zeusthunder10

16 years old immigrant teen from colombia.

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

The only way I see possible for your mother's plan to work is for her to marry a US citizen before you turn 18 and have them petition you as a step-child or for you to marry a USC when you turn 18.

You seem to be a mature man and considerate of your mother and her desires, but allow me to point out the negatives of this plan. Would you be willing to see your mother in a love-less marriage just for the sake of your happiness? Would you be willing to risk not only your ability to stay or return to the US but also having your mother deported with a life-time ban for immigration fraud? Would you be willing to risk your other family member's immigration status just so you could remain in the country?

Either of the above plans is going to draw red flags to your case, having overstayed a number of years, other members of your family obtaining immigration benefits by marriage, etc. You would be risking not only your ability to remain in the US but a lot of your family members could become implicated also and possibly deported.

If your mother petitioned for you right now, there is less than a two year wait for a visa. You will not incur a ban until 6 months after your 18th birthday. Meaning when you turn 18 you begin accumulating unlawful presence and when you hit 6 months of unlawful presence you receive a 3 year ban upon leaving the US. You will have to interview in Colombia for the visa but you can do the math and see what the possible solution is for you to obtain legal status in the US.

I understand your pain and think it is wonderful to want to help your mother in such a way. You need to do things the legal way and not just the easy way. You will find out in life that the easy path is not always the best one.

Good luck to you and I am sorry your family placed you in this situation.

so theres nothing my mom can do? someone told her that she could waver me because i am still a kid and because i entered the U.S legally. she becomes a citizen in 3 years and a half. there most be something that can be done without me having to go back in my country and stay there for some years...

marrying my current GF is still a choice but i wont marry her before she finishes college...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Hi fella,

I think everybody here is trying to help you but it s up to you to decide what you want for the rest of your life.

You came here 5 yrs ago and you overstayed on a visa, you cannot do much outside your house because you have no legal presence... I know you are frustrated but your mother needs to focus and work with an immigration lawyer specialized in this type of case.

You are still young and the decision you make today impacts your tomorrow ...your mom want your best but she needs to do it the right way and she still get the window opened till you turn 18.

Good luck fella

May God Bless Us All In This New World.We All Have Come From Afar And We Need The Lord's Guidance For Success.

NB:I am not an Immigration Attorney, All i say here is based on my personal experiences through K-1 visa process and CR1/IR1 visa process.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does this person needs legit help or ideas in trying to get over via

marriage? as he said all family members have done, LifeJ. tried to answer U but

you are focused on spelling, when ICE picks up ppl they dont like smart

alecks or snotty ppl. Get an atty, since U still dont get it, your mom

cannot marry , file for citizenship, wait on interview past test, take oath

in 2 yrs, she can file for U now and U go pick up visa in your country. best wishes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I understand you don't want to leave under any circumstance so maybe its best you continue to live as a fugitive. seems money is tight in your household so hiring a good immigration attorney isnt possible for you and of course you cannot work. I think in worst case if nothing positive happens and you become 18 its best you leave USA like others telling you here. Yea I know this is not an option but proceed carefully. good luck.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry you are having issues, do it the legal way, we did with our families.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

shes waiting for her citizenship becus she just became a perm resident 15 months ago.

Is your GF a USC? If so, how likely do you think it would be to marry her? Sounds natural.

Your going to have a very hard time finding someone here to guide you through visa fraud.

USCIS:

06/06/2012: Sent I-130 to VSC (as LPR)

06/08/2012: NOA1 (Priority Date)

06/12/2012: Touched

08/20/2012: Mailed VSC request for Upgrade to CR1

08/23/2012: Opened Request with USCIS for Upgrade to CR1

08/27/2012: Got Email confirming upgrade to IR1/CR1

11/13/2012: NOA2

NVC:

11/16/2012: NVC Received (NVC # not ready)

11/19/2012: BOG number/IIN - Gave emails

11/19/2012: Choice of Agent email sent

11/20/2012: AOS bill invoiced

11/20/2012: AOS bill paid shows in process

11/21/2012: AOS package sent

11/21/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email sent (again)

11/21/2012: Choice of Agent email accepted

11/23/2012: IV bill invoiced

11/23/2012: IV bill paid

11/26/2012: IV package sent

11/26/2012: IV bill shows PAID

12/07/2012: AOS accepted

12/10/2012: IV Accepted

12/10/2012: Case complete

12/13/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Bogota:

01/25/2013: Lab Visit

01/28/2013: Medical

01/30/2013: Interview

02/05/2013: Email Waybill (5PM)

02/06/2013: Visa in hand

02/08/2013: POE JFK, NY

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

you guys just dont know how horrible it is, my GF is getting her drivers permit and shes gonna drive me around because i cant get mine because im undocumented.

i cannot help my mom pay the bills and i have to rely on her whenever i need money to take my GF out

sorry if i sound rude i just hate bad news...

You have been given amazing advise by at least two experianced members. Kaythryn has laid out the whole plan for you for example. You are beyond rude as well as ignorant. Ignorance, arrogance adds up to another spolied teenager. This one just happens to be illegal.

You concentrate on the spelling of the country that you dislike and even fear rather than your own situation. The reaction of a child I suppose.

Down the road we will find that you are simply another illegal of deported to Culubmia or Colombia. Either that or you can live in fear here in this country as you await the day of judgement by the laws of America.

Bad news? Wait until the day comes when you have to deal with your own reality. On that day I hope you look back at this chance you had to not have a real bad experiance and be honest with yourself about responcibility.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

You can actually apply for deferred action since you entered the U.S. before your 16th birthday. It won't give you a green card but you can get a work permit and a social security number. You and your mom should speak to an immigration lawyer.

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is your GF a USC? If so, how likely do you think it would be to marry her? Sounds natural.

Your going to have a very hard time finding someone here to guide you through visa fraud.

yeah, my gf is german and both her parents and her were born here in the U.S

we could get married, we already talk about it. her parents know im illegal and so does she, but i want to get a job now so i can have a resume. i wanna go to college too specially because she talks about having kids with me and a house and all.....

Filed: Timeline

Just curious... Can't this youngman be helped by the Dream Act put forth by the Obama Administration 3 months or so ago? I haven't read the entire Executive Order NOT to deport illegal alien minors/children under 18yrs if they enlist in the military or go to college?

Can you talk to an attorney about this EO and how that might apply to you? Especially since you say you've been here in the US over 5years? Again, I am not sure what this EO means for you but you can explore that, while you seriously take into consideration the advise already given.

Good luck!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

doesnt grant her citizenship but it makes the process faster so she can waiver me before i turn 18

That's not the case, alas,

as she came in on a relative-sponsered visa,

and NOT a marriage-related visa.

You should check out joining the USArmy , inception date 2 weeks after yer 18th birthday.

There is a quick-route to USCitizenship if you go that route, and you don't need to get married.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

You should check out joining the USArmy , inception date 2 weeks after yer 18th birthday.

There is a quick-route to USCitizenship if you go that route, and you don't need to get married.

Only US Citizens and legal permanent residents can join the US Army (and other military branches).

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.