DLodi

I-751 Interview Scheduled (Wife not here)

47 posts in this topic

Sheesh, above two posters! Put on your critical thinking caps - he is afraid that if she doesn't come back for the interview and his ROC is denied, he'll be shipped back home, where everyone knows he left Islam and is making death threats towards him. I'd be very scared in that situation as well. OP, I wish I could do or say something to help you, but I do sincerely hope this situation can work out for the best. Looking forward to good news from you!

Thank you for understanding my position. I'm not here criticizing Islam, but rather telling people the danger I face. I'm an apostate, and I used to be a devout muslim and I know many deeply religious people htere, and I am scared out of my pants.

Yes, my case is straight forward and I shouldn't be worried about anything. I'm just concerned because my wife is not here and I do not want to be deported for no reason. I'm a unviersity student, my studies are my everything, and my future, and literally my life is at stake.

Anyhow, I emailed my wife and begged her to come back for the interview, but she has blocked me for Facebook. So it's obvious she doesn't give a rat's #### about me. So now, next week I will file for divorce, that's it. I've had it with her. She is putting my life on risk.

Good thing is that her family is absolutely on my side and they know her mental condition and the abuse that she has caused me in 4 years and things that I have done for her, to help her. My parents in law treat me like their son, i am best friends with my mother in law. They said they will go with me if they have to.

So on Friday I will go to the USCIS office as I have an INFOPASS made, and I will tell them this is what has happened and that I will be filing for divorce, so let's see what happens.

If you wife doesn't come back you will attend the interview without her and have proof of filing for divorce. Tell them you would like to change it to a waiver filing. Hopefully your wife will sign the divorce paperwork quickly so that you aren't waiting long.

If you don't get the divorce decree before the RFE deadline (86 days or so) your ROC will be denied and you will go before an immigration judge who will order USCIS to wait until your divorce is final before processing the ROC.

I read your post again. So I'm going to file the divorce next week after meeting with the officer on Friday through INFOPASS. Now, I've emailed my wife & told my mother in law to email her as well, telling her that I am filing for divorce and that she needs sign the papers.

You said that if she doesn't sign the papers my ROC will be denied and the immigration judge will order the USCIS to wait for the divorce decree to come through before they process the ROC. Now, what do you mean by they will process the ROC? Meaning they will re-assess my case based on divorce or will they just deport me after the divorce is complete?

Please note that my in-laws are all with me, and I have all the evidence regarding our bona fide marriage.

Thank u

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I read your post again. So I'm going to file the divorce next week after meeting with the officer on Friday through INFOPASS. Now, I've emailed my wife & told my mother in law to email her as well, telling her that I am filing for divorce and that she needs sign the papers.

You said that if she doesn't sign the papers my ROC will be denied and the immigration judge will order the USCIS to wait for the divorce decree to come through before they process the ROC. Now, what do you mean by they will process the ROC? Meaning they will re-assess my case based on divorce or will they just deport me after the divorce is complete?

Please note that my in-laws are all with me, and I have all the evidence regarding our bona fide marriage.

Thank u

They will process your ROC as a divorce waiver filing. It would be like you had filed at the start as a waiver filing and included the divorce decree. They will assess it based on the bonafides of your relationship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what day is she scheduled to return to the USA, from this 'study abroad' program?

why not ask USCIS , after an actual interview has been scheduled, to reschedule after that return date?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

what day is she scheduled to return to the USA, from this 'study abroad' program?

why not ask USCIS , after an actual interview has been scheduled, to reschedule after that return date?

The issue is that she left for that program, and she doesn't want to return because as she claims 'she will loose her job' there. Which I find very absurd. However, I've gone through tremendous amount of mental, & physical abuse from her over the years. If she doesn't care this much about me, that means she doesn't love me. So, I can't take anymore chances with her. I've decided that I will divorce her and I've told her parents as well. Her parents are on my side, as they are well-aware of her mental condition and the pain I've gone through in this marriage. i've been a good husband all these years, and was with her at every step of the way, even though she abused me. I stuck around cause of love, and I saw her as a sick person> i didn't want to abandon her. But she has abandoned me. I'm still in shock that how apathetic she could be. But then again she is a sociopath. She is not able to connect with other people and that's why she has no friends.

They will process your ROC as a divorce waiver filing. It would be like you had filed at the start as a waiver filing and included the divorce decree. They will assess it based on the bonafides of your relationship.

Hello,

So I went in the morning today for the INFOPASS appointment. I spoke to the officer and told him my situation that my wife & me have separated and that I'm filing divorce. So he told me to write a statement, which I did, regarding the new changes. He told me the same stuff you said earlier, that I should bring the proof of filing divorce at the interview, and that I'll have 3 months after the interview for the decision pass.

