31 posts in this topic

It is unfortunate for you. It does hurt when the reality that she used you when you had good intentions all along becomes clear. What she did to you, she will do to her older boyfriend.

I divorced a Ukraine woman back four years ago as soon as it became clear to me that she was just using me. One of my better decisions I ever made. I would recommend steering clear of women from that part of the world. They are the most materialistic women I have ever met. Everything is designer this and designer that. I don't own a single pair of shoes that come close to costing $200/pair. That is all they want. Channel this and Channel that, designer this and designer that. I bought her a new DELL computer one Christmas for her. She complained because it was not an Apple computer. I told her that she better get use to it because I was not going to buy her another computer.

Count your lucky stars. You are so much better off now than when you were with her.

Move on with a smile.

Good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey you know on Valentines Day in 2012 I bought her some dimond earings and she was really, really pissed they where set in silver and not white gold or platinum. LOL

Edited by Brian1967##

Hurt ...yes

Upset....yes

I feel as though there is enough proof to show marriage fraud and abuse on her part. I asked what you thought. And I should be able to insert things in her file if they are facts, not being vindictive. I mean she has more pictures of her pet cat than of me...she cropped me out of wedding photos...what would you think?

I think a good scammer can make excuses that minimize everything you've given to them. Your pictures cut out of wedding photos, she was mad after the marriage fell apart.

Abuse is not fraud

Infidelity is not fraud

Her maiden name no a card, worry they would not know who it was unless the maiden name was used.

Not on accounts, you were controlling and removed her when she didn't behave as you wanted.

There is no abuse waiver to ROC, that VAWA and used to adjust status and get a green card.

Your chances of convincingly proving fraud are small. You're hurt, you're upset, it damn well may have been a case of marriage for a green card. But its almost impossible to prove that well enough for a fraud charge to go forward. It may complicate her chances of getting conditions removed, but the odds are not good it will stop her from doing so. And even if it does, she could marry her new bf and adjust status again.

You've done what you can, although its hard you need to move past it and forget about it. Worrying about if she'll remove conditions, and trying to get her booted out of the country is just continuing to live with the pain and holding yourself locked in the past. Really do yourself a favor, you've reported what you know, now focus your life and yourself and quit focusing on her.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Timeline

It is unfortunate for you. It does hurt when the reality that she used you when you had good intentions all along becomes clear. What she did to you, she will do to her older boyfriend.

I divorced a Ukraine woman back four years ago as soon as it became clear to me that she was just using me. One of my better decisions I ever made. I would recommend steering clear of women from that part of the world. They are the most materialistic women I have ever met. Everything is designer this and designer that. I don't own a single pair of shoes that come close to costing $200/pair. That is all they want. Channel this and Channel that, designer this and designer that. I bought her a new DELL computer one Christmas for her. She complained because it was not an Apple computer. I told her that she better get use to it because I was not going to buy her another computer.

Count your lucky stars. You are so much better off now than when you were with her.

Move on with a smile.

Good Luck

I think a good scammer can make excuses that minimize everything you've given to them. Your pictures cut out of wedding photos, she was mad after the marriage fell apart.

Abuse is not fraud

Infidelity is not fraud

Her maiden name no a card, worry they would not know who it was unless the maiden name was used.

Not on accounts, you were controlling and removed her when she didn't behave as you wanted.

There is no abuse waiver to ROC, that VAWA and used to adjust status and get a green card.

Your chances of convincingly proving fraud are small. You're hurt, you're upset, it damn well may have been a case of marriage for a green card. But its almost impossible to prove that well enough for a fraud charge to go forward. It may complicate her chances of getting conditions removed, but the odds are not good it will stop her from doing so. And even if it does, she could marry her new bf and adjust status again.

You've done what you can, although its hard you need to move past it and forget about it. Worrying about if she'll remove conditions, and trying to get her booted out of the country is just continuing to live with the pain and holding yourself locked in the past. Really do yourself a favor, you've reported what you know, now focus your life and yourself and quit focusing on her.

Let it go Man.

