59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I hope you were able to get through!!! We finally got through to an tier 2 officer!!! After alot of running around the bush.....FINALLY I got her to admit that it was an ERROR on their part sending out the email stating that there was an address change submitted!!! AND to top it off in the email it said we would be given an appointment for his biometrics!!!! SERIOUSLY???? He did biometrics LAST APRIL!!!! The officer tried to call it everything but what it was. AN ERROR! I finally got her cornered by saying that how could an email be sent out on our case file unless it was inputted by someone who may have "accidently" typed in the wrong case file number???? Then did she say yes, it was an error.

SO I in turn said since it was an actual error on the USCIS part, shouldn't his case be expidited????? She said yes but as of right now you have a service request on the case because of being outside of the time frame for the RFE response! HA should have known something else to stop it!! I did find out that the service response has a target date of 02/02/13 and as of right now it is still sitting in the VSC waiting to be assigned to an officer to go over the RFE response that I sent in over 2 months ago!!!!! WHAT??? I also got an email saying that it was being sent to a local field office!!!! SOOO the truth came out!! It's still sitting there!!

Well once we get past 02/02/13 and not hear a thing I will be calling back for an expidition!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk:

:huh: Well that is USCIS for you, at least you know that it was just a mistake, but now you've got to wait - which always sucks. At this point I'd just be happy if they fix the address issue and we get adjudicated like anyone else without further delay, because that certainly would have cost us an extra 3 months and $400 and something dollars. We aren't at VSC and that is something onto itself to be thankful for.

I'm on hold now for the ISO, at least this CSR realized that this was a big boo-boo and was like "You guys aren't approved yet, right? Whew."

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:huh: Well that is USCIS for you, at least you know that it was just a mistake, but now you've got to wait - which always sucks. At this point I'd just be happy if they fix the address issue and we get adjudicated like anyone else without further delay, because that certainly would have cost us an extra 3 months and $400 and something dollars. We aren't at VSC and that is something onto itself to be thankful for.

I'm on hold now for the ISO, at least this CSR realized that this was a big boo-boo and was like "You guys aren't approved yet, right? Whew."

Did you get through? The agent I first talked to said that there were quite a few emails that were sent out in error stating there was a change of address put in for the files. I wanted to know why did it say that we not only put in an address change but also said we would be getting an interview date mailed to us for his biometrics???? Sounds like they combined someone's files with our! Plus they couldn't see the service request that was submitted it on the RFE!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

Ok, y'all are probably sick of hearing from me:

So, the ISO called NBC to ask about our case and changed the beneficiary's address, whee!

I put in an expedite request with him, but he seemed less than enthused about that and told me I'd hear back in 2 weeks. Stock response?

He said that they were literally unable to change my address back to a Danish one because their system just would not allow a non-US address input when doing the address change for the petitioner, but he did speak to NBC about it and put in a note about it. That ship has sailed at this point anyways.

They did not transfer our case to a field office and it is still at NBC, which he thought was promising. :unsure:

Edited by Nola123

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~~~Title edited as requested by the OP to clarify ~~~~

Ontarkie

QingChangBingBang just contacted me via private message to reprimand me for my comment that I made earlier in the thread. Can you please issue a warning to them that this is not appreciated.

Thank you

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Timeline

Ontarkie

QingChangBingBang just contacted me via private message to reprimand me for my comment that I made earlier in the thread. Can you please issue a warning to them that this is not appreciated.

Thank you

It seems I have a stalker, it is ok. :luv: I didn't realize I was quite that exciting and I'm kind of flattered. :luv:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Please watch your tongue before you talk. Remember it's USCIS giving alien people's right to immigrate to USA. The way you talk is rude and unacceptable.

Nothing is perfect. If you are prefect, you wouldn't have made a post like the way you did. All you should do is to contact USCIS and ask if the address can be changed.

Isn’t it congress that has given the USC the right to immigrate. Through bills and such passed to allow this?

With USCIS just being the current department that charged by congress to manage this?

