LovingLuke

More Proof-help

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I dont know if it will help your case but maybe ask your friends and family write some letters for you ! info like how well you both get along togeather,if you have done things with each others friends and family. how much your friends and family likes your partner and such. it may help it may not just throwing out an idea !

Your bank statements showing purchases in Canada are JUST FINE.

I don't know what this other nonsense is about.

You can prove with those statements that Person American was in Country Canada buying stuff. Proof you were there. Done.

You didn't send this with your initial packet, did you?

Send it now; it's all set. Opera tickets don't have names on them anyway :S

You have given me a feeling of relief. Correct, we did not have this in our original package. I thought already it showed a lot of evidence, especially sine these bank statements show our addresses and multiple different proofs of us purchasing stuff in each other's country! awesome awesome.. going in the mail in an hour!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

I am sending a couple of photos specifically because they show us in front of the Colosseum in Rome and the Eiffel Tower in Paris. However, we can prove how we got there (stamps, bills from the traveling agency, boarding passes). I don't know if you can request this, but maybe ask at the border next weekend you meet to STAMP your passport? I would do that. Tell them you need it for your visa, they should understand. Good luck!

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

it doesn't need to match. They just need to show that one was in the other's country. That's all. That's all a passport stamp shows, that someone was in the the other's country.

And....that's why a passport stamp alone is not proof of two specific people meeting in the same location at the same time.

Bank records also are not proof enough.

That's why it is suggested that a number of different evidences be submitted.

This is not rocket science but some common sense needs to by applied.

Take a trip together and fully document that. Causually visiting each other with no records fo the visit is obvously not enought.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It is my understanding that you need to prove that you guys met within the last 2 years PRIOR to applying for the petition. After the petition is sent in, new stuff don't count. It can be used for "ongoing relationship" at the interview though. Do you not have any pictures with something in the back ground, such as "Bank of Canada", "Your city park" with the sign showing the name. Credit card statement showing money spent in the other one's hometown. Traffic tickets in the other country...LOL

Good luck!

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Filed: Other Timeline

1st i'm a bit surprised you got an RFE where your fiance is from a low fraud country like Canada.

If you don't have any new pictures i would suggest you drive to your fiance this weekend and take more pictures especially with friends or during an event. by doing so you trying to rule out the suspicion of having photoshopped pictures. I'm not sure if you need to re-file for sending the recently taken pictures.

Also additional car toll statements (like we have EZ Lane in the northeast) is a good supporting evidence.

Good Luck

And....that's why a passport stamp alone is not proof of two specific people meeting in the same location at the same time.

Bank records also are not proof enough.

That's why it is suggested that a number of different evidences be submitted.

This is not rocket science but some common sense needs to by applied.

Take a trip together and fully document that. Causually visiting each other with no records fo the visit is obvously not enought.

A passport stamp IS enough. It is perfectly fine. That's what they want. They can't take a trip now. It won't count. People who are used to seeing eachother aren't used to "documenting" everything. They just live their life like normal people.

1st i'm a bit surprised you got an RFE where your fiance is from a low fraud country like Canada.

If you don't have any new pictures i would suggest you drive to your fiance this weekend and take more pictures especially with friends or during an event. by doing so you trying to rule out the suspicion of having photoshopped pictures. I'm not sure if you need to re-file for sending the recently taken pictures.

Also additional car toll statements (like we have EZ Lane in the northeast) is a good supporting evidence.

Good Luck

RFEs like this aren't sent because the country is low or high fraud. The OP didn't show anything that indicated they met in person in the last two years. That's why they got an RFE.

Pictures are not proof that you met in the last 2 years. I think the new norm of meeting online confuses people here. Let's take a pretend example of people who grew up together in a foreign country. They obviously met - they know eachother well. If they want to file a I-129F petition, they must show that the met in person in the two years before filing. They can't use photos of them together as a kid. Make sense? Adding pictures doesn't help prove that you met at a specific time.

So it's not proof that you "met in rl" as people who met on the internet seem to think. It's proof you net in the last two years. You need something with dates from a third-party.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can take pictures in each location with the front page of a newspaper from each location and make sure the date and name of paper is visible. If possible do it in front of a landmark that is known at each location.

Keep receipts for each day you take the pictures to validate your pictures were in the same place you got receipts.

Edited by Monel

You can take pictures in each location with the front page of a newspaper from each location and make sure the date and name of paper is visible. If possible do it in front of a landmark that is known at each location.

Keep receipts for each day you take the pictures to validate your pictures were in the same place you got receipts.

good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

K-1 Journey:

05/23/2013: I-129F packet mailed 05/29/2013: NOA1 (E-mail) 06/01/2013: NOA1 (Hardcopy) - - w/ typo error, my name's wrong 06/06/2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

08/07/2013: Case Transferred to my local USCIS office (E-mail)  08/12/2013: Case Received at Texas Service Center; Received NOA-T Hardcopy   09/05/2013: NOA2 (Email) - On our 9th Anniversary! Best Gift!