Use your energy on making yourself a better person (we all have faults) and finding a better suited partner (use the lessons learned as a road map). I did.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hey you know on Valentines Day in 2012 I bought her some dimond earings and she was really, really pissed they where set in silver and not white gold or platinum. LOL

I know you are just venting, but welcome to women 101. Unless you have terrific taste in jewellery it is not a good idea to buy it. I probably wouldn't have been pissed at my husband for buying silver, but just sad that he wasted his money because I wouldn't ever wear it. ;)

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I know you are just venting, but welcome to women 101. Unless you have terrific taste in jewellery it is not a good idea to buy it. I probably wouldn't have been pissed at my husband for buying silver, but just sad that he wasted his money because I wouldn't ever wear it. ;)

My husband does. I have some gorgeous jewellery now :D

Well actually there is.

The abuse waiver is good for people who haven't been able to divorce yet but have SIGNIFICANT evidence of abuse as WELL as evidence of relationship.

The reason even abused spouses go simply for the divorce waiver is because the burden of proof is less.

So if she can't show enough evidence of relationship, and with the stuff he's got in her file, she might have a hard time of it. BUT, he will most likely never know what happened unless she tell him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks Everyone, Well from what everyone has said the proof for relationships is small and depending on who get her paperwork she will have a Very long interview from what you guys have said. I have to go down to courthouse and collect some evidence under the Freedom of information act and put it all together with divorce decree to show how "lopsided" the divorce is. I found out she can be refused entry for ROC if she was willfully neglectful of the dependents, my sons social worker has asked if he can write a statement to give to USCIS, to show my ex abused my son.

It also says you can refuse entry if one of the married parties commited adultry and it leads to the falling apart of the marriage, in INA clause for good moral character.

This will be it, unless the DA here charges her with Domestic Violence, then I know the chances of her getting ROC green card begin to grow very slim, this is not up to me but the local DA, but I also know she made statements different from what she told police who came to house, will see paperwork by next Monday I hope

Thanks Everyone:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Good luck with it all, Brian !!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thanks Everyone, Well from what everyone has said the proof for relationships is small and depending on who get her paperwork she will have a Very long interview from what you guys have said. I have to go down to courthouse and collect some evidence under the Freedom of information act and put it all together with divorce decree to show how "lopsided" the divorce is. I found out she can be refused entry for ROC if she was willfully neglectful of the dependents, my sons social worker has asked if he can write a statement to give to USCIS, to show my ex abused my son.

It also says you can refuse entry if one of the married parties commited adultry and it leads to the falling apart of the marriage, in INA clause for good moral character.

This will be it, unless the DA here charges her with Domestic Violence, then I know the chances of her getting ROC green card begin to grow very slim, this is not up to me but the local DA, but I also know she made statements different from what she told police who came to house, will see paperwork by next Monday I hope

Thanks Everyone:)

Okay.. some of this^^ is true, and some of this is just how you want to see it. It depends on how you frame it. Youre a smart man and I know you understand this. ROC is about them believing she entered the marriage with good intent. That she has a good moral character.

Yes, people that are abusive to children do not have good moral character. People who commit adultery do not have good moral character. People who attempt to press phony DV charges do not have good moral character.

But you can not say- well you committed adultery so you MUST have entered the marriage with bad intent- ROC denied.

Certain 'bad behaviors' like that dont count. Of course its a bad behavior that shows youre on the lower end of the moral spectrum. But committing immigration fraud is waaaay over on the left, any more left and your off the chart. Adultery is one or two notches left from the center. (according to USCIS) Abuse of a child- even if she was prosecuted Im imagining will fall somewhat in the middle of the left side of the scale because they do issue visas under the Adam Walsh Act, so they consider it morally wrong, but they do believe those people can still make truthful statements. That leaves you with the final one. Lying to authorities. That falls on the far end of the chart and is taken the most seriously. They believe people that commit that moral offense can not make truthful statements to other official agencies or are more likely to lie to gain benefits.

