goodlucklife

The Waiting room for fiancé visa case number is it 10 days or 20

1,090 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

the standard answer from NVC for case number wait time has always been 20 days, for anything at the NVC the standard answer is 20 days. A year and a half ago when my husband was at the NVC they said the same even for the wait time for the affidavit of support, and the IV application. They never took that long, he got his case number in a week, and everything else was a few days.. Don't fret, hopefully it won't take that long

What we need that case number for please?

For the medical. Also to check they've recieved it/logged it etc and you can call to check if/when they send it to your local Embassy.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Ah, ok so when i want to schedule my medical i have to give them my case number, next week i will call to see if they asigned one, later on to check when they send it to my local embassy. In my timeline when i get case# is NVC received, and when it is sent to my local Embassy its NVC left, right? Sorry if I bother you, but after getting NOA2 i am so nervous.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I'll call next week. What we use that case number for?

Depending in the country of yout fiancé but the case number is how you know the consulate had received your petition !!! Once they have it an interview can be set up ... Every country is different ... For italt I can give the case number to my fiancé and he can call the consulate ... Then they will email packet 3 which begins the process if setting up an appointment!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We received my noa2 on january 19 and we had our nvc number 5 days later

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
Ah, ok so when i want to schedule my medical i have to give them my case number, next week i will call to see if they asigned one, later on to check when they send it to my local embassy. In my timeline when i get case# is NVC received, and when it is sent to my local Embassy its NVC left, right? Sorry if I bother you, but after getting NOA2 i am so nervous.

[/quoteevery consulate is different fir example Italy had you go the medical the day before the interview in Napoli... I know every consulate had a website I suggest finding it and calling for procedure ... You will receive a packet 3 after the consulate gets your case number so it's inportant too the beneficiary ( nin citizen call their embassy to be sure they have the petition

Timeline

the standard answer from NVC for case number wait time has always been 20 days, for anything at the NVC the standard answer is 20 days. A year and a half ago when my husband was at the NVC they said the same even for the wait time for the affidavit of support, and the IV application. They never took that long, he got his case number in a week, and everything else was a few days.. Don't fret, hopefully it won't take that long

With all due respect you did not apply for s fiancé visa this year and historically the nvc processes fiancé visas faster.. At least that had Been the trend :) 7 to 10 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really think the amount of time to get the case number is a moving target.....depending on how many files they have to process...I received the NOA2 on June 13th and have not heard anything yet....I will start calling next week.

From what I am reading, by getting your case number by calling and not waiting for the official notification, will allow you to start moving forward...working on your medical would be the next big step. As soon as you have that case number....you can pay the Visa fee's, start working on your medical and interview date....

Good luck to everyone !!!!

Curt

In the past, it was always 1-2 weeks (5-10 business days), but lately several K-1 filers have been waiting a lot longer, due to a slowdown at NVC.

I really think the amount of time to get the case number is a moving target.....depending on how many files they have to process...I received the NOA2 on June 13th and have not heard anything yet....I will start calling next week.

From what I am reading, by getting your case number by calling and not waiting for the official notification, will allow you to start moving forward...working on your medical would be the next big step. As soon as you have that case number....you can pay the Visa fee's, start working on your medical and interview date....

Good luck to everyone !!!!

Curt

Exactly, all the CSC approvals in April and May were bottlenecked through there, and I imagine it will continue with all the TSC approvals.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

Btw for the 129 fs if you are the petitioner ( us citizen ) you should think about filling out the advidavit of support of finances ...you beneficiary fiancé will need that for their interview in the consulate in their home country ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Same here, I got my approval on June 12, 2013, up until now I am waiting and checking my mail daily to get my case number, anyway I will keep waiting. Keep updating us guys. I am looking forward hearing from you. Thanks

Edited by Dhodan

Hey guysssss!!! So excited - and I heard also you should keep calling every day till they tell you (I mean we will give them 5 days till calling for sure :D)

Edited by KathaK

ROC:

Jul, 2016  NOA1

Aug, 2016 biometrics 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.