Now, I've emailed my wife and told her this is what I am doing. My mother in law did the same, however she has not responded. I know she saw my msg on facebook. Also, I will go to the court house on Monday to find out about the procedure, however, she hasn't said anything about signing papers. She is in another country, and it seems like she doesn't want to give me her contact. This is the worrying part. It's jsut unbelieavable that she won't cooperate on any level, not with me or with her parents on other issues that she has created for them.

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't know you, and I don't know your wife. But to me it seems like you filed you I-751 jointly despite the fact that your marriage is not healthy anymore. You didn't expect and interview, but now there is an interview and your wife doesn't want to cooperate. The first thing I would do as an I.O. is look at your wife's signature on the I-751 and compare it to those signatures that are in your file, and if I felt that the signature is not authentic, I would end the interview right then and there and wait for your wife's sworn statement, made at the U.S. consulate in Pakistan, that she indeed signed the I-751.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

I think you should collect a lot of evidence of abuse and a medical condition plus friends n even her parents is a plus. that will make u more prepared of any claim she might bring up since now it looks like it might end up being a rough divorce.

Just pray hard she doesn't tell them a different story from urs.

I wish u all the best and pray hard.

I don't know you, and I don't know your wife. But to me it seems like you filed you I-751 jointly despite the fact that your marriage is not healthy anymore. You didn't expect and interview, but now there is an interview and your wife doesn't want to cooperate. The first thing I would do as an I.O. is look at your wife's signature on the I-751 and compare it to those signatures that are in your file, and if I felt that the signature is not authentic, I would end the interview right then and there and wait for your wife's sworn statement, made at the U.S. consulate in Pakistan, that she indeed signed the I-751.

I have all the paper work needed. I even have the copies of the petition she filed in the U.S. for me to come over. I have the paperwork that I received back from the U.S. embassy as well. Also, my in-laws are with me, I will take all the affidavits from as many people as possible. Parents in Law, family friends, her bro & sister etc.

I'm filing divorce on Monday. However, I'm just wondering how long will it take for the divorce decree to pass if she doesn't sign the papers. Because she is out of the country. She does talk online to me when she 'needs' something. Otherwise she doesn't respond to my request to sign the divorce papers. For some reason she just doesn't want to give me her address. Her mother has been on her case as well, but she blocked her mother as well.

She has hurt her family along with me, cause she just abruptly left, abandoning her studies and what not.

However, we all are very concerned about her well-being there, because she has psychological issues. All of this is just crazy what we are going through right now.

I think you should collect a lot of evidence of abuse and a medical condition plus friends n even her parents is a plus. that will make u more prepared of any claim she might bring up since now it looks like it might end up being a rough divorce.

Just pray hard she doesn't tell them a different story from urs.

I wish u all the best and pray hard.

I do have a couple of receipts from her appointments with the psychologist. I will collect affidavits from our family & friends. I have a lot of paperwork, and plus my inlaws are all with me on this. They will go with me to the interview and I hope the officer will let my mother or father in law attend the interview.

Yes you are right, you don't know me and you don't know my wife. And your assumption is totally wrong. Thanks for trying though.

Hi,

Not sure if you received my post, but I went to the interview told the officer what is going on, he made me right a statement. Is that unusual? He also said the interview will probably be in Febuary

i have never seen a wife like that , first you were claiming you love her so much you dont wanna divorce her and now you wanna divorce her..why did you marrry sucha lady spending 6 months in pakistan and still you didnt know her? and you dont have no authority on her bro even you dont have her number or address what she is doing right now and i dont think so she is gonna sign the divorce paper for you.. as you said she blocked you on facebook .. no wife will do that . as long as she doesnt sign the divorce paper its going to be harder for you bro.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi,

Not sure if you received my post, but I went to the interview told the officer what is going on, he made me right a statement. Is that unusual? He also said the interview will probably be in Febuary

No that's typical. Basically it's your statement that will go with the I-751 waiver. Hopefully you've already filed for divorce and got that moving 'cause it may take a while.

• 1 month later...

No that's typical. Basically it's your statement that will go with the I-751 waiver. Hopefully you've already filed for divorce and got that moving 'cause it may take a while.

Hi Vanessa&Tony,

I still haven't received the date for the interview, which is weird because my extension expires on February 24th. I was attempting to create an INFOPASS, however the only available date is Feb 25th, which is past the expiration of my extension.

Now, I'm really concerned and not sure what to do. I can only think of calling USCIS tonight and see what they say.

Your advice, as always, will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.