sina1t

my fiancee is being detained

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi my fiance is being held by ice she came to usa from France on a visa waiver she got married left to france came back 10 days later was married for 5 years and she petitioned for a green card she never got it cause she missed her appointment because she was on vacation now the lawyer is trying asylum is there anything anyone can think of that can help?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What grounds for Asylum?

Your post lacks punctuation so it is tough to tell where one point end and another begins

Was she admitted into the US or is she being detained at the airport?

Please explain the nature of her detainment

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Domestic violence charges were dropped shes in jail there was a removal order but we got a lawyer at the last second its credible fear asylum.

It was in.97 when she came to usa she got married by the end of the visa .

Edited by sina1t

What country is she trying asylum from, I sure hipe it isn't France. If it's France, you just threw money out the window on that lawyer.

Second, she is just trying for asylum from 1997, 15 years have gone by. Who is still looking for her after 15 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

What country is she trying asylum from, I sure hipe it isn't France. If it's France, you just threw money out the window on that lawyer.

Second, she is just trying for asylum from 1997, 15 years have gone by. Who is still looking for her after 15 years.

Especially with her being able to work/live anywhere in the EU basically with free movement, it is going to be a hard one.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

What asylum is she seeking? You need to write clearly and detail your statement so we all here can picture your concern.

If she is trying to file for asylum from her country of origin,and she's been traveling to that country,then you are wasting both resources and time.

Edited by ProudAfrican

May God Bless Us All In This New World.We All Have Come From Afar And We Need The Lord's Guidance For Success.

NB:I am not an Immigration Attorney, All i say here is based on my personal experiences through K-1 visa process and CR1/IR1 visa process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Fear of what?

And how long has ICE had her?

Will she take voluntary departure? and pay for her own flight home?

Or is the asylum related to france?

I think we need alot more info

Is she divorced?

How did the marriage end?

Did her ex husband report her to ICE?

Has she committed any other crimes in USA?

Did she ever adjust status with ehr husband?

Did she ever have a greencard?

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Asylum...from FRANCE? based on what, I know its not Haiti they R not a vwp country,

it not a good idea to file for frivilious asylum, it will worsen your case, see if she may

get a bond (slim chance) and get a good atty to tackle this matter, if she gets VD she

should honor it.....no matter how bad things look there's always a glimmer of hope, right

now do the right thing even if u both have to be apart for a while....best wishes

France, in 2012 France has had the most anti Jewish terrorist attacks in the world she was a human rights activist in France and shes half Jewish shes been an animal activist which is proven but not the activism in France.

Credible fear.

I told that to the judge he said asylum wont make it worst were just buying time to get married and file i130 credible fear from terrorism france had the most anti Jewish attacks in 2012.

She has a clean record a honor student in the states was never reported to ice has bachelors in france was accepted to medical school with grants in the states.

She was an actress in france.

Edited by sina1t

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Man,I cannot really catch your train of thought...it doesn't really matter do let play around what dish you are providing.

She came on a vwp and get married....she applied for green card but did not attend the interview because she went on a vacation ....then what happened to that marriage ?

You said she left and came back 10 days and she got married for 5 yrs...did she apply for for her green card?what happened?

She travelled out and now back to usa she was detained by ICE and you are trying to buy time by filing for asylum on a phobia ground so you both can get married? Dude,really?

Well there is lot to your story ...

Edited by ProudAfrican

May God Bless Us All In This New World.We All Have Come From Afar And We Need The Lord's Guidance For Success.

NB:I am not an Immigration Attorney, All i say here is based on my personal experiences through K-1 visa process and CR1/IR1 visa process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.