sina1t

my fiancee is being detained

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't want to offend anyone. However, I see this type of ridiculous posts lot lately. I am wondering if moderators should look into trolling. Painful to read...

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

I don't want to offend anyone. However, I see this type of ridiculous posts lot lately. I am wondering if moderators should look into trolling. Painful to read...

Hello!

What does "trolling" mean as it is being used here?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Trolling refers to a provocative comment someone writes

Actually it's more like intentional baiting based on false premise/story to incite the forum.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Timeline

By Consequence, or train of thoughts, I understand thatsuccession of one thought to another which is called, to distinguish it fromdiscourse in words, mental discourse.

When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thoughtafter is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to everythought succeeds indifferently.

— Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan, The First Part: Of Man, ChapterIII: Of the Consequence or Train of Imagination

-------------

So what are you talking about with your "trend" of thought?

Like your quotes above actually. It's a good trend of thought. "Train of thought", "trend of thought", "train of thought", "trend of thought" & "train of thought"? Doesn't make much of a difference really.

What I am talking about is finding helpful, practical & productive advice for the OP. Next topic and moving on!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

By the way, it is 'trend' of thought...If we want to be technical and nitpick.

What planet are you from? It IS "train of thought." "Trend of thought?" Never heard of it. :whistle:

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Timeline

What planet are you from? It IS "train of thought." "Trend of thought?" Never heard of it. :whistle:

I'm willing to wager it's "Kolob".

Like your quotes above actually. It's a good trend of thought. "Train of thought", "trend of thought", "train of thought", "trend of thought" & "train of thought"? Doesn't make much of a difference really.

What I am talking about is finding helpful, practical & productive advice for the OP. Next topic and moving on!

You started this nonsense with providing "advice" by correcting something that was correct to begin with (OP's grammar notwithstanding)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

:thumbs:

I've heard of "Train of thought" never "trend of thought". It could British. Just like I never heard of the word "snarky". Had to google & found out it's a British term.

Always learning something new. Just like learning how one cannot seek asylum because of perceived racism in a modern European country especially being an actress by a profession. :wow:

You know the silly talking British... They may have in invented english, but we perfected it :lol:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

I'm willing to wager it's "Kolob".

You started this nonsense with providing "advice" by correcting something that was correct to begin with (OP's grammar notwithstanding)

Train of thought IS correct. Trend of thought is correct too. Google both. They're both in the Webster's dictionary. Doesn't make any difference in the bigger scheme of things --i.e.giving OP good advice (if in fact she's not trolling).

The point is NOT to correct him, but rather urging him to 'try' to understand OP and provide any helpful advice. My position is that, we have members who do not speak english as a first language(agreed notwithstanding OP's writing abilities), so poking fun at her writing skills doesn't help.

I'm not going to characterize what you write or say as "nonsense" because that's not how to engage in dialogue, much more it will degenerate into something else of a sideshow. You and I can go back and forth all day, about who's right and who's wrong it wouldn't help OP( at this point my feeling is OP is trolling).

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Boggy has a history of ridiculous posts, derailing remarks. I do not recommend responding. Just read his history of posting. I tried to contact moderator due to number of incorrect advices that he/her provided intentionally and provocative posts but never got a response. Just ignore.. Again, I urge moderators to look at potential trolls. They spoiled this site lately big time. In addition, their advices may be taken seriously. Please, pay attention. This site is turning bad. I've been a member here for several years now and always found this site helpful. Never seen such a huge influx of trolls, etc.

Edited by san diego

Timeline

Following San Diego's advice - not responding.

Edited by Martyshk

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Boggy, the phrase is NOT "trend of thought." You look silly correcting someone who was not incorrect. You started this ridiculous tangent.

HT, train of thought is correct. Again train of thought IS correct...trend of thought is also used. Search both. It is an awkward way of saying let's not nitpick OP's language because she may not speak english as a first language. It's now clear to us both that OP was either trolling or had a language barrier as she's from France?

Yeah I know...we can agree that trend of thought is awkward. It doesn't help OP is my point.

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.