bharatiya

Retail theft citation as ordinance violation only fine impose

18 posts in this topic

I was arrested and cited for retail theft as ordinance violation for greenfield municipal court with no appearence required just payfine.

It happened in wi, I am LPR from last 7 months by marriage to US citizen

I send citation back by post to municipal court with not guilty in writing and they gave pretrial date and Village atty gave me offer bcz of my clean record that attend theft class or community service and case will be dismissed.

I am not understanding one thing as I read it is not crime it is civil forfeiture. Am i right. Concern is this clas or community service is between prosecutor (correct) and not with judge because what i read to be conviction their should be finding or admission of guilt by judge or jury and their is no jury option in municipal court in wi.

This deal village atty is giving me I dont know about disposition village atty is saying their will be no disposition Village atty says he will dismiss the case and I will not even see the judge

Atty how it works and theft class or community service for sure will not be a conviction at all.

I read some where on avvo payment of court cost, fee, diversion program are conviction I am confused totally

Please can you tell me how municipal court work with this plea deal and what will be my best choices

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I was arrested and cited for retail theft as ordinance violation for greenfield municipal court with no appearence required just payfine.

I send citation back by post to municipal court with not guilty in writing and they gave pretrial date and Village atty gave me offer bcz of my clean record that attend theft class or community service and case will be dismissed.

I am not understanding one thing as I read it is not crime it is civil forfeiture. Am i right. Concern is this clas or community service is between prosecutor (correct) and not with judge because what i read to be conviction their should be finding or admission of guilt by judge or jury and their is no jury option in municipal court in wi.

This deal village atty is giving me I dont know about disposition village atty is saying their will be no disposition Village atty says he will dismiss the case and I will not even see the judge

Atty how it works and theft class or community service for sure will not be a conviction at all.

I read some where on avvo payment of court cost, fee, diversion program are conviction I am confused totally

Please can you tell me how municipal court work with this plea deal and what will be my best choices

this isn't a legal site, it's an immigration site. For this kind of advice you should consult a lawyer especially since theft is a crime of moral turpitude

I think he asked a fair question and very sure he knows what visajourney is all about. No criticism or mockery please.

Naturalization

04/08/2013 - N-400 Mailed

07/22/2013 - N-400 Recommended for approval

08/13/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Officially a US citizen.

08/20/2013 - I-130 for Mom mailed

09/02/2013 - NOA received

03/04/2014 - I-130 Approval

From my knowledge, pretrial diversion program ends the case before it makes it to the judge. You should hire an attorney and let him know you aren't a citizen and the consequences of a conviction. He can negotiate with the DA to waive the admission of guilt if it's a requirement for entry into the pretrial diverison and you can always say you were misunderstood that's why you were arrested. With that, there would be no problem. Hope this helps you.

Naturalization

Officially a US citizen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You were falsely accused and it even got that far to getting into a court of law? Find this hard to believe, there were times when my wife and I walked out through those sensors and the alarm went off. Check out girl just forgot to demagnetized that whatever, showed the receipt, got apologies, and that was the end of it.

Seen teenagers arrested and handcuffed in stores for swiping a candy bar when we had a president that broken over 500 constitutional laws and got away with it. Where is the justice in this?

Maybe you can explain how you were fined when you never committed a crime in the first place.

You were falsely accused and it even got that far to getting into a court of law? Find this hard to believe, there were times when my wife and I walked out through those sensors and the alarm went off. Check out girl just forgot to demagnetized that whatever, showed the receipt, got apologies, and that was the end of it.

Seen teenagers arrested and handcuffed in stores for swiping a candy bar when we had a president that broken over 500 constitutional laws and got away with it. Where is the justice in this?

Maybe you can explain how you were fined when you never committed a crime in the first place.

Explanation? You aren't God nor his father and let's not be judgemental. It's either one has an advice or not even bother to comment. You have made mistakes in life that shaped the way you live now and same with everybody. We are here to help ourselves and not condemn each other despite the mistakes done.

Naturalization

Officially a US citizen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Explanation? You aren't God nor his father and let's not be judgemental. It's either one has an advice or not even bother to comment. You have made mistakes in life that shaped the way you live now and same with everybody. We are here to help ourselves and not condemn each other despite the mistakes done.

Exactly who is judging besides you, OP said he was not guilty, I took his word for it. Did you ever hear of suing for false arrest? Wasn't too long ago, 80% of our city cops were arrested as drug dealers, it does work both ways. He could be dealing with crooked cops for all we know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic has been moved from US Citizenship Discussion forum to Moving Here and Your New Life in America as a better, albeit not perfect, forum for this discussion.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

kathryn did you move my topic

Yes she did. To a more appropriate forum. The most sound advice you have been given is get a lawyer who can explain everything to you in a way you can understand. You need to have someone who can advocate for you. Yes, you can ask around on this forum and get people's advice but this is not legal advice. You need the help of a professional to get this cleared up so it doesn't come back to bite you down the line.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, pretrial diversion has some guilt in it, somewhere, somehow.

but - if you were selected for that, you should get an advocate to go with you , have things explained by the city attorney, and have your advocate press for (instead) a full dismissal or not guilty verdict during a trial.

I not mention attorney, I mention advocate - this is any human that understands english well and your native language well, and can assist during a conversation with the city attorney.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

ya, pretrial diversion has some guilt in it, somewhere, somehow.

but - if you were selected for that, you should get an advocate to go with you , have things explained by the city attorney, and have your advocate press for (instead) a full dismissal or not guilty verdict during a trial.

I not mention attorney, I mention advocate - this is any human that understands english well and your native language well, and can assist during a conversation with the city attorney.

ok so what do you mean that full dismissal. If not guilty plea is entered and i do community service and disposition will just say case dismissed

is it ok

I cant understand in this kind of diversion where is finding of conviction and onemore thing its municipal court and i am cited with ordinance violation even if i go to trail i end up paying fine only

Their is no trial by jury and no sentence imposed and its only payable in fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We all risk going around in circles on this matter. Please find an attorney or advocate to help you with language and the system, and let us know what develops.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.