59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I got an email from my Senator today, USCIS changed my husband's address to AMERICA! They think we are both there! #######!

Why me?

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Please watch your tongue before you talk. Remember it's USCIS giving alien people's right to immigrate to USA. The way you talk is rude and unacceptable.

Nothing is perfect. If you are prefect, you wouldn't have made a post like the way you did. All you should do is to contact USCIS and ask if the address can be changed.

I just caught that title and asked the mods to change it. If you knew the half of what we were going through, you'd understand. It was 100% their error and when I called several times since them and said we were both in DK, no one said a word to me about the error that has existed since December 12 and had stopped our app from being fast tracked, which has become a critical issue at this point.

So, before you rebuke me, get some context to the situation.

Edited by Nola123

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~~~Title edited as requested by the OP to clarify ~~~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

~~~~Title edited as requested by the OP to clarify ~~~~

Thank-you, we need an edit title function. :thumbs:

First of all, the VJers can understand your feelings. But the truth is that the address has already been wrong. No matter how a lot more do you want to complain, it will not change anything. All you need to do is to talk and solve the mistake. By making post here criticizing and using dirty words won't do you any good. The critical issue is not closing your application but probably postponing it. There are others having questions which they just simply don't understand,but I have never seen another post similar or less modest than yours.

Ok, please stay out of my thread. :thumbs:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

And I was just told on the phone that they can't change his address back.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

And I was just told on the phone that they can't change his address back.

Wow. I wonder if you can get an expedite on your request now that they've screwed up.

I see USCIS error as a valid reason to expedite. And this seems to be a significant error.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

If you don't like how to OP posted, just don't say anything and move on. Criticizing them won't make them less upset (if that was your goal). Show tact and move along or look past the bad words and give some support. No one is forcing you to read this thread.

Well said!

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

I wonder why they can't change his address to DK!?! That doesn't make any sense at all. This has all been very hard on you and to find out something else they've messed up on must be extremely frustrating. I agree that with this USCIS error it's another cause for you to get an expedite! I would be stepping this up. How, i'm not sure but I be some fellow VJ members have some ideas.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I think they can only change the beneficiary's address with a letter/filled out form? I have no idea, I certainly didn't authorize them to change it and our Danish address was all over our I-130 as both mine and his address and even on the cover letter!

On the advice of the second CSR, I'm calling back tomorrow to get in touch with an ISO to see what is going on. Although, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Senator might be the better person to stay in contact with since they seem to know more than the USCIS phone line about my case.

I'm just really glad that we caught this error now and that I contacted the Senator, which I did feel kind of silly about doing but it obviously was the right choice.

I'll go look it up, but would the consensus be that ISOs start work at 9 am EST?

Thanks for the error info about the expedite, I'm hoping that all of this might be enough to nudge it along without that - I wonder how grave the USCIS error has to be though. I can try and glean the information about it tomorrow and see if it is possible. :thumbs:

As an aside, my first title was kind of mean, but you have no idea what the first CSR told me! He said I should travel to the US embassy in DK to get more information about my case and there was no one more knowledgable than him about it (he did tell me that he was NOT an ISO). The US embassy is about 3 hours away and imagine what they would have said if I had turned up at their door. :whistle: The Copenhagen US embassy doesn't even process CR1s, it is all done at Stockholm. *shakes head*

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

OK. I really didn't want to leave any reply to the thread. But I did it only before the moderator's edit of the OP's thread. If some words said over rudely before the edition (probably you didn't read it), then you probably would say something too. I won't reply anything if I read the post after edition simply because I just don't like to. Just one promise, I won't reply to the OP's thread ever again!

Thanks and what I said originally wasn't that bad, but I did have the good sense to ask to have it edited myself as posts here have an edit time limit and the titles can't be edited. You are being really snotty and being that you are AOSing your presence in this thread isn't helpful at all, especially because you are contributing nothing.

You have no idea the mess that USCIS could have created by doing this and the extra money and time it might have cost us to have it fixed later on. ( I think we'd need to file something for action on an approved petition if the SEnator hasn't discovered it). This is no small error.

3/26/18 Biometrics

now i reeaaaaally want to know the original name of the thread.

im sorry nola =((((((

Oh I know...me too!

Anyways, I can also feel Nola's frustrations too if that happened to me. Having just anything additional (even perceived) to slow down the process will get me peeved. :angry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I know...me too!

Anyways, I can also feel Nola's frustrations too if that happened to me. Having just anything additional (even perceived) to slow down the process will get me peeved. :angry:

i dont know if you read her original frustrations not getting noa1 and having to change her address for no good reason because she wasnt getting their mail.

soooo yes. lots of warranted frustrations up in hurr.

im a big baby. id be crying right now out of frustration.

nola? no shedding tears kk?

all will be ok.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Nola,

What a time consuming frustrating mistake

Please ask for an expedite based on USCIS error.

This will NOT slow down the petition and it is appropriate and you will already be talking to someone to make it happen.

You have been through enough

Ask for the expedite

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.