topaz75

Why send pictures

35 posts in this topic

No idea. I provided an A4 sheet with a load of pictures for my initial application for adjustment of status. For removing conditions I didn't include pictures. I also didn't include a cover letter, it isnt requested. My evidence was a birth certificate for my daughter. I think a child is good enough evidence of a bone fide marriage. :whistle: People get too paranoid.

To be honest not everyone has a child in their marriage due to many reason, for us it will be age and my wife can not have any more anyway, so the best policy many follow is just shoot anything and everything they have at the issue and see if they send an RFE.

We have the best proof of being together, well at least when we went to Niagara Falls, we returned via Buffalo NY and obviously was inspected at point of entry.

There is no harm in sending alternative evidence!

Paranoid is not the word I would use, but worried.... " What If"? what if I sent this or sent that, send it and see is the best policy, just make sure any copies you send, you have the originals should they request them at a later date!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We included photos that we thought helped show that our marriage was real. We had 3 pages of photos, each with 4-6 captioned photos on them (1 page was vacation photos, 1 was photos with our daughter, 1 was photos with each other's families). I thought it was good supplemental evidence, but we had tons of very solid evidence besides that. We were approved, so I'm not questioning it. It doesn't hurt especially if you only include a small number of photos and they are well organized so the IO knows what you are trying to show.

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

To be honest not everyone has a child in their marriage due to many reason, for us it will be age and my wife can not have any more anyway, so the best policy many follow is just shoot anything and everything they have at the issue and see if they send an RFE.

We have the best proof of being together, well at least when we went to Niagara Falls, we returned via Buffalo NY and obviously was inspected at point of entry.

There is no harm in sending alternative evidence!

Paranoid is not the word I would use, but worried.... " What If"? what if I sent this or sent that, send it and see is the best policy, just make sure any copies you send, you have the originals should they request them at a later date!

Certainly true, more can't hurt. Depending on your situation I imagine some people will need more stuff to pass the 'sniff test'. Personally, my situation is straight forward so I feel fine with the birth certificate. From my very limited nosing around in other threads (something to do while holding sleeping baby :dance: ) it seems that most RFE requests have other factors involved. It would be interesting and helpful to tally them all up to get common themes. Has anyone on this forum attempted this feat?

it seems that most RFE requests have other factors involved. It would be interesting and helpful to tally them all up to get common themes. Has anyone on this forum attempted this feat?

Not that I am aware and would be interesting, but can tell you the vast majority of previous RFE's come from not signing the applications or missing a question without answering it. May seem silly, but guess that's how they roll!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Certainly true, more can't hurt. Depending on your situation I imagine some people will need more stuff to pass the 'sniff test'. Personally, my situation is straight forward so I feel fine with the birth certificate. From my very limited nosing around in other threads (something to do while holding sleeping baby :dance: ) it seems that most RFE requests have other factors involved. It would be interesting and helpful to tally them all up to get common themes. Has anyone on this forum attempted this feat?

Not that I've read no. I have always been curious though because no-one has ever just sent proof of the woman having a child as proof of relationship... I'm really interested to see how this will work for you. I'm willing to pay you a $1 if you DON'T get RFE'd (or an interview) because I'm that confident you will get either RFE'd or interviewed.

You haven't shown proof of financial co-mingling, you just showed that she got pregnant and had a kid. I honestly don't know why you thought that would be enough when even the instructions only list it as one form of evidence and especially when I'm sure you're aware people have kids with people they don't give two sh*ts about all the time...

I'm really interested to see what happens. Please keep us posted!

Not that I am aware and would be interesting, but can tell you the vast majority of previous RFE's come from not signing the applications or missing a question without answering it. May seem silly, but guess that's how they roll!

I don't know how you think that. Most of the RFE's I see is missing evidence. There is the occasional "forgot to sign this form" but most of the time it's "please provide more evidence of your relationship" RFE's.

**Edit - here's a couple of threads:

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350302-request-for-further-evidence

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/373506-rfe-help-confused/ (this one they don't have kids)

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/370739-rfe-received-help/ (no kids)

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/400222-yes-another-we-received-a-rfe-post (has 2 kids, at least one together who is special needs that immigrant stays home with)

You can see the last one especially, sent the birth cert of the son and a couple of other things, still RFE'd for "evidence of good faith marriage".

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

There's a rumor that someone has sent video of him and his wife having sex. People who send extra ####### raise the expectation and bar for everyone else. I always believe in sending them the barest and most minimum set of data/evidence they need.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I sent pictures because I thought they would support my case. It certainly did with the I-130 and I-485

If you don't think pictures are needed in your case, then don't send them.

10/2001: arrived as a F1 student (college) in NC
01/2003: met my now-husband at school
08/2004: moved to Louisiana to continue study

AOS: I-130 and I-485
06/2010: got married in NC

01/2011: interview and approved

ROC: I-751
01/14/2013: Package Sent

06/12/2013: got approved!!!

06/14/2013: card and letter arrived!!!

Exactly 5 months!!! No Interview. No RFE.

Strongest Evidence? My 8-year relationship and 3-year marriage to my husband.

If it does not show commitment, then I don't know what does...

Naturalization: N-400

06/16/2014: Package Sent

06/23/2014: Check Cashed

06/27/2014: Received NOA1 (Letter dated 06/20)

07/07/2014: Walk-in Bio (Appt date 07/18)

07/09/2014: In-Line for Interview

08/07/2014: Received Yellow Letter (dated 08/02)

09/06/2014: Received Interview Letter

10/09/2014: Interview Date

10/21/2014: Oath Ceremony

I am officially an American Citizen.