09/09/2013: NOA2 (Hardcopy) 09/10/2013: Case Shipped to DOS 09/19/2013: Case Shipped to Manila Embassy (Received MNL case number thru Phone 09/20/2013) 09/28/2013: NVC Letter Received (Petitioner)

10/24/2013: Fiance Medical Day 1 10/25/2013: Fiance Medical Day 2 (Passed) Yey! 11/09/2013: Approved I-129F Packet/Notification Letter from USEM Manila received by beneficiary

11/18/2013: Visa Interview - Approved! 11/21/2013: CEAC - "Issued" 11/26/2013: Visa picked up at 2GO MOA 12/02/2013: CFO done 12/27/2013: POE LAX

02/14/14: GOT MARRIED!

AOS Journey: EAD/AP Journey:

03/25/14: I-693 Vaccine Form Completed 04/15/14: AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed 04/21/14: NOA1 (Email) 04/25/14: NOA1 Hard Copy (Mail)

05/21/14: Biometrics done 06/26/14: Card Production 07/29/14: NPIWC letter received 07/02/14: Card Mailed w/ Tracking #

03/03/15: Inquiry sent (extended review) 07/07/14: EAD/AP Combo Card Received 04/03/15: 2nd inquiry 04/17/15: EAD/AP Renewal Request Sent

04/10/15: RFE for AOS received thru mail 04/20/15: EAD/AP NOA1 (Email) 06/20/15: Green Card approved 

ROC Journey:

06-12-17: I-751 Form/packet mailed  06-15-17: delivered to CSC 

06-19-17: Check was cashed  06-19-17: NOA1 received thru mail dated 06-15-17

07-18-17: Biometrics done

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I dont know if it will help your case but maybe ask your friends and family write some letters for you ! info like how well you both get along togeather,if you have done things with each others friends and family. how much your friends and family likes your partner and such. it may help it may not just throwing out an idea !

Such letters carry little to zero weight to begin with and would not satisfy the RFE that the OP received.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Passports do NOT show that two met in person; theyONLY establish that they were in the same country. You need addl evidence to establish the meeting.

All this requirement is well documented and the OP should have known that thru didn't have enough when they filed. Since they saw each other every day or so they had s false sense ; obviously since USCIS sent them an RFE.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

let's not lose sight of what this thread is about. passport stamps aren't even an issue, as per the content of the op. please focus on helping the op with the situation.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

A passport stamp IS enough. It is perfectly fine. That's what they want. They can't take a trip now. It won't count. People who are used to seeing eachother aren't used to "documenting" everything. They just live their life like normal people.

This is exactly where we stand! we didn't even think to save receipts, take pictures in front of specific landmarks etc etc!

Thanks for your advice. I have sent very well documents bank statements and some more dated pictures. Hoping that will be sufficient! I believe any proof that we take now will be too late, as it is not before the date we sent first package.

Will just hope and believe everything will work out now!

Passports do NOT show that two met in person; theyONLY establish that they were in the same country. You need addl evidence to establish the meeting.

All this requirement is well documented and the OP should have known that thru didn't have enough when they filed. Since they saw each other every day or so they had s false sense ; obviously since USCIS sent them an RFE.

We thought for sure we had enough evidence, as well copied my friends package identicly! They also were going from Canada to the USA and drove back and forth! we got the RFE, they didn't at all. Common sense was also used.

let's not lose sight of what this thread is about. passport stamps aren't even an issue, as per the content of the op. please focus on helping the op with the situation.

good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Bank Statements is what you need, the other stuff means nothing. They don't accept pictures because they don't prove you were together in the past two years prior to filing. Anything after filing does not count. The ONLY way pictures count is if they have a hard coded date on the picture, which means you are giving them an original. You could request from CBP (Customs Border Patrol) a log of your entries and exits into/out of Canada to prove you were there. Don't make the mistake I did which is assume that the USCIS access the database from CBP to see if you have left the country. You should be able to get a report from CBP proving you exited and entered via border crossings. They scan your passport/nexus card every time. We had to scan every page of our passports and circle the stamps showing entry/exit. We also provided bank statements with purchases in the location of the other.......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

People are giving advise for showing delivery and postal info, how would that show proof of meeting someone in the last two years.

I would ask for a passport stamp at the border, i am sure they can give one if you ask.

Also, get hotel receipts with names, if you dont have any then make a 300 mile trip to get a hotel. Take pictures with you and fiance in front of the sign to the hotel. Take lots of pictures of both in front of known landmarks.

Just my .02

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.