The Nature Boy

Announce in AM to my Folks less $$ in paycheck

79 posts in this topic

My HR lady just called me. reminded me to announce in the AM to my people that there check will be less next week and why. It dawned on me.

My folks are about 95% or better democrats. A lot of them pay no tax or get back a substantial sum every year, more than they paid. This expiration of the SS holiday will hit them directly. No EIC, no head of household no 5 dependents.

a straight 2% of the 3% raise they got last year gone! These people can not afford it.

So thank you Democrats. You just hit the working poor with a sledge hammer and raised taxes on those who make more than 400K. The 400K will just find a shelter and loophole.

How ironic...

This is Social Security so no way not to not pay it. No getting in back in refund. SS money is used to fund the govt.

So Dems! the poor people that just voted for you got screwed. You pretend to raise taxes on the loophole crowd and took 2% from minimum wage earners.. You slick slick rascals.

Edited by Run Herschel Run

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357245531' post='5901030]

dude, #######?

I didn't know either. :lol:

My HR lady jsut called me. remined me to announce in the AM to my people that there check will be less next week and why. It dawned on me.

My folks are about 95% or better democrats. A lot of them pay no tax or get back a substantial sum every year, more than they paid. This expiration of the SS holiday will hit them directly. No EIC, no head of household no 5 dependents.

a straight 2% of the 3% raise they got last year gone! These people can not afford it.

So thank you Democrats. You just hit the working poor with a sledge hammer and raised taxes on those who make more than 400K. The 400K will just find a shelter and loophole.

How ironic...

This is Social Security so no way not to not pay it. No getting in back in refund. SS money is used to fund the govt.

So Dems! the poor people that just voted for you got screwed. You pretned to raise taxes on the loophole crowd and took 2% from minimum wage earners.. You slick slick rascals.

Why are you discusssing your parents financial situation on VJ? If your folks are about 95% or better democrats, what happened to you?

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1357245531' post='5901030]

Announce in AM to my Folks less $ in paycheck

dude, #######?

I have to announce to my employees in the morning why their next check will be 2% less than it was this week. The dems have that most of the voted for , just passed a bill that takes 2% more out of thier check. Most of them pay no taxes due to EIC, Depedants etc. This 2% hit they can not avoid.

Dems just took 2% from the working poor.

I assume he means his employees? Folks is a weird word to choose. Why would HR be calling him about his parents? So many questions.

Why are you discusssing your parents financial situation on VJ? If your folks are about 95% or better democrats, what happened to you?

My folks==== Southern for my 60 employees

Edited by Run Herschel Run

I assume he means his employees? Folks is a weird word to choose. Why would HR be calling him about his parents? So many questions.

Yes see. even a Brit can figure it out.. Sorry, we use slang at work. HR generally refers to the plant people as my folks, as opposed to admin or sales . I can see how that confused you all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

What he is referring to is the temporary drop in employee paid social security tax. The rate was dropped by 2% for 2012 so everyone was paying 2% less in tax this past year in an effort to boost the economy. The temporary drop in rate was not renewed thus beginning on January 1, 2013 everyone will see a 2% increase in tax for social security on income up to the limit, somewhere around $106,000 in income.

This is not a new tax, simply a return to the prior rate.

If you want to make a real argument, talk about how the government "borrows" from the social security fund. To me this money should be untouchable just like any companies pension fund. Or why don't you complain about how the old people who currently receive social security aren't getting annual cost of living increases to match the real rate of increases because working people don't want to pay the tax?

Damn Republican's protecting the rich. They could care less about the working class.

Pretty sure the majority Dems passed this thing

Yes see. even a Brit can figure it out.. Sorry, we use slang at work. HR generally refers to the plant people as my folks, as opposed to admin or sales . I can see how that confused you all.

Who's the Brit?

I have to announce to my employees in the morning why their next check will be 2% less than it was this week. The dems have that most of the voted for , just passed a bill that takes 2% more out of thier check. Most of them pay no taxes due to EIC, Depedants etc. This 2% hit they can not avoid.

Dems just took 2% from the working poor.

You have employees??? :lol:

I'm sure they'll be bummed to find out they have to drive their cabs an extra day a year to make up for the shortfall. Who's you HR dept, Lenny and Squiggy?

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: Timeline

plant people???????????? oh that's terrible.

around here, we call them the pod people. much more respectful than plant people.