fiance lied about her age, gave him their family registration book so he believed she was a legal adult, provided the altered documentations so he can get the Fiancee visa apllication processed. Did he know of her age? was he involved in altering the documents, did he lie to this forum? There are too many unknown variables at this time to lynch this poor OP.

Get an attorney and good luck in clearing your situation.

What other joy is there but being with the one you love

This is a terrible thing that happened. I am from Laos and I know that people who sponsor music video are doing a good thing for the people in Laos. The people in Laos are one of the poorest in the entire world. Most of them have no work opportunity so having in opportunity to make some money using their singing or musical talent is not illigal at any age. Do we not allow minors to audition for American Idol so they can become stars and make millions? I buy music CDs and movie CD made in Thailand and Laos because I want to support them. I am sure other nationalities do the same.

Accusing the OP for sexually exploiting minors because he is in the business of making Music Video in Laos is ignorant and irresponsible accusation.

Now what he is being targeted for is very serious and he should follow the advice of many on this Forum. Get a criminal attorney not an immigration attorney to help you get out of this mess before thinking about going back to Laos.

Marrying a wife from the old country of Laos and brininging her here to the US is not uncommon within our community. Unfortunately there are families who take advantage of the situation to con for money. There have been many instances where young girls and their families have gone through marital engagement solely for the purpose of extracting money. Some even engage their daughters to 2 or 3 at the same time and have the engagement celebrations at restaurants or places away from their villages or town districts so their neighbors cannot alert the poor fellow getting engaged that he is being conned. Unfortunately foreigners have no legal recourse from fraud or being conned in Laos. As a matter of fact during my first and only visit to Laos I was led to the left corner of the airport away from all other travelers and forced to pay a $10 bribe to the custom agents so they would let me out of the airport in Vientiane.

The fiance lied about her age, gave him their family registration book so he believed she was a legal adult, provided the altered documentations so he can get the Fiancee visa apllication processed. Did he know of her age? was he involved in altering the documents, did he lie to this forum? There are too many unknown variables at this time to lynch this poor OP.

Get an attorney and good luck in clearing your situation.

96accord,

Spot on dude! Most everyone here just assumes this guy is guilty of a crime with absolutely no evidence whatsoever. While he could be, no one has been presented enough evidence to find this guy guilty. And yes, I have heard about elaborate scams and multiple "engagements" also occurring in the Philippines and entire families being invloved. So it is just as possible, or even more likely this poor guy was taken to the cleaners by this girl and her family. Mahalo for your comments.

Aloha Ke Akua

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

my husband is from laos and i'm pretty sure the OP is not a troll. also agree that he is there to make music videos and probably not the naughty kind that everyone is thinking about. in our community, the music and music videos are sponsored byt the ones in america and usualy performed by the ones in laos. neways all the girls over there look in their teens whether they are 15 to 25. i'm sure he got tricked about her age but in the back of his mind he may or may not have an idea of how close her age was to 18. they can change their age and make new birth certificates very easily in laos. they can also easily change their family registration book which has all the family members and dob on it. over there in laos, sexual contacts with underage as a crime is not as big of a deal and hardly ever enforced. many girls there willingly or are encouraged by their parents to date older men in america (as soon as they hit puberty). a lot of the girls and guys there scam for money and will use you and then completely change phone numbers and their family and friends are in on it.

i think she was probably trying get money from you and when she went to interview or did the paperwork she revealed her real age so she wouldn't have to come to america. probably not knowing nor caring that this is a big deal in america. i think like everyone said, you are in deep and you better watch your step. i wouldn't go over there any time soon. keep yourself low for a few years cuz i'm sure the authorities are gonna be watching you.

Edited by hnubno

Filed: Timeline

Dude....I cant judge U I don't know the real story but this I wonder

A . U met a young lady there liked her had a relationship going never met

the family a friend, did she look very young, or did U meet her at a

place older women sell young girls , liked her a wanted to save her by marriage?

b . Did U both plan to lie about her age and, once it got blown up she went

underground and U want to find out how much she told at the interview?

C . Why not help some of the inner city youths with their music videos who R broke?

D . Dude Y would U want to return to that country after such a letter about the protect

law, what kind of draw does this place have on U, have U seen their prisons?, U R

most likely flagged in USA & Thai data-base to be stopped arrested, or investigated

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Did everyone miss the part in the letter that states they have FURTHER EVIDENCE? That means in addition to the falsified passport and family book that she gave, the have MORE PROOF that something else isn't right when it comes to him. Am I only one of the few here who can read English?

To the OP, i am not accusing you of being guilty, but you really need to get the thought of going back out of your head and retain an attorney. Child trafficking offenses are not taken lightly by our government, you really need to take this very seriously.

Filed: Timeline

Did everyone miss the part in the letter that states they have FURTHER EVIDENCE? That means in addition to the falsified passport and family book that she gave, the have MORE PROOF that something else isn't right when it comes to him. Am I only one of the few here who can read English?

To the OP, i am not accusing you of being guilty, but you really need to get the thought of going back out of your head and retain an attorney. Child trafficking offenses are not taken lightly by our government, you really need to take this very seriously.

You're not the only one. Not only do they have the evidence but they are turning it in for further investigation by other authorities.

This is exactly why it bothered me when OP asked if he could go back there for more video shoots.

It's been pointed out. I know I asked this very question. In red.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

guilty or not they HAVE to launch an an investigation. that is the law. either way he will need a defense lawyer. even though it was proven that she changed her identity- they obviously beleive HE was aware that her identify had been modified to meet the age requirements for US immigration.

Edited by Allymash

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Your story is not uncommon. Looks like very sloppy paperwork involved here!! Especially on your x-fiance's side. Mistakes happens, good intentions sometimes have a negative effect and consequences. That's why there is a consulate interview to determine these things. Next time dont make the same mistakes and make sure everything is correct. Anyway, good luck, doubt anything bad will happen to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.