Here was the email I got yesterday:

Thank you for contacting Senator Blumenthal regarding the immigrant visa application you submitted for your husband. Senator Blumenthal asked me to email you because I assist him with immigration matters.

I checked on the immigrant visa application you submitted for your husband and was told the address was changed on December 12, 2012 to reflect your husband having a CT address in Madison. Please let me know if this is correct because if he is abroad and his I-130 gets approved with a CT address, then you’d have to file another application to get the file relocated to the Embassy. If he is in the U.S. please let me know ASAP. Also, if he is in the U.S., please let me know how he entered just to make sure he would be eligible to adjust his status, ie. If he entered under the visa waiver program, he cannot adjust his status.

This rep doesn't know what they are talking about btw. You would not have to pay an extra fee, and your ability to adjust in the US has nothing to do with the VWP or another visa. An approved I-130 no matter the address goes to NVC. People that file that before they file the I-485 in the US have to get their I-130 petition back from NVC. Hopefully that makes you feel better.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

This rep doesn't know what they are talking about btw. You would not have to pay an extra fee, and your ability to adjust in the US has nothing to do with the VWP or another visa. An approved I-130 no matter the address goes to NVC. People that file that before they file the I-485 in the US have to get their I-130 petition back from NVC. Hopefully that makes you feel better.

Urrrmm ok, it isn't a matter of getting it back from the NVC but assigned to the embassy that requires the new form and the fee. I've seen cases on VJ where that has happened. :thumbs: Ever hear of an I-824?

Don't get all touchy about VWP, she knew they changed the address AFTER we filed the I-130, in which case coming in under VWP and then attempting to AOS with preconceived intent to stay would be fraudulent.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Yep I know what a I-824 is and it doesn't apply. The other things don't apply ether. I am not touchy, I am trying to help you.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Yep I know what a I-824 is and it doesn't apply. The other things don't apply ether. I am not touchy, I am trying to help you.

So if they think my husband lives in America and they approve the I-130 thinking he lives in America, what do you think would happen? I'm actually curious how we would fix that after the fact.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, it has been a long 48 hours :(

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yep, it is ok. I did file for an expedite on medical grounds and I didn't feel bad doing it with so many November filers already approved (which we probably would have been to if it hadn't been for this error).

I know some people have been having their addresses randomly updated, so I don't think it is something big to worry about. We did get two address change notifications in the mail, but there was no indication that they changed the beneficiary's address.

Calling for the most part seems to be a waste of time and actually messed up our case, I suppose I should have just had more patience but I was worried that we would not receive any RFEs if we also didn't get the NOA1.

To get in contact with our senator, we filled out an online form on his website many have a "How can I help you?" section. Then we submitted it, printed it off, signed it and e-faxed it. It was a pretty painless process.

What was ur original problem for why u faxed it in? Was it because of a long wait?

And ya I heard people have been getting the random mailing address change but its still something o make me worry..

Maybe I should call again...haha. Well good luck again!

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

**Just like in the forums, there is a "Report" button in the lower left corner of the post. Click it to report the person to the Moderation team.**

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

What was ur original problem for why u faxed it in? Was it because of a long wait?

And ya I heard people have been getting the random mailing address change but its still something o make me worry..

Maybe I should call again...haha. Well good luck again!

I contacted the Senator because I felt like something was wrong with the case and I wanted their help with a medical expedite. Every time I've called USCIS I've just gotten the run around, so it is beneficial having some weight on your side some times. In retrospect, it was a good decision in our case if only to fix that error. I wouldn't have contacted him if I didn't think our case was serious (not as serious as some emergency medical situations, but it isn't something I can have treated right now in Denmark so it is getting worse).

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Remember that VisaJourney is here to help, that also includes moral support and allowing members to vent their frustrations. Moral support throughout this process can be very benificial, the VJ comunity allows us to relate/connect and help each other out. So please remember that the person making their post might have had a bad day. Their thread/tittle may not have come out right, allow them time to clear things up or in this case edit the tittle. If you feel you cannot offer advice/support/or words of wisdom it is better to not post anything at all.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.