The Nature Boy

Announce in AM to my Folks less $$ in paycheck

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Cause my first my opening work meeting starts at 6:30 AM.. Way to early for the prissy office folks to sully themselves with.

6:30 is not that early - my last manufacturing site job had HR on site from 5am till 10pm. I was shocked that they had such complete coverage even though the plant ran 24-7. That said, they would delegate everything to mid-level which I thought was insane. It sort of set up the good old boss has bad news vibe whenever there was a meeting.

One of the C-level execs there has been quoted saying "you can't find children ANYWHERE who say when asked "I want to be an HR manager when I grow up!"". I know HR gets hate from many sides but again, this isn't your [meaning a supervisor] thing. It's got nothing to do with you....and you get to deal with the fallout.

Filed: Timeline

There was no announcement on this in my firm. Not when the payroll tax holiday started, not when it was twice extended and not when it ended. I guess we're expected to keep up with these things on our own. Of course, we don't fill dish soap into bottles around here either.

Our HR is outsourced to one of those outsourcing firms. They have an HR Notes section which has... everything. Seriously, every little thing that could impact anyone is there. It's a mess of information but useful when we need to look something up.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's called after lunch here.

fine. Of course I don't get political, just gave them the facts. Wait till the check hits

couple hundred miles north of you the time after lunch (12:00+ until end of work day) was called evening. after work was called night. ugh ...

nice to see time-of-day reporting in your area more conventional.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Of course, we don't fill dish soap into bottles around here either.

Yeah that kinda work is for losers.

:hehe:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

6:30 is not that early - my last manufacturing site job had HR on site from 5am till 10pm. I was shocked that they had such complete coverage even though the plant ran 24-7. That said, they would delegate everything to mid-level which I thought was insane. It sort of set up the good old boss has bad news vibe whenever there was a meeting.

One of the C-level execs there has been quoted saying "you can't find children ANYWHERE who say when asked "I want to be an HR manager when I grow up!"". I know HR gets hate from many sides but again, this isn't your [meaning a supervisor] thing. It's got nothing to do with you....and you get to deal with the fallout.

Our HR manager is ok by me. Really knows here stuff. Making a lot of positive changes in our company...

Edited by Run Herschel Run

Filed: Timeline
Yeah that kinda work is for losers.

:hehe:

Just for the record: I meant no disrespect for factory workers. I have respect for all people putting in an honest day's work to make a living whether they fill bottles with dish soap, manufacture car parts, manage investments, do medical research, educate children, staff a cash register at the grocery store or pick up trash on the sidewalk.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Just for the record: I meant no disrespect for factory workers. I have respect for all people putting in an honest day's work to make a living whether they fill bottles with dish soap, manufacture car parts, manage investments, do medical research, educate children, staff a cash register at the grocery store or pick up trash on the sidewalk.

Amen sir. No matter your job, if your working you have my respect.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I skipped pages 2-4.. I got a raise today! My boss increased our wages to absorb the increase in taxes so that we wouldn't get a lower take-home pay. So my net is the same, but my gross is of course slightly higher. Pretty nice of him I think :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Sorry to revive this old beat-down. The difference in my SS tax from my paycheck for the first half of November 2012 and the sceond half of December 2012 is about $65. The late December check being the higher deduction. What exact day did the payroll taxes go up or the tax cut expire? (I really don't care how you look at it) Because it seems to me that I souldn't be paying this higher amount until this month (January 2013).

Sorry to revive this old beat-down. The difference in my SS tax from my paycheck for the first half of November 2012 and the sceond half of December 2012 is about $65. The late December check being the higher deduction. What exact day did the payroll taxes go up or the tax cut expire? (I really don't care how you look at it) Because it seems to me that I souldn't be paying this higher amount until this month (January 2013).

Hmm did not go into effect until 2013

Timeline

Hmm did not go into effect until 2013

I did some further math on it. The deduction came out to exactly 2% more for the pay period for the second week in December. I sent the payroll dept. an email with my findings. I'm curious what they'll come back with. I mean it's not a bunch of money, but if they did that to everyone, where did that money go? Did they pocket it, or did they send it to the govt?

Keep in mind on paper I work for an outsourcing company based in Bangalore.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The deduction came out to exactly 2% more for the pay period for the second week in December.

It might appear that your employer jumped the gun on you. The end of the SS holiday applies from 1/2013 onwards.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

It might appear that your employer jumped the gun on you. The end of the SS holiday applies from 1/2013 onwards.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Timeline

I did some further math on it. The deduction came out to exactly 2% more for the pay period for the second week in December. I sent the payroll dept. an email with my findings. I'm curious what they'll come back with. I mean it's not a bunch of money, but if they did that to everyone, where did that money go? Did they pocket it, or did they send it to the govt?

Keep in mind on paper I work for an outsourcing company based in Bangalore.

Sorry, meant to say second HALF of December.