The Nature Boy

Announce in AM to my Folks less $$ in paycheck

79 posts in this topic

Run Herschel Run owns a sweat shop now? he moving up in the world.

hardly. I don't own anything. I manage something. Hardly a sweat shop. we have insurance 401 k . You can easily take more resposiblity and make a decent wage. Entry level is above min wage and in line with other places that do wha twe do.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hardly. I don't own anything. I manage something. Hardly a sweat shop. we have insurance 401 k . You can easily take more resposiblity and make a decent wage. Entry level is above min wage and in line with other places that do wha twe do.

What type of work is it?

What type of work is it?

With out giving away to much,, we put liquid stuff into bottles and it sold nationwide in several nationwide chains.

Filed: Timeline
I have to announce to my employees in the morning why their next check will be 2% less than it was this week. The dems have that most of the voted for , just passed a bill that takes 2% more out of thier check. Most of them pay no taxes due to EIC, Depedants etc. This 2% hit they can not avoid.

Dems just took 2% from the working poor.

Take a look at the below. That was in last week's flyer at Publix. You know what that means? Publix just raised prices on Quaker Chewy Granola Bars 100% from $1.255 to $2.51 and they raised the price for Ronzoni Pasta from $0.745 to $1.49. And those are just two samples out of a line of dozens of products that they raised prices on by 100%. Those bastards! And that's not the only time they did that. They do this every friggin' week raising prices on dozens of items by 100%. What was that? Change grocery stores? Well, I would. But the bastards over at Winn Dixie and Sweetbay are doing the exact same thing. They're all raising prices on groceries by up to 100% on dozens of items each and every week.

Up until now I was under the impression that these were sales where prices on dozens of grocery items are temporarily lowered but I thank you for setting me straight and erasing that horrible misconception that I have had all along.

buy-one-get-one-free-003.jpg

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Take a look at the below. That was in last week's flyer at Publix. You know what that means? Publix just raised prices on Quaker Chewy Granola Bars 100% from $1.255 to $2.51 and they raised the price for Ronzoni Pasta from $0.745 to $1.49. And those are just two samples out of a line of dozens of products that they raised prices on by 100%. Those bastards! And that's not the only time they did that. They do this every friggin' week raising prices on dozens of items by 100%. What was that? Change grocery stores? Well, I would. But the bastards over at Winn Dixie and Sweetbay are doing the exact same thing. They're all raising prices on groceries by up to 100% on dozens of items each and every week.

Up until now I was under the impression that these were sales where prices on dozens of grocery items are temporarily lowered but I thank you for setting me straight and erasing that horrible misconception that I have had all along.

buy-one-get-one-free-003.jpg

I am sure the single mother of two working two jobs to put food on the table, will find your absolutely absurd grocery store analogy comforting.. EPIC FAIL.

So the paycheck they get in the AM will have the Dec 31st rates on them.. The next Paycheck they get will have the Dec 31 rates plus the added 2% withholding. Tell you what hero. Why don't you come explain to them how their check went down and it's a taxcut. I could sell admission and popcorn to that goat rope. Liberal Logic.. It's not wrong it's just amazingly bizarre.

Edited by Run Herschel Run

I am sure the single mother of two working two jobs to put food on the table, will find your absolutely absurd grocery store analogy comforting.. EPIC FAIL.

Why is that analogy absurd? The grocery temporarily lowers the price of items. They tell me for how long those lower prices are in effect. It helps me save money. But when the sale is over, it's over. No sane person would suggest that the grocery has raised prices following the expiration of a promotional deal.

The federal government - then fully controlled by the GOP - decided to send out stimulus checks in 2001 and 2002. Each check was for $800.00 for a married couple or so. That extra money was thought to go back into the economy and prime the pump, so to speak. Then in 2003 the checks were discontinued. The last thing that came to any sane person's mind was to think of that discontinuation as a tax hike. Yes, everyone effectively paid more taxes than the year before since that stimulus check was no longer coming but everyone understood from the get go that this was not a permanent institution but a temporary stimulus measure.

The federal government in 2010 decided to prime the pump by leaving extra money in the wallet of every working American. They did this by temporarily lowering the payroll tax contribution by 2% from 6.2% to 4.2%. At the median point, this meant an extra $1,000.00 a year for a household. (Side note: I remember well the ridicule this stimulus measure received from the right wing. Nobody is going to notice an extra $20.00 a week, they said. Thus, this can not possibly have any stimulative effect.) Two years later in 2013 this temporary stimulus measure expires. And no sane person would label that a tax hike either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The Democrats have cost me about 1000$ out of my pay this coming year.

So I have implemented a new Tax on any Democrat I see with a Dem bumper sticker on there car.

I key the car with the words "ObamaTax". This costs them about the same 1000$ that I am loosing and in car repaint and keeps the small collision shop in business, so it's a win/win for business and since Democrats don't mind the taxes, it works out great. :devil:

But Iv'e heard that some Democrats don't like this tax. I don't know why. :lol:

Edited by hawkeyez

The Democrats have cost me about 1000$ out of my pay this coming year.

So I have implemented a new Tax on any Democrat I see with a Dem bumper sticker on there car.

I key the car with the words "ObamaTax". This costs them about the same 1000$ that I am loosing and in car repaint and keeps the small collision shop in business, so it's a win/win for business and since Democrats don't mind the taxes, it works out great. :devil:

But Iv'e heard that some Democrats don't like this tax. I don't know why. :lol:

Daniel__s_Facepalm_by_xAikaNoKurayami.jpg

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** One post with language unsuitable for VJ and one quoting said post removed. Surely you can make your argument without resorting to swearing and name calling? ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg