Mr&Mrs.Boo

i pay taxes i get s***t

33 posts in this topic

so today we went to get fishing licenses ,we live in pa,and we have such great natural parks and lakes is just so nice and relaxing ...my husband license was 23$ and mine was 156$ because i m not a citizen ,i have my 2 years gc and just sent my roc in,the ppl were very rude and stupid he was holding my gc and ask me can i give him my gc and i said you have it and he said these is a permanent resident card..i said yes is a gc...he said ahh yes is green...daaaaa!!! ok....then he ask me when are you going to be a citizen i said after 2 more years or when i decide to...he said ohh i m sorry mam but your license will be very expensive ..ok i just want to go fishing and have fun with my boo..just do it...and he said ohh wait i need assistance not really sure how to process these gc...#######..i pay taxes like my husband does why i need to pay more for a fishing license ?

If God is for us, who can be against us." Romans 8:31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Why did you show him your gc? Didn't you have any other form of id? Or did he flat out ask you if you were an immigrant?

Anyway its ridiculous that you were treated differently!

Up here in ak its the same price for license no matter what kind of status you got!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

OP, how old are you?

i am 26 and i give him my driers license and he said is not in the system he wants to see a passport and i just give him my gc....and all the hell broke lose ..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so, how was the fishing expedition?

if you are professional fisherman , all of this you can write off on your taxes on Schedule C as a business expense.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

i am 26 and i give him my driers license and he said is not in the system he wants to see a passport and i just give him my gc....and all the hell broke lose ..

he also said that if i wanna hunt is going to be over 200$.....that is bull...

so, how was the fishing expedition?

if you are professional fisherman , all of this you can write off on your taxes on Schedule C as a business expense.

we are going tomorrow and is just a fun fishing trip just for fun....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

well, you can always get even, by doing stuff with the schedule C, if'n you are starting a small business.

keep that in mind as you are paying state tariffs and fees for things, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

well, you can always get even, by doing stuff with the schedule C, if'n you are starting a small business.

keep that in mind as you are paying state tariffs and fees for things, aye?

Thank you !!! i will keep that in my mind!!!hope you have a great sunday !!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Effects of Major Changes forum to Moving Here & Your New Life forum; topic is not about a major change, but rather adjusting to an element of U.S. life. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think you got screwed. As long as you can prove residency in PA, yours. Should have been the same as your husband's license.

Even at the price you mention, it sounds like he sold you a three year non-resident.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/fishpub/summary/licenses.html

I would go back. And tell him you are filing a complaint with the state game and fishing commission if does not correct the problem.

The have a license hotline on the website that can probably help you with how to file a complaint.

yeah..I read the price chart and $52.70 is the highest price. If she had to pay $156 then she definitely got screwed over. the OP should go back and talk to the supervisor or manager and find out why she had to pay so much. As long as you are a resident of PA you should be able to buy a resident fishing license and she had a DL to prove she was a resident. Something very fishy is going on (pun intended).

Your friendly neighborhood post office expert

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am surprised some of the poeple can remember to breath. I went through the same thing at our local community college when my wife enrolled in an ESL class. The rules clearly stated " A k-1 visa holder is entitled to in-state tuition if the his or her spouse has been a resident of Maryland for at least 1 year and has a Maryland Drivers Licenses". Pretty clear right? They argued and argued and billed us for out-of state tuiotion(5x as much) I had to go to the President of the College and threaten to sue before they would offer in-state tuition. The OP got screwed and she is entitled to resident fees go get your $100 back or in the abscense tell them you want a 5 year or your hunting licenses for $0

Edited by Noel194

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you !!! i will keep that in my mind!!!hope you have a great sunday !!!

And keep in mind that IRS Agent's like me can't wait to audit the tax returns of people like you and Darnell. rofl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.