Lovecouple

"High fraud" and "Low fraud" countries.

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

As a petitioner whose fiance is from a "high fraud" country I do sometimes feel it's unfair to punish everyone for the bad behavior of a few. Other times I understand the Embassies are doing their jobs and that they are responsible for weeding out the bad apples. Also, it's hard to know how unfair the CO's are really being on cases when you're only hearing the side of the story as the VJ members are presenting it. People often omit things to save face, even though they post semi-anonymously on the internet. But truthfully, people with fraudulent intentions come in all nationalities, races, genders, ages, etc. It's just that certain trends have caught the State Department's attention more than others. Why? I cannot say with any certainty. I don't think anyone outside of the State Department can.

What I don't like is that these same Embassies, particularly in the MENA region, are often completely disorganized and at times incompetent and they drag people through AP (administrative processing) purgatory for months and even years because they are under-staffed and because they don't work effectively with local authorities or ministries to get background checks and investigations cleared in a timely manner. Quite a run on sentence but I made my point.

May all with love in their hearts and good intentions in their minds be successful on their visa journey!

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

To tell you the truth though living in NY and knowing many people from outside the US who live here I have met many people from Brazil trying to marry Americans for their visa, and I have met many nanny's from Germany and Europe trying to find some nice American boy so they can stay in the USA.So honestly you can be from anywhere and want the visa.But of course you are right some countries to have a higher tendency of wanting visas more.Like my fiances.lol. Well 2 years into our realtionshp(This Wednesday) Im pretty sure to say we are not fraud. :)

Edited by LivA

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Firstly, as a disclaimer, this is no offense to anyone from any country in the world, or anyone marrying anyone from any country in the world...

...But I encountered these terms today on VJ, "high-fraud" countries, and "low-fraud" countries, with regards to the fiancée/spousal visa process.

Which countries are considered "high" and which countries are considered "low?"

I'm just curious as it relates to my own process and the processes of friends that I have that are going through the same painful waits that I am.

I don't deny that it happens, but generally find it dehumanizing and ridiculous that some people have to feel totally self-conscious about marrying an American because of the place that they come from.

I just wanted to throw this question out there because I honestly don't know which countries are suspicious of fraud in comparison to others.

What the US considers third world countries are a portion of high fraud. They are very strict with these countries.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I would think that countries with higher rate of tourist visa denial can be considered high fraud countries, so if someone really wants to get here but can't they try to find another way in, on the other hand I do know a lot of people who's already here but looking to get married just so they can stay here

Well as they say here Nigeria is the Highest fraud on earth, then Pakistan, India, the MENA's (not necessarily in this order). I could really give you my opinion. But if you look at countries that have the hardest time and compare them to other countries people that don't. Well yes there is history but there also is alot of prejudice.

But Brazil no issues. Why would anyone want to leave that beautiful country and isn't the most gorgeous people on earth I read.:yes:

The Dominican Republic is a beautiful country with gorgeous people and is one of the high fraud countries.

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The truth of the matter is their are issues, direct and or indirect which affect the processing of all the files, even if you want to admit it or not. Logically and statistically it would seem their is more fraud in some areas than others, and easier in still other countries. Read the threads, view the wait times and the investigative hurdles member's have gone through. I specifically asked an IO about fraud, and she stated; take nothing for granted, submit a complete and through file to be successful, their is lots of fraud in immigration. We all read the facts and reasoning to get a visa by what ever means even in VJ.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to General Immigration-Related Discussion; topic is applicable to more than just one visa type.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Firstly, as a disclaimer, this is no offense to anyone from any country in the world, or anyone marrying anyone from any country in the world...

...But I encountered these terms today on VJ, "high-fraud" countries, and "low-fraud" countries, with regards to the fiancée/spousal visa process.

Which countries are considered "high" and which countries are considered "low?"

I'm just curious as it relates to my own process and the processes of friends that I have that are going through the same painful waits that I am.

I don't deny that it happens, but generally find it dehumanizing and ridiculous that some people have to feel totally self-conscious about marrying an American because of the place that they come from.

I just wanted to throw this question out there because I honestly don't know which countries are suspicious of fraud in comparison to others.

There is no such thing. Except in the imagination of VJ posters. There also is no "NOA1" or "NOA2" More VJ lingo.

each consulate is empowered to handle the issuance of visas as they see fit to insure that the process is not abused. Different consulates apply different rules, procedures and expectations. Ths is specifically allowed by law and by Department of State policy.

The terms "high fraud" and "low fraud" do not exist in any "list" nor in any government procedure. There are consulates generally more difficult to deal with, some are VERY difficult to deal with and the reasons are determined by the consulate.

