Saylin

NVC Filers - July 2013

960 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just curious, why do u call on Mondays again, after calling on Fridays? In other words, does NVC review cases during weekends?

because I call twice a week now because the way They reviewed my first AOs. i got my checklist there June 14 and the IV packet checklist got it on June 3. Base on NVC date given to me IV packet was reviewed May 30 and AOs reviewed June 12, and just thinking usually Monday all the files were updated all in Monday and Friday was thingking that they updated the files ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just submitted Police Certificate Clearance and updated Passport Biographic page. I am praying and hopeful that Hubby will be interviewed in July and will set foot in USA in July itself!!!!!

You could have told them that you will provide PCC at consulate. Would have saved at least month. It will be hard to get July interview as they are taking at least 2 weeks to review any documents you send. I am waiting for IV to be accepted. I sent it on 13th. I am looking at early AUG.

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

because I call twice a week now because the way They reviewed my first AOs. i got my checklist there June 14 and the IV packet checklist got it on June 3. Base on NVC date given to me IV packet was reviewed May 30 and AOs reviewed June 12, and just thinking usually Monday all the files were updated all in Monday and Friday was thingking that they updated the files

I normally call on Wednesday, and Fridays. Thank you!!

USCIS - (221 Days)

09/08/2012 - Married

09/29/2012 – I-130 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 – I-130 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
11/27/2012 - Transfer to local office (Atlanta)

04/15/2013 – Contacted Congressman and both Senators for help with my case
05/10/2013 – APPROVED!! - NOA2 (Approved 221 days from NOA1)

NVC (129 Days from NOA2)

05/13/2013 - NVC Received

05/17/2013 - NVC logged file as Received

05/29/2013 - Case & IIN # Received

05/30/2013 - DS3032 sent

06/07/2013 – AOS Invoiced

06/10/2013 – DS 3032 Accepted

06/10/2013 – AOS Paid

06/11/2013 – IV Invoiced & Paid

06/12/2013 – AOS & IV Packages expressed mailed

06/13/2013 – AOS & IV Packages delivered to NVC

07/03/2013 - AOS checklists received (AOS checklist response already delivered to NVC on 6/21/2013)

07/03/2013 - IV Checklist received (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
07/05/2013 - IV checklist sent

07/08/2013 - IV checklist delivered to NVC

07/12/2013 - AOS Accepted

07/30/2013 - IV accepted

07/30/2013 - Case Complete

08/12/2013 - Interview date received

Embassy: Accra, Ghana

08/17/2013 - Medical Exam (Holy Trinity)

09/16/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!! (350 Days fron NOA1)

09/20/2013 - Visa in Hand & Paid USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee

09/22/2013 - POE (Atlanta)

09/23/2013 - Applied for SSN

09/27/2013 - Received SSN in mail (5 days after applying)

10/17/2013 - Received GREEN CARD in the mail (25 days from POE)

My bad, that's what I meant!

hehe just wanted to double check you didn't email in anything... smile.png except the OPTIN!

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Thanks, Saylin!

My husband sent the AOS packet and just paid for IV fee. He however has not sentt he IV packet to NVC as he was waiting for the fee to go through. He was told to send the IV packet to the embassy directly.

My question is:

Would it help if he sends it to me first, then I send it to the embassy? I was thinking it could save some time (rather than waiting for him to send it later) as our packet is in Hong Kong and should arrive in a day or two from NVC.

He emailed the embassy asking for info and all they told him was they had no details and to wait for their email.

I don't know what to do. Should wait then overnight it to KL embassy/just mail to me so I can mail to embassy?

OMG Luisa good news for you that means. You're. Next .

thank you hopefully in mid july. the operator told me also yesterday that IV packet was already reviewed and they just only waiting the Singapore Police Clearance so hopefully I had a good news then?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thank you hopefully in mid july. the operator told me also yesterday that IV packet was already reviewed and they just only waiting the Singapore Police Clearance so hopefully I had a good news then?

When did you send your IV and when did it got accepted?

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

When did you send your IV and when did it got accepted?

May 22 they recieved it. I got a email checklisy on the singapore Police clearance i got checklisted. They mail checklist letter June 3, The police Clearance was just mail June 27, It tooks 21 days because I was delayed. due for Singapore Police need 15 working days for the processing of Police clearance. I could only request once I got the checklist. Thats why it took so long.

Thanks, Saylin!

My husband sent the AOS packet and just paid for IV fee. He however has not sentt he IV packet to NVC as he was waiting for the fee to go through. He was told to send the IV packet to the embassy directly.