You can go ahead and point out her poor moral character in all three scenarios ( adultery, child abuse, and false DV charges) List them clearly and unemotionally as possibly and document them. However the first two may paint you a bitter ex, so I wouldnt put too much emphasis on them. The third one is the only one that is going to matter.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hello again everyone, need some help. I am having some trouble. I have submitted some proofs to the fraud investigation unit at my local USCIS office. I had a interview with a officer in December. However I have noticed that my case almost seems like a onion of sorts :( Everytime I turn around there is another layer of suprises or another example my wife was just pure evil and used me for green card.

Was told recently by sons social worker that my now ex abused my son both mentally and emtionally. My son did not come forward the social worker told me:(

Found out she did try to have me arrested of false domestic violence charges:( (police report saved my rear end)

Then wife tried to get Protective Order but when I guess judge saw the order, also saw police report and did not issue:)

retraining order was refused:)

Divorce was Final on March 22, 2013

She was given a 1996 car and she traded it in with 62 year old boyfriend (ex is 32)car was not titled in both names

All other assets where retained by me in divorce she was awarded no alimony or spousal support, no children born of the marriage so no child support (house was seperate property and she is not on deed)

There was a joint checking account but she asked to be taken off after GC interview, no joint taxes filed, she asked me to fill out joint form then after intview thew fit and demanded to be taken off form (a big red flag, but i was in love :()

How can my ex apply for a abuse waiver or how can she get a wavier on bonafide marrige it seems like a uphill battle to say the least I have more proofs of fraud

Found christmas card she bought 2 weeks after wedding and I have been croped out of photo and it says Merry Christmas from %$#@^&&* and *&^ no mention of her new l;ast name:( ( a HUGE red flag)

Is there a way to still keep green card? Anybody got ideas? Please help

there is not a no contact order in Divorce Decree, there is no mention of domestic violence in decree

I am going to give you the best advice you ever had.

Forget this and move on. Stop NOW. Find someone else. Her immigration issues are no longer your concern and you do not need to spend any time on it.

If you like HOT Ukrainian women (who doesn't?) then go get another. There are about a million more that would sincerely like to be your wife. Go get one.

I suggest you spend your time looking for a new wife. The only way to make the life of your old wife miserable is to make YOUR life miserable. Get over it, move on, look forward! Never look back.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There are 1.68 million women in Ukraine that would be perfectly happy with diamonds set in silver from their American fiancee. In return, they will have to scrape you off the bed the next morning.

Go find one.

RussianCupid.com

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

#######? WOW....my boyfriend, now husband, never bought anything like this to me, but I never ever even thought about him being responsible do that. I am happy he is around, and if I will never get anything like that from him, but he'll be by my side and grow old together, than I was very lucky and had an awesome life. Yeah, I heard many bad stories about people at that end of the world...they are huge scammers, and definitely think that they deserve the most expensive things...it is weird because it's not like Ukraine, per se, is such a rich country at all....I guess they just lose sight of it as soon as they land US and in their "AMERICA, AMERICA, AMERICA! The place to be rich!" LOL I'm sorry to hear what you have gone through...what sucks about this is that interesting how USCIS tend to be soooooooooooooooooo strict when applying for green card, and once the person gets it, and there turns out to be a marriage fraud, USCIS just backs out saying "there's nothing we can do"...really? Why are you guys exist then? Just because someone already at the stage of having a conditional GC if they got that through fraud, no reason for a second to allow them to renew it for a 10 year one, let alone letting them get citizenship, making the whole US reflect that "Americans are like them". I'm so sorry for you, and I really hope that together with the social worker you can block her green card renewal. Let her obtain her new status with the grandpa. LOL :) (kind of disgusting to even think about it...ewww!)

Dude... Ceilo says "forget you". The best thing is to move on , report move on, don't let your

kid see you bitter against mom, never speak bad about her to him, even if she's a bad mom...you

are a sensible guy don't let her bring you to her level, ...She stuck around got pregnant , no

lease or accounts together could outweigh the fact you both was getting it onnnn, so at some point

it can be argued it was bonafide and something was there.....Bro best wishes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.