Read the consulate reviews for the consulate you will use. Ignore any fabricated terms like "high fraud" and concentrate on the experiences of people and what to expect.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would think that countries with higher rate of tourist visa denial can be considered high fraud countries, so if someone really wants to get here but can't they try to find another way in, on the other hand I do know a lot of people who's already here but looking to get married just so they can stay here

Russia is a good example. It is very difficult for a Russian or Ukrainian to get TOURIST visa, but the same consulates hand out K-1s and CR-1s with no questions asked all the time

There is no such thing as a "high fraud" country. There are only easy and difficult consulates. the reason they are difficult varies by country

The obligation of the applicant is to demonstrate that the visa is NOT being sought purely for immigration purposes

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

What about Eastern Europe,is it a high fraud one or no? Why they separate countries like this,do they believe that someone will pass all that way of waiting and expecting just for becaming a USC?It is so hard to stay away from the one you love!

I would say EE is pretty easy, at least it was more of a formality than a hard on interview. We had our s*it together, though, and we had no red flag really. But the guy only asked for pictures, and chatted me up, that was it.

Russia is a good example. It is very difficult for a Russian or Ukrainian to get TOURIST visa, but the same consulates hand out K-1s and CR-1s with no questions asked all the time

Same goes for Romania, it is downright insane that a tourist visa is so difficult to get, compared to a K1.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Venezuela has a super LOW rate thanks God....Last year ALL of the venezuelan vj members got their visa in both types (k1/cr1) only 2 Administrative review but they also were approved in the end :dance:

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I first came acroos the term some years back, this was a quote by a Lawyer from a then INS Director.

Categories are:

Low

Medium

High

Lagos

In Europe Albania would be high for certain.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I would say EE is pretty easy, at least it was more of a formality than a hard on interview. We had our s*it together, though, and we had no red flag really. But the guy only asked for pictures, and chatted me up, that was it.

Same goes for Romania, it is downright insane that a tourist visa is so difficult to get, compared to a K1.

It makes sense. The burden of proof is higher for a nonimmigrant visa than for an immigrant one.

07/14/2012: Eloped in Texas Hill Country
08/11/2012: Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
08/13/2012: Package received by Chicago Lockbox
08/14/2012: Priority Date
08/17/2012: Notice of receipt sent
08/21/2012: Biometrics appointment notice sent
08/27/2012: Walk-in biometrics completed
09/19/2012: Interview scheduled for October 26
10/24/2012: EAD production ordered
10/26/2012: Interview in San Antonio. AOS approved!
11/5/2012: USCIS claims green card delivered, nothing in mailbox.
12/5/2012: Service request filed for non-delivered green card.
12/7/2012: Service request replied to (but not delivered).
1/4/2013: Filed I-90, paid another $450
1/24/2013: Biometrics again...
4/1/2013: First Green Card from November finally arrived...

4/22/2013: Replacement Green Card arrived.

8/9/2014: Filed I-751

8/14/2014: Received NOA for I-751

3/12/2015: ROC Approved!

7/18/2016: Sent in N-400 to Texas lockbox

7/21/2016: N-400 delivered

You will find all kinds of biased perspectives in every country and culture. For the most part, I seriously doubt the USCIS is prejudiced against "High Risk" countries. Sadly, we have to be honest about the problem at hand. It's not about coming from a impoverished country, but rather coming here under the wrong pretenses! In other words, it just so happens that more people from underprivileged countries attempt to make their way into America by fraudulent means versus those from striving continents. Thus, the "Red Flags" for "High Risk" nations. However, let us not be fooled, there are many opportunist from many parts of the world. And, as I have quoted many times on this site; "The reason America has an immigration problem, is because America has an immigration problem." There are over eleven million people that have entered America illegally and/or over stayed their visa and never left. Now, let's ask this question, how many of them are receiving tax payer benefits that do not qualify? Here's a deplorable reality that we, the legal participants have to undertake, and that is scrutiny of the utmost unconscionable type that our loved ones have to endure, as well, ourselves. Why, because the honor of being an American has been grossly abused by some of our most highest offices. Yes, while this is a shame, nevertheless, it is a reality due to the fact that our beloved country has been grossly neglected by so many for so long. No matter the name of the land, in order to protect your neighborhood and your family, you have to uphold the laws that regulate peoples welfare. Preserve it, and it will be preserved for your family.

Not really sure. I wouldn't say Eastern Europe is high fraud, no. Generally that's MENA countries like I said, the Phillipines, etc. I'm sure no one on here would, but a lot of people would do a lot to have a chance for a life in the USA. The interview with the VSC director that Gary and Alla posted, he said that Western Europe are generally easy.

What are the MENA countries and what does MENA mean?

wmjyjoja5z.png ">

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.