papaphilya

Confused on what to do after marriage. Please advise

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife arrived from russia and we got married on December 20th. We have also gotten her a social security number. But now i am very confused on what to do next. On the flowchart is says it says form i693 that is a medical thing, but she has done the medical thing in Russia. Does she need to do it again? the AOD, is that the same as applying for green card? Is it true that it takes a few months to few years to get? Any sort of detailed explanations are greatly appreciated. Thank you

-8/21/2012 NOA2

-8/29/2012 NVC mailed to Moscow

-9/25/2012 Moscow finally received.

-12/6/2012 Wife comes to USA

-12/21/2012 Married

-1/1/2013 Filed for i485

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

I think you are looking for this

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

I have looked at that already but I am still confused. The border control people took all the medical documents from my wife at the POE with the exception of the xrays. I am looking at the form i693 and it seems like she has to do everything all over again?

-8/21/2012 NOA2

-12/21/2012 Married

-1/1/2013 Filed for i485

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

See p.8 at page 4 in I-485 instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

K-1
02/14/2012 - Mailed I-129F
10/22/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved
10/25/2012 - Visa Received
11/03/2012 - US Entry (Washington DC - Dulles International Airport)
11/07/2012 - Married

AOS - (Approved - 9 2/3 months or 291 days)
11/09/2012 - Sent AOS documents: I-485, I-765 and I-131 - USCIS Chicago, IL
11/27/2012 - Biometrics completed
01/14/2013 - I-765 and I-131 approved

08/31/2013 - Received Welcome Notice for Permanent resident status in the United States - August 27, 2013
ROC
06/01/2015 - Sent I-751 - USCIS California Service Center
06/05/2015 - Check cashed
06/13/2015 - ASC Appointment Notice (received on 06/18/20015)
06/29/2015 - 12:00 pm - Biometrics appointment - Done
06/30/2015 - NOA received - NOA date 06/03/2015
12/23/2015 - New GC ordered
01/02/2016 - New GC delivered

N-400
05/31/2016 - Sent N-400 to Dallas, TX Lockbox; Field Office - San Antonio, TX

06/03/2016 - NOA

06/03/2016 - Credit card payment accepted

06/10/2016 - online account NOA in the mail and account created

06/11/2016 - NOA (application received & in process)in mail

07/12/2016 - Biometrics appointment

04/17/2017 - Interview - San Francisco, CA

05/04/2017 - Oath Ceremony - Oakland, CA -> a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

You filed a K1 and then got married here. Hopefully within the 90 day period. Next step is to file for her AOS, her green card. The lonk above is what you need to use. You should have a copy of her vaccination records. If not, no problem. She just has to show that she received them. So worst case is (I forget what you call it), but a shot that shows that she did get vaccinations previously. The doctor signs off on this and your done. My wife had to go thru this because her records were in Russian, the doc did not understand them and, hey, he wanted the money. So she got this shot and few days later it came back ok and that was it.

Timeline

I think we have misplaced the medical copy. Anyone have any idea what to do? The only thing we have is the xray. If USCIS already has a copy that the guys took at POE, why would we need to submit more evidence? Should we make an appointment for the civil surgeon here in the US and do the medical test all over again (her russian vaccination record was also in the lost packet)? Anyone else have this?

-8/21/2012 NOA2

-12/21/2012 Married

-1/1/2013 Filed for i485

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think we have misplaced the medical copy. Anyone have any idea what to do? The only thing we have is the xray. If USCIS already has a copy that the guys took at POE, why would we need to submit more evidence? Should we make an appointment for the civil surgeon here in the US and do the medical test all over again (her russian vaccination record was also in the lost packet)? Anyone else have this?

First, you will find information on AOS in the AOS forum here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-family-based-visas/

Second, if you do not have a copy of the DS-3025 vaccination record then you will have to remember if it was all done properly and all required vaccinations were completed. USCIS has a copy, so if it was done correctly and no vaccinations were needed, then you should still be able to skip the civil surgeon and the I-693. If she needs vaccinations, then you need to see a civil surgeon. They will need proof of the vaccinations she already had in order to transcribe the vaccinations onto the I-693, otherwise, you may have to get them again. No medical is required if the K-1 medical was done within a year of filing for AOS. Some civil surgeons will insist on the medical anyway and want to overcharge you. You will have to call around until you can find one that won't try and rip you off: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

This post explains best what the DS-3025 needs to look like in order to skip the civil surgeon and I-693: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__view__findpost__p__4971318

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

First, you will find information on AOS in the AOS forum here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-family-based-visas/

Second, if you do not have a copy of the DS-3025 vaccination record then you will have to remember if it was all done properly and all required vaccinations were completed. USCIS has a copy, so if it was done correctly and no vaccinations were needed, then you should still be able to skip the civil surgeon and the I-693. If she needs vaccinations, then you need to see a civil surgeon. They will need proof of the vaccinations she already had in order to transcribe the vaccinations onto the I-693, otherwise, you may have to get them again. No medical is required if the K-1 medical was done within a year of filing for AOS. Some civil surgeons will insist on the medical anyway and want to overcharge you. You will have to call around until you can find one that won't try and rip you off: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

This post explains best what the DS-3025 needs to look like in order to skip the civil surgeon and I-693: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__view__findpost__p__4971318

Thank you for that. Do you know by chance if the USCIS can send me a copy of that 3025? (which it seems like i will have to send back anyways lol) It seems from what my wife told me, is that she needs a flu shot and meningitis shots. otherwise her list is complete. I should I just not bother with it at all? Or should i try to get a copy of the 3025 from USCIS, take it to the CS and then do the other 2 and then mail the stuff to USCIS? THanks

-8/21/2012 NOA2

-12/21/2012 Married

-1/1/2013 Filed for i485

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you for that. Do you know by chance if the USCIS can send me a copy of that 3025? (which it seems like i will have to send back anyways lol) It seems from what my wife told me, is that she needs a flu shot and meningitis shots. otherwise her list is complete. I should I just not bother with it at all? Or should i try to get a copy of the 3025 from USCIS, take it to the CS and then do the other 2 and then mail the stuff to USCIS? THanks

The 3025 form is obtained at the medical in Russia. If she didn't obtain that, then you need to find a local Civil Surgeon and quite possibly retake all the vaccinations again.

Then you apply for AOS (and EAD and AP since they are free). Read the Guides for that. Welcome. Move on over to the RUB regional forum where you'll meet nice folks like yourselves.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

what to do after marriage? let me think.. mmmm.. how about s-e-x.. :lol:

sorry op, couldn't help it.. your thread title is asking for it...

Edited by av8or

LPR 2007

CITIZENSHIP 2012

N-400 filed based marriage to usc = april ??

biometrics = june 21

interview = august 2

oath taking = august 29

done..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from K1 to AOS from Family Visa forum ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

My wife arrived from russia and we got married on December 20th. We have also gotten her a social security number. But now i am very confused on what to do next. On the flowchart is says it says form i693 that is a medical thing, but she has done the medical thing in Russia. Does she need to do it again? the AOD, is that the same as applying for green card? Is it true that it takes a few months to few years to get? Any sort of detailed explanations are greatly appreciated. Thank you

Well, you do what most newlyweds do.....uhm...start comingling your lives and keeping records of this for the USCIS for the removal of conditions (ROC) stage that happens in about 21 months after the GC arrives. Get her a SSN ASAP so you can begin to add her as a beneficiary to your employer's benefits, add her to your life insurance, add her to your health insurance, file joint taxes, get a joint bank account, include her on the title to a car, add her to the car insurance, add her as beneficairy to your IRAs, share a bedroom and at least start out sharing a closet until she takes it over :lol: .

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Did the agent at the POE take the folder from her? That's what they did to my wife. She hasn't had a RFE or anything about the medical yet since I've filed for AOS. We have our interview for approval on Wednesday and I can let you know what happens. All my wife received from the whole medical thing was an X-Ray as well. If the border agent at POE took the sealed envelope, chances are that immigration already has everything. Can let you know for sure on Wednesday though or just look for my timeline to hopefully be edited with a Green Card approval!

K1 Process -

1/30/12 - I-129F sent

2/2/12 - NOA1 Received (CSC)

2/3/12 - Visa App Fee Check Cashed

6/18/12 - NOA2 Email Received at 9PM MST

6/22/12 - NOA2 Letter Received in Mail

7/11/12 - NVC Received

7/13/12 - NVC Sent Case to Moldova Embassy

7/18/12 - Packet 3 dropped off to Embassy

7/19/12 - Packet 3 & 4 Instructions Received from Embassy

7/23/12 - Medical Exam Passed

7/27/12 - Interview

8/4/12 - POE Denver, CO

9/14/12 - Wedding #1 (Denver Courthouse)

9/17/12 - AOS/EAD sent

9/19/12 - AOS/EAD NOA1

10/23/12 - Biometrics

1/16/23 - AOS Interview

6/15/13 - Wedding #2 (Colorado)

6/22/13 - Wedding #3 (Moldova)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.