---

Petition: I-130 for Mother and I-130 for Sister

---

Petition: I-130 Mother for Daughter

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

There's a rumor that someone has sent video of him and his wife having sex. People who send extra ####### raise the expectation and bar for everyone else. I always believe in sending them the barest and most minimum set of data/evidence they need.

Well, speaking of most minimum set of evidence, FYI, in the past, I know 1 VJ member got approved with only I-751 form, copy of GC, copy of child's birth certificate :whistle: Yes, I asked her if she really didn't send any tax returns or anything, and she said she didn't.

What a unfair/sloppy USCIS work :bonk: So, this shows that you don't need to send pictures...?? :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Surprised how long this thread has become. Given the possibly of fraud, I believe the adjudication of marriage based residencies (conditional or ROC) is highly subjective. I am sure there are some check boxes to establish minimum requirements for the evidence however, each case and respective evidence are different. My wife and I are an interracial and inter-faith couple - something not too common given my nationality and background, I felt compelled to send pictures of us together with her and my family - pictures say a thousand words! On the other hand, sending pictures would appear redundant and needless for a Pakistani who married some from Pakistan - a very common occurrence.

Edited by M + M

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I remember you bringing this up whilst you were doing NVC Doc Intake, and asking if you should send off your two sets of videos - if it would make any difference.

It's a good thing that there's no entity in this process that accepts electronic media, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Not that I've read no. I have always been curious though because no-one has ever just sent proof of the woman having a child as proof of relationship... I'm really interested to see how this will work for you. I'm willing to pay you a $1 if you DON'T get RFE'd (or an interview) because I'm that confident you will get either RFE'd or interviewed.

You haven't shown proof of financial co-mingling, you just showed that she got pregnant and had a kid. I honestly don't know why you thought that would be enough when even the instructions only list it as one form of evidence and especially when I'm sure you're aware people have kids with people they don't give two sh*ts about all the time...

I don't know how you think that. Most of the RFE's I see is missing evidence. There is the occasional "forgot to sign this form" but most of the time it's "please provide more evidence of your relationship" RFE's.

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/373506-rfe-help-confused/ (this one they don't have kids)

- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/400222-yes-another-we-received-a-rfe-post (has 2 kids, at least one together who is special needs that immigrant stays home with)

You can see the last one especially, sent the birth cert of the son and a couple of other things, still RFE'd for "evidence of good faith marriage".

The last case is very different. I think they are interested in what you have done in the last two years since your adjustment of status. Their child was conceived before the first K1 visa was issued, and the child was born before AOS. I could see the USCIS being interested as the situation piqued my interest, were they not in the same country before the visa?

The others may have broken the law.

One couple didn't file taxes - which is illegal and incredibly dumb as they may be entitled to a refund. Doest the USCIS have independent access to tax records? Anyone know?

The others, I wonder if they notified the USCIS using a AR-11 when they moved address? If they didn't, then they broke the law.

The last case is very different. I think they are interested in what you have done in the last two years since your adjustment of status. Their child was conceived before the first K1 visa was issued, and the child was born before AOS. I could see the USCIS being interested as the situation piqued my interest, were they not in the same country before the visa?

The others may have broken the law.

One couple didn't file taxes - which is illegal and incredibly dumb as they may be entitled to a refund. Doest the USCIS have independent access to tax records? Anyone know?

The others, I wonder if they notified the USCIS using a AR-11 when they moved address? If they didn't, then they broke the law.

In fact, thinking about it. One way to get a RFE is for your present address not to match your address in their records. I imagine that explains quite a few RFEs.

• 4 months later...

I got my approval today. In total honestly I included birth certificate, hospital record of birth, one page from our turbo tax return, and insurance card from car (as i was driving to post office). Basically the birth certificate and anything else i had to hand that day. NO cover letter, pictures or bank statements. 4 pages and the form.

I think if you have a baby during the two years then do not worry. You need very little additional evidence.

Good luck everyone and see you all for naturalization!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I got my approval today. In total honestly I included birth certificate, hospital record of birth, one page from our turbo tax return, and insurance card from car (as i was driving to post office). Basically the birth certificate and anything else i had to hand that day. NO cover letter, pictures or bank statements. 4 pages and the form.

I think if you have a baby during the two years then do not worry. You need very little additional evidence.

Congratulations!

I'm happy your lack of evidence worked for you, but people reading really shouldn't think that having a kid is the be all and end all. That's how people end up having kids they're not ready for, or just to get proof.

Kids are great, but we don't want people to have them just to prove their relationship.

As I stated last time. Better to send all the evidence you have (mostly financial is what they want), if it's not enough they'll just interview/stokes you.

Edited by VanessaTony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Okay, I highly doubt it will be enough. The baby is proof your wife had sex, the birth cert proves you claim it as your own, it doesn't prove it's yours (and i'm not being offensive when I say this, just telling you how it is). It's a positive factor but not enough. People have children all the time with no commitment so it doesn't prove commitment. You will also need evidence of co-mingling. I suggest you start preparing for your RFE if the birth cert is all you sent. Tax transcripts, bank statements, joint bills, copies of your licenses/ID showing joint address etc.

Otherwise you're right, the cover letter I wrote was simply a contents list as a checklist for myself more than anything. I'm sure it got tossed out. I included superfluous information maybe, who knows really but I was approved without RFE or interview in a reasonable timeframe for the period I filed so it worked for me!

Best of luck for the process.

You always give the most useful advices!!

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats! I think you were tad lucky there..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.