My question is:

Would it help if he sends it to me first, then I send it to the embassy? I was thinking it could save some time (rather than waiting for him to send it later) as our packet is in Hong Kong and should arrive in a day or two from NVC.

He emailed the embassy asking for info and all they told him was they had no details and to wait for their email.

I don't know what to do. Should wait then overnight it to KL embassy/just mail to me so I can mail to embassy?

Did NVC tell you to mail the IV package directly to the embassy or was it the embassy that told you that? If it was NVC, don't take their word for it. Only do what the embassy says.

Either way though, if the petitioner has the IV package, definitely get it mailed asap to the beneficiary. Then hold on to it until you get further instructions from the embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

NVC told my husband he should send the IV packet to the embassy, since he paid IV fee but hadn't sent the packet yet.

Will it be okay for me to send the packet from Malaysia? Or it has to come from my husband in the US? I'm a little hazy on what happens with the IV packet. It has to be reviewed by the embassy before they set an interview date?

I have some concern. >.<

I know Saylin said not to resend the DS-3032 unless the first one is rejected but I got impatient as everybody with the same timeline as me were already getting DS-3032 acceptance emails and the IV bill invoiced after resending DS-3032, so I resent mine too with Supervisor Review on the subject line. headbonk.gif But if you look at my signature, it turned out that email didn't help as maybe the supervisor/s are also backlogged with work? (First DS-3032 email was accepted June 13. Got a reply for the 2nd email on June 20.) This is what the reply to the Supervisor Review email said:

We received the principal applicant's DS-3032 (Choice of Address and Agent) form designating an address and agent.

A packet containing the Affidavit of Support Processing Fee Bill Invoice was sent to the petitioner or attorney of record for this case. The fee must be received before the petition can be processed further.

To make a payment go to www.immigrantvisas.state.gov , click the “Pay the Affidavit of Support processing fee” link and follow the instructions to submit the fee using the Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center. To make a payment you will need the following information, which is included on the fee bill invoice:

* The NVC case number

* The invoice identification number

If you are unable to pay online, you must submit your fee using the alternative payment option by submitting a cashier's check or money order. For alternative payment instructions please visit the following website:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3905.html

Once the payment is received and processed, you will be given instructions on how to download the instruction packets and the appropriate forms online. You will need to mail the appropriate forms to the NVC in order to complete your immigrant visa processing.

We are sending a duplicate packet of information that is important to the processing of this immigrant visa petition. If the designated agent has provided an e-mail address the packet will be sent via e-mail; otherwise, the packet will be sent by postal mail. When the packet is received, please follow all instructions and submit any required fees, forms, or documents to the NVC. Please allow at least 10-15 business days for the packet to arrive.

We received the Immigrant Visa Processing Fee Payment(s) for this case. You must now download and complete the Immigrant Visa Application and submit it with the required original civil documents for the principal applicant and each derivative applicant that will accompany him/her to the United States. Please visit the following website for instructions on how to obtain and submit the Immigrant Visa Application:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

A day after I received this email, we got another email with the AOS invoice. I'm confused. I know the DS-3032 and IV bill are connected but why did they send again the AOS invoice? I take it that's what they meant with the duplicate packet of information they said they are sending, but why? As soon as I read this email, I checked the payment portal, on the invoice page, AOS payment status changed from PAID to NOT PAID. But on receipt page, it is already PAID. We paid it last June 10 and payment was cleared from the bank June 11. My concern is, following other people's timelines, we're close to getting our AOS reviewed and I'm worried what they'll see if they check the payment, will they see PAID or NOT PAID? I called last Friday, June 28, asking if our packets are already in the system. The operator said no and she asked if we paid the AOS already cause she doesn't see that we paid. I said yes, last June 10. And she said something like oh there's something wrong with the system. I thought to give it some time hoping it will be fixed on the payment portal but it's been more than a week and it's still like that. Now I'm really worried. >.< What I get for being impatient. crying.gif Is there anything I can do or should do? I'll call again later and check what they see about our payment.

For our full timeline, please see "About Me".

N-400

02-18-2017 - Submitted to USCIS Dallas, TX

02-25-2017 - NOA

03-05-2017 - NOA for Biometrics

03-21-2017 - Biometrics

12-21-2017 - In Line for Interview

03-05-2018 - Received text & email notifications that interview was scheduled. 

03-10-2018 - Received interview letter by mail. 

04-13-2018 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I don't participate a lot but I've been reading a lot all your messages.

We sent the AOS (old version) from France on the 3rd of June and it arrived at the NVC on the 12th. My husband just called. The woman told him that they just reviewed the package and that we should receive an email today or tomorrow... The weird things is that she couldn't say if we got an RFE or if the case was finally complete...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.