zttrszPwCmp

BINATIONAL SAME SEX COUPLES !! Show up!

1,174 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiance attended the embassy interview. She got interrogated for hours by several embassy employees. 10 family members were called and asked several questions, harassed. Due to lack of "face time" and me not being at the interview we were denied. We are devastated. We were for sure we'd get approved with no red flags, however because we only met once in person and I was unable to attend the interview we received a denial.

How do we appeal the decision, how do people get second interviews? How do we fight to try again? Please help me! I am lost.

You do have the right to appeal. Is there any way the two of you can visit in the US or in a neutral country that will let you get married? Then you can file for a CR-1 visa.

I am so sorry for this. It happens to straight couples, too. "Face Time" is a critical piece of the puzzle for her country. It's hard to believe they called 10 family members and turned you down, unless some of your family members were not as helpful as you thought they might be.

Do try again. You might wish to contact www.masliah-soloway.com for a free consulation. They are a law firm that specializes in same-sex couples and visas.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Does anyone know what countries allow foreigners to get married without being a citizen of that country?

Yes indeed. I looked at your timeline. You are in India? Closest might be South Africa? Not sure about Seychelles?

The procedure is best left up to a professional in South Africa as they will get you photos, arrange the paperwork, etc

Let me know I think I have the email and contact number of the company we were to have used. We ended up with the Fiance Visa instead. Good luck

Timeline

My fiance attended the embassy interview. She got interrogated for hours by several embassy employees. 10 family members were called and asked several questions, harassed. Due to lack of "face time" and me not being at the interview we were denied. We are devastated. We were for sure we'd get approved with no red flags, however because we only met once in person and I was unable to attend the interview we received a denial.

How do we appeal the decision, how do people get second interviews? How do we fight to try again? Please help me! I am lost.

I believe India is a high fraud country and the one time meet might have been a red flag. What other supporting evidence did you show them? Photos, chat logs using Whats App? Phone call records, etc? Letters from UNITED STATES citizens in the US attesting to your relationship etc? They look at everything.

The I-129F petition cannot be adjudicated by US Embassy personnel however subsequent chat logs past the I-129F approval are scrutinized very carefully. The obviously have doubts right from the beginning if they called 10 relatives wow...:-(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the help, it has eased my stress to read the replies. If appealing doesn't work, I like the idea of marrying in another country and attempting the Spouse Visa.

We handed in numerous pictures together, WhatsApp chat logs(50 pages), phone logs, copies of flower receipts I sent, copies of love letters, cards sent by both, emails along with emails between my mom and fiancé. Letter of approval from my parents with contact info, letter from her brother, cousin, mother with contact info. They insisted on calling her father who preferred arranged marriage over a love marriage, but still answered questions on the phone saying he was okay, but with short responses.

We had no prior marriages, no children. A large range of questions from the regular questions to outrageous questions that did not relate to our relationship. But came down to meeting only once.

Timeline

Strange. While the application is still at the Embassy email or call them to ask for Senior CO staff review. I wonder if the one time meeting is the issue?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Any other couples applying for naturalization yet? My 90-day window just opened up and I sent off my application as soon as I was eligible to apply.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

07/15/16 - N-400 and supporting documents sent to Phoenix via FedEx

07/17/16 - Earliest accepted filing date

07/18/16 - Package delivered to Phoenix

07/21/16 - Check cashed

07/25/16 - NOA received via USPS (dated 07/21/16)

07/26/16 - Biometrics appointment notice available online

08/10/16 - Biometrics appointment

02/24/16 - Online status change to "Interview Scheduled"

02/27/17 - Interview appointment notice available online

03/31/17 - N-400 interview at Los Angeles office - Recommended for approval
03/31/17 - Online status change to "Oath Ceremony Scheduled"
04/03/17 - Oath ceremony notice available online

04/18/17 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Any news on your case?????

Well I was issued a RFIE and they just received my response today, the journey continues. How bout you?

AOS - 130 days

ROC - 15m

N400 - 10/18/2019

bio - 11/4/19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I got no response from the embassy. No response from emailing my state representatives. We got no further letters or any correspondence in the mail, so we'll take our denial and move on. We decided to marry and attempt the Spousal Visa. This time I'll make sure to be at the interview and it will give us another physical time together plus an actual marriage certificate to further prove the legitimate relationship. We found Denmark to be a country that allows same-sex marriage without one having to be a legal citizen. Another year to wait for a Spousal Visa...ughh...!! soo frustrating!

Well I was issued a RFIE and they just received my response today, the journey continues. How bout you?

Yesterday I did my biométrics!!!! It was a calm and easy process. I also got my SSN on Monday. So far, everything is nice and easy. Now, the real waiting period starts!!!!?????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Any other couples applying for naturalization yet? My 90-day window just opened up and I sent off my application as soon as I was eligible to apply.

Congratulations. We can apply in August so we'll join you soon. Hard to believe we are here now.

Good luck!

07/31/05 First met in Ft Lauderdale

06/26/13 DOMA overturned

07/16/13 Married in Rockville, Maryland

08/22/13 Day 0 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765)

11/20/13 Day 90 AOS Interview completed - Approved!

09/01/15 Day 740 I-751 Mailed ROC packet to California Service Center

04/08/16 Day 960 I-751 RFE received - need to provide more evidence of financial commingling

05/03/16 Day 985 RFE response sent

06/07/16 Day 1020 I-751 approval notice received

06/16/16 Day 1029 10-year greencard received

11/16/16 Day 1182 Mailed N-400 citizenship application

08/21/17 Day 1460 Received alert that naturalization interview was scheduled

09/28/17 Day 1498 N-400 interview completed - Approved!

10/20/17 Day 1520 Oath ceremony finished - now a US Citizen

Timeline

Congratulations. We can apply in August so we'll join you soon. Hard to believe we are here now.

Good luck!

Best of luck! Amazing how quickly time flies!

N-400 Application for Naturalization

07/15/16 - N-400 and supporting documents sent to Phoenix via FedEx

07/17/16 - Earliest accepted filing date

07/18/16 - Package delivered to Phoenix

07/21/16 - Check cashed

07/25/16 - NOA received via USPS (dated 07/21/16)

07/26/16 - Biometrics appointment notice available online

08/10/16 - Biometrics appointment

02/24/16 - Online status change to "Interview Scheduled"

02/27/17 - Interview appointment notice available online

03/31/17 - N-400 interview at Los Angeles office - Recommended for approval
03/31/17 - Online status change to "Oath Ceremony Scheduled"
04/03/17 - Oath ceremony notice available online

04/18